The Deals Thread (CLOSED! See the last post for the link to the new thread)
Dec 18, 2012 at 1:04 AM Post #8,401 of 9,815
:D

Amazon's got no-hassle return shipping ... probably better to just get it and return it if you really don't want it later.  Because if you do want it later, and you've missed it, you're gonna be pretty pissed at yourself. 

Good idea, it'll give me an excuse to sell
my Beats Pro to cover the cost too.

Dec 18, 2012 at 2:09 AM Post #8,403 of 9,815
Quote:
Amazon has the Ultrasone Pro 750 for $179.35

http://www.amazon.com/Ultrasone-PRO-Closed-Back-Professional-Headphones/dp/B003USCCFA/

Was looking at that too but got confused. They have another one for $225 which is also a good price but whats the difference between the two? Did they make different colors or is that the same thing?? I know they use to make a Proline 750 but this doesn't look to be the same thing, but why would they have both right next to each other like they were different models?? If someone can help me out asap that would be great. If its the same I'll be buying that can tonight!

Dec 18, 2012 at 2:33 AM Post #8,404 of 9,815
When I bought my 750 over a year ago they also had 2 separate listings and I got a newer black/silver version. If you somehow get the old version (really unlikely IMO) amazon will probably exchange it to the newer version if you let them know.
Quote:

Was looking at that too but got confused. They have another one for $225 which is also a good price but whats the difference between the two? Did they make different colors or is that the same thing?? I know they use to make a Proline 750 but this doesn't look to be the same thing, but why would they have both right next to each other like they were different models?? If someone can help me out asap that would be great. If its the same I'll be buying that can tonight!

Dec 18, 2012 at 9:42 AM Post #8,405 of 9,815
Just noticed this whilst browsing on amazon here in the UK

Sennheiser HD650s

RRP £399

currently at £279

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-HD-650-Reference-Headphone/dp/B00018MSNI/ref=sr_1_106?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1355841442&sr=1-106

some AKG 702s are also down a hundred pounds...

Dec 18, 2012 at 12:50 PM Post #8,407 of 9,815
Quote:

The link that I posted lists the item product number as "PRO 750 BLK/GRY" so it should be the newest model. I agree with the other poster as well that if you were to receive the blue version, amazon would surely exchange it for the correct black version.

Quote:

Down to $161.42 now...very tempting.

That is the lowest price I've ever seen for the 750! I already own an older Pro 2500, but this is very tempting!

Dec 18, 2012 at 1:00 PM Post #8,408 of 9,815
Quote:
Down to $161.42 now...very tempting.

Dammit why do you do this to me! I don't need those! So... hard... to... resist...

Is there a FR graph for these anywhere? Or can someone explain their sound signature? I've heard Ultrasones can be rather bright. If that's the case with these I'll probably pass.

The top comment on that Amz page says these black Pro 750's are the newest (newer than the blue/grey ones) is that true?

EDIT: Nevermind, the black are the newest as some of you have pointed out. Not sure how I missed that.

Dec 18, 2012 at 1:06 PM Post #8,409 of 9,815
Yes, the black version are the newest. The older pro models were blue.

Dec 18, 2012 at 1:48 PM Post #8,410 of 9,815
Quote:

Dammit why do you do this to me! I don't need those! So... hard... to... resist...

Is there a FR graph for these anywhere? Or can someone explain their sound signature? I've heard Ultrasones can be rather bright. If that's the case with these I'll probably pass.

The top comment on that Amz page says these black Pro 750's are the newest (newer than the blue/grey ones) is that true?

EDIT: Nevermind, the black are the newest as some of you have pointed out. Not sure how I missed that.

I only listened to them for about 10 minutes at a friends house through his O2. But i suppose the best way to describe it is very clean sounding, i didnt notice a lack of bass or midrange, and the highs were surprisingly sparkly. IMO for $160, buy them...buy them now! 
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 18, 2012 at 2:03 PM Post #8,411 of 9,815
Quote:
I only listened to them for about 10 minutes at a friends house through his O2. But i suppose the best way to describe it is very clean sounding, i didnt notice a lack of bass or midrange, and the highs were surprisingly sparkly. IMO for $160, buy them...buy them now! 
smily_headphones1.gif

I did. :) I'm super excited about them. $174 with 2-day shipping. Not bad. Not bad at all. Looks like I found myself a Xmas present after all. :D

Dec 18, 2012 at 2:49 PM Post #8,412 of 9,815

All Ultrsone's are pretty bright and metallic but once they break in the speakers seem to calm down but still keep what makes them special. At first you may not like them but give them time and you're gonna love em. I've owned the HIFI 580, 780, and Pro 900. I sold my 900's like an idiot so I may get these for half the price.

Also on a side note I found a deal on ebay for DT990/32 premiums brand new for only $225 from an authorized dealer. Not sure if they have anymore but I'm already in communication with the company so if anyone else wants a pair at that price let me know and I'll see if they'll continue to honor that price.

Ok, so I checked and they are willing to sell more of them (dt990/32 Premiums Retail $429 sale for $369) for $225!! That's an amazing deal for a can that rivals the Pro 900 in terms of bass but open and a thousand more comfortable.

Dec 18, 2012 at 3:23 PM Post #8,414 of 9,815
Quote:
Would these be an upgrade from the AT-M50? If yes, would be a large improvement? (These= pro 750)

"Large" is relevant to our individual perspectives and what we value in phones. But yes. The 750s are an overall upgrade over the M50s, as much as any $200+ headphones would be. 

Dec 18, 2012 at 4:04 PM Post #8,415 of 9,815

Users who are viewing this thread

Back