The Deals Thread (CLOSED! See the last post for the link to the new thread)
Jan 15, 2013 at 12:43 AM Post #9,001 of 9,815
I think the D600 sounds fine, just overpriced at $500. Then again the HD800 is priced at $1500 when they sound more like 1000, seems like that is common business practice these days. However at $300-350 the D600 easily beats out all the pieces of crap at Apple Store, with the possible exception of the Momentum (just talking full-size only of course).

People seem to forget that the new Denons were made to compete in the same market that Beats currently reigns supreme, so an *audiophile* sound approach most likely won't work. Basically the D600 sounds like a refined Beats, with less muddy, more quality bass and better mid/treble performance, packed in a luxurious box with BS marketing written all over it and all kinds of cool extras. The D600 is not perfect, but neither were the D5000 or the D7000, some people modded the hell out of their pairs and claimed that the stock model were borderline awful after listening to the modded version. What gives?    

And last but not least, if you don't like bassy headphones, don't buy one and then complain that they are bad, period. I bought the D600 knowing exactly what to expect, so I wasn't in any shock whatsoever.

So true about the mods on the older Denon line. Seems like modding them is almost a most! Primarily it's the cord that's the real problem. Kinks way to easily, isn't made very well, and most say holds the headphones back quite a bit. Now a good amp I imagine goes a long way but it would be nice to have a $700+ headphone sound great out of the box you know. Totally agree with you on what you said about bassy headphones and its the same for non-bassy cans as well. Do your homework before buying any of these great deals we keep posting because you'll just end up waistline time and money on something you may not want.

Oh and it's not the bass that worries me about the Sony's it's the sound in general!! I love bass heavy cans like the XB500 for how fun they are but the new XB line is on par with Skullcandy is terms of sound quality. Not very good at all. And build quality was even worse than the sound. So new Sony's kinda worry me at the moment.

Companies selling their souls to try to get that "Beats" money... Sad

Jan 15, 2013 at 1:14 AM Post #9,002 of 9,815
Found this on eBay

Beyer T70p for $379 Brand New. Probably not a certified seller but at that price I think its ok :) Plus they have a 14 day return policy so if they aren't what they say they are send them back and get your money back.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Beyerdynamic-T-70p-Dynamic-Headphone-with-Tesla-Technology-32-Ohm-BRAND-NEW-/251194813943?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item3a7c60adf7

Jan 15, 2013 at 10:43 AM Post #9,006 of 9,815
Quote:
Too bad it's only the white ones; I've been wanting to try these for a while.

Well, I think the white are better looking than the purple ones I got for $33 new.  (I gave them to my brother, I have yet to try them).

Jan 15, 2013 at 11:01 AM Post #9,007 of 9,815
Well, I think the white are better looking than the purple ones I got for $33 new.  (I gave them to my brother, I have yet to try them).

Heh. Normally, I like white electronics, but these just look like they'd get dirty easily. Plus, the brown and black ones look super classy to me for some reason.

If anybody's interested, I found the brown and black downtowns on eBay for $46.86 shipped from seller geodavid.

Jan 15, 2013 at 1:52 PM Post #9,008 of 9,815
Since the deals have been a little slow.... 

[size=medium] AKG Q701 Black Quincy Jones (Open box, like new, basically means brand new items, with a slightly damaged box)[/size]

[size=1.45em]$157.52[/size][size=small] [/size]and eligible for 
sip-prime-check-badge._V192192372_.gif

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B004EQPE6G/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used&m=A2L77EE7U53NWQ

Jan 15, 2013 at 2:21 PM Post #9,011 of 9,815
Quote:
Since the deals have been a little slow.... 

[size=medium] AKG Q701 Black Quincy Jones (Open box, like new, basically means brand new items, with a slightly damaged box)[/size]

[size=1.45em]$157.52[/size][size=small] [/size]and eligible for 
sip-prime-check-badge._V192192372_.gif

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B004EQPE6G/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used&m=A2L77EE7U53NWQ

They are gone!

Jan 15, 2013 at 2:45 PM Post #9,015 of 9,815
Quote:
Anyone knows any other deals on the AKG Q701/K701/702? I don't even think ill enjoy them, but somewhy I need to have them!

I've had all three, and sold both the K701 and K702. The Q701, on the other hand, imho, stands out as a great headphone, especially at it's price. The other two were too bass-light for my tastes. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back