The Deals Thread (CLOSED! See the last post for the link to the new thread)
Dec 19, 2012 at 7:00 AM Post #8,432 of 9,815
Ultrasone Pro 750 is $161 w/free shipping at Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Ultrasone-PRO-Closed-Back-Professional-Headphones/dp/B003USCCFA?t=slicinc-20&tag=slicinc-20

Dec 19, 2012 at 1:09 PM Post #8,433 of 9,815
@dxanex:

That's been posted a few times and affiliate links aren't allowed. You need to remove everything after /dp/B003USCCFA

Looks like they've gone back up to $225.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003USCCFA/

Dec 19, 2012 at 6:37 PM Post #8,434 of 9,815
Quote:
@dxanex:

That's been posted a few times and affiliate links aren't allowed. You need to remove everything after /dp/B003USCCFA

Looks like they've gone back up to $225.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003USCCFA

comment deleted.

Dec 19, 2012 at 7:28 PM Post #8,435 of 9,815
Quote:

(A4) Phiaton MS400

I have a pair and I'm starting to enjoy them more and more. I bought them for on the go and while I can't describe the sound very well or necessarily would agree with ljokerl's review entirely in the Shootout: 107 Portable Headphones Reviewed, I think that the score is spot on that is given of an 8. I would rate it higher probably since I got mine for $105, but that was refurbished just as a note, and the price I got it for might have some sway on my thoughts. I don't think I would do 200 or the full price for these still, but I think at up to 175 would be good. At 150 dollars I think it'd be much more doable.

The headphones just tick off all the areas just right for me it seems. They are definitely comfortable, but not the end all of comfort. I have no problems going a few hours with them on, but my ears do get sweaty after about an hour typically. They're not too heavy or clamp my head too hard. I read ljokerl's thread many times comparing it and at the end I thought these would be better overall compared to say HD-25's or something else, and I also had recommendations from others. Search for (A4) Phiaton MS400 in the thread. I think that sums up the headphones better than I can. I can't explain everything that I like, just that I like a majority of what I hear from these phones. The only real misgivings I can have about the headphones is I wish they had more padding but I've had no problems with wearing them for a few hours comfortably, but my ears will get a bit sweaty at times, and the bass can be a bit too much at times I feel, but that's because that is what's in the song. I think overall I could have done much worse than these headphones, and they have a lot to offer and could be a good choice to start with! I know I saw a pair in the For Sale Headphone forum for 110 so that's an option.

I hope that I helped some and you can always PM me and I'll try to help you out more with impressions!

Thank you for your response. Although I'm personally looking to the MS 300 more for it's lower price and single-sided cable, the MS 400 seems to fit all of my current needs. From what I read, the MS 400 should go well with what I listen to, which is mostly rock, J-Pop, and electronic, and that the build quality is better than they appear to be. My ears are rather small, so they'll likely be comfortably circumaural for me (hopefully the on-ear MS 300s are comfortable enough for a few hours as well). And most importantly, they're forgiving of lossy low-bitrate tracks, which is great considering I have to compress most of my music to 192 kbps AAC to squeeze everything into my 8 GB iPod Touch (I will likely upgrade to a smartphone with more space on my next phone contract in a year). Hopefully, the MS 300 can also fulfill these given aspects.

But even as I write this, the prices of both headphones continue to drop. I will wait and see if they ever stop before I pull the trigger on either of them. 

Dec 19, 2012 at 11:15 PM Post #8,438 of 9,815
SKullcandy is doing 50% off sale again (yeah I know this has been up before but they are doing it again so chill) free shipping with SKDYUPS50 code. Aviators are the only can worth a s**t for 75 bones they are not bad...

Dec 20, 2012 at 12:06 AM Post #8,439 of 9,815
SKullcandy is doing 50% off sale again (yeah I know this has been up before but they are doing it again so chill) free shipping with SKDYUPS50 code. Aviators are the only can worth a s**t for 75 bones they are not bad...

Agreed, good portable can with decent sound and great looks. Wouldn't buy them for more than $80-$100 though so this sale is perfect. I chickened out last time but I'm still in search or a good portable can under $200. I tried the CAL's and wasn't impressed even for $60 Just couldn't love em for what I'm gonna use them for. Not enough bass for me, and this doesn't mean they're bad headphones but I'm not the neutral kinda guy, I need feeling and emotion with my cans. I would still recommend them to people looking for a good portable can but they just aren't for me... Happy I got to try them out though. So search continues, anyone know of a good portable can that will used for a lot of electronic music and movies and some gaming but mainly the first two. Doesn't have to be expensive but has to have a strong bottom end and a personality. Grado's and Senn are not normally my bag but I'm willing to look at anything at this point.

Dec 20, 2012 at 1:28 AM Post #8,440 of 9,815
^ jvc s500 are your cans

Dec 20, 2012 at 2:00 AM Post #8,441 of 9,815
Dec 20, 2012 at 2:23 AM Post #8,442 of 9,815
Quote:
Only heard about them in passing, what is it about them that you like?

Well, I'm not Wayne, but I own these too, and they sound like exactly what you're looking for. They have the bass. Loud, boomy, in your face bass, but not so much that it's super-overkill (like the XB500s). They also have solid mids and highs (not as loud as the bass, kind of a V-shaped signature), and are very portable. They are on-ear, so they're not super comfy...but yep. They seem like they are exactly what you're looking for.

Dec 20, 2012 at 2:50 AM Post #8,443 of 9,815
Quote:
Agreed, good portable can with decent sound and great looks. Wouldn't buy them for more than $80-$100 though so this sale is perfect. I chickened out last time but I'm still in search or a good portable can under $200. I tried the CAL's and wasn't impressed even for $60 Just couldn't love em for what I'm gonna use them for. Not enough bass for me, and this doesn't mean they're bad headphones but I'm not the neutral kinda guy, I need feeling and emotion with my cans. I would still recommend them to people looking for a good portable can but they just aren't for me... Happy I got to try them out though. So search continues, anyone know of a good portable can that will used for a lot of electronic music and movies and some gaming but mainly the first two. Doesn't have to be expensive but has to have a strong bottom end and a personality. Grado's and Senn are not normally my bag but I'm willing to look at anything at this point.

The Aviators are neutral try the M80? 

Dec 20, 2012 at 2:57 AM Post #8,444 of 9,815
Well, I'm not Wayne, but I own these too, and they sound like exactly what you're looking for. They have the bass. Loud, boomy, in your face bass, but not so much that it's super-overkill (like the XB500s). They also have solid mids and highs (not as loud as the bass, kind of a V-shaped signature), and are very portable. They are on-ear, so they're not super comfy...but yep. They seem like they are exactly what you're looking for.

O_o really!?! Ok, little excited now. How did you get them I've seen eBay and Amazon have them. I live in the states so I'm guessing it'll take some time for me to get em but oh well I'm not gonna let that stop me from getting them. I found a place on Amazon with "express" shipping so total is $81 does that sound like a good deal or can I get faster shipping cheaper? I didn't think it was that bad for total price. Then again I just started looking

Dec 20, 2012 at 3:03 AM Post #8,445 of 9,815
Quote:
O_o really!?! Ok, little excited now. How did you get them I've seen eBay and Amazon have them. I live in the states so I'm guessing it'll take some time for me to get em but oh well I'm not gonna let that stop me from getting them. I found a place on Amazon with "express" shipping so total is $81 does that sound like a good deal or can I get faster shipping cheaper? I didn't think it was that bad for total price. Then again I just started looking

JVC-HAS500s for $66 shipped. There, we're on topic now. 

Edit: Mine took about 3 weeks to get from Japan to Michigan, USA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back