The Deals Thread (CLOSED! See the last post for the link to the new thread)
Dec 30, 2012 at 2:20 AM Post #8,626 of 9,815
Quote:
What wound you recommend for a well rounded cans like D2K's?  I was thinking hd650 for the sub-$500 range.

The D2ks are certainly not what I would call "well rounded". They were pretty bass heavy and warm sounding. If you want something 'well rounded', but still sounding like the D2000, I'd easily recommend the Mad Dog headphones. If you want something that sounds similar to the D2000, I'd go with M100 or m80 from V-moda, ultimate ears UE6000, Sennheiser momentum or HD25, AKG K550.

What kind of music are you into? 

Dec 30, 2012 at 2:21 AM Post #8,627 of 9,815
Quote:

I think that the deal is quite good. The D600 do have a sound that is quite fun.
For the original selling price they were overpriced, but for $325 they are a bargain.

You can read the reviews to see if they match what you are looking for:
http://www.head-fi.org/products/denon-ah-d600/reviews

I am worried about it being a fake or scam, it is much cheaper than the new price.  But I guess that is the risk you take with buying used open box. 

Dec 30, 2012 at 2:27 AM Post #8,628 of 9,815
Quote:

The D2ks are certainly not what I would call "well rounded". They were pretty bass heavy and warm sounding. If you want something 'well rounded', but still sounding like the D2000, I'd easily recommend the Mad Dog headphones. If you want something that sounds similar to the D2000, I'd go with M100 or m80 from V-moda, ultimate ears UE6000, Sennheiser momentum or HD25, AKG K550.

What kind of music are you into? 

I would say my library consists of 50% EDM/dubstep/house, 20% alternative rock/classic rock, 30% hip hop/r&b/rap... Some bands I'm pretty big on are The XX, Knife Party, Arctic Monkeys, Avicii, Kaskade

Sorry for turning this into a recommendation post, I apologize in advance lol

Dec 30, 2012 at 2:37 AM Post #8,629 of 9,815
Quote:
I would say my library consists of 50% EDM/dubstep/house, 20% alternative rock/classic rock, 30% hip hop/r&b/rap... Some bands I'm pretty big on are The XX, Knife Party, Arctic Monkeys, Avicii, Kaskade

Sorry for turning this into a recommendation post, I apologize in advance lol

Was going to suggest moving this to the suggestion thread, but I see you posted there. I'll reply there and we can talk there :)

Needless to say if you're listening to anything electronic, the new D600 and D7100 will not be friendly. The drivers are so unresponsive it'll just sound muddy. The frequency response 30Hz is just painful to see. 

http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/DenonAHD600.pdf

Dec 30, 2012 at 11:15 AM Post #8,633 of 9,815
It's happened again... The Pro 750 have dropped again!! $149 on Amazon. That's insane!! I can't let that go. It was tempting enough before now it's just to much to let go

http://www.amazon.com/Ultrasone-PRO-Closed-Back-Professional-Headphones/dp/B003USCCFA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1356890465&sr=8-1&keywords=pro+750+ultrasone

Dec 30, 2012 at 3:36 PM Post #8,634 of 9,815
It's happened again... The Pro 750 have dropped again!! $149 on Amazon. That's insane!! I can't let that go. It was tempting enough before now it's just to much to let go
http://www.amazon.com/Ultrasone-PRO-Closed-Back-Professional-Headphones/dp/B003USCCFA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1356890465&sr=8-1&keywords=pro+750+ultrasone

I agree, it keeps getting better and better. I already had couple of chats with Amazon about price adjustments and so far they refunded me over 50 bucks as the price kept dropping over the last few days. This is lowest price ever i believe. Mine will be delivered tomorrow, can't wait to see what they have to offer.

Dec 30, 2012 at 4:23 PM Post #8,635 of 9,815
Quote:
I agree, it keeps getting better and better. I already had couple of chats with Amazon about price adjustments and so far they refunded me over 50 bucks as the price kept dropping over the last few days. This is lowest price ever i believe. Mine will be delivered tomorrow, can't wait to see what they have to offer.

For $149 I find it really hard to believe that there is a better pair of cans out there. Back when they were around $250 I thought they were still a good value seeing that they came with two sets of velour pads that should be rotated every few months a hard carry case, detachable cords one straight one coiled and a cool demo cd that shows off the S-logic and is a nice addition to your library. For $250 that was awesome and for $149 its damn near illegal!!
basshead.gif

Can't wait for mine to show up

Dec 30, 2012 at 10:47 PM Post #8,640 of 9,815
I bring unofficial word on the Matrix M stage order, for anyone that's left.

Massdrop is reasonably sure they've all been shipped. How, you can be pretty sure but not totally sure makes no sense to me but hey, who am i to question. Anyway, they said USPS was carrying, so i suppose they should be here sometime in the coming week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back