The Deals Thread (CLOSED! See the last post for the link to the new thread)
Aug 13, 2012 at 12:20 AM Post #5,042 of 9,815
Quote:
Excellent multiple headphones holder:

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/Product.asp?SKU=13696578

Ha, thats what my old stand was before I bought 2 of these rockerfishes. I loved the fact that it was all metal and had a solid feel and nice look. I hate the fact that the arms are too close together so that the bottom is too close to the table - but if you use the top, then the cans will rub against the bottom. It isn't smooth edge, so I just put ducktape to soften it...too paranoid to scratch the soft boobies that rest on my ears on my D2000 =P

The new rocketfish are more simple, looks nice if you just have 1 main phone you use.

Aug 13, 2012 at 12:45 AM Post #5,043 of 9,815
Quote:
Ha, thats what my old stand was before I bought 2 of these rockerfishes. I loved the fact that it was all metal and had a solid feel and nice look. I hate the fact that the arms are too close together so that the bottom is too close to the table - but if you use the top, then the cans will rub against the bottom. It isn't smooth edge, so I just put ducktape to soften it...too paranoid to scratch the soft boobies that rest on my ears on my D2000 =P

The new rocketfish are more simple, looks nice if you just have 1 main phone you use.

The B & B stand has served me well--and it holds many more than a single headphone.

Aug 13, 2012 at 1:15 AM Post #5,044 of 9,815
If you guys want something that holds multiple headphones then look for necklaces stand.

I bought this for about $10 at Michaels. 

Aug 13, 2012 at 1:34 AM Post #5,045 of 9,815
With the M50's close to $100 on Amazon, do you guys think it's still a good/best buy? I know, lately, people have come out saying that for the new price ($150), it's no longer the bang for your buck king it once was. Is it still a good studio monitor to have around in one's collection or should we move on? I am tempted to pick up a pair because it's been on my list for a while (since it appears on pretty much any top 10 you find).

Aug 13, 2012 at 2:04 AM Post #5,047 of 9,815
Quote:
With the M50's close to $100 on Amazon, do you guys think it's still a good/best buy? I know, lately, people have come out saying that for the new price ($150), it's no longer the bang for your buck king it once was. Is it still a good studio monitor to have around in one's collection or should we move on? I am tempted to pick up a pair because it's been on my list for a while (since it appears on pretty much any top 10 you find).

For some people and preferences, but with the KRK KNS8400 at about the same price at Amazon ($110 shipped), the M50 doesn't look as good.

Aug 13, 2012 at 2:07 AM Post #5,049 of 9,815
Quote:

Yes, they are worth it at the price. 150 was always the average selling price on Amazon for these ? Its headphone month on Amazon hence the cheap pricing.

Aug 13, 2012 at 2:24 AM Post #5,050 of 9,815
Quote:

For the price, it is very good. But when you get to better headphones you'll find out what you missed.

Aug 13, 2012 at 2:31 AM Post #5,051 of 9,815
For canadians, the DT990 Pro is available for $165 at Long&McQuade.

http://www.long-mcquade.com/products/1584/

Aug 13, 2012 at 3:25 AM Post #5,053 of 9,815
Quote:
Beyer T1 has been dropping in price on Amazon since yesterday. Started at retail ($1400), currently at $1208. Not sure how good of a deal it is, but it is for a brand new pair sold by Amazon.

You can get a brand new pair of T1s and one of his amps for less than the Amazon price if you buy the package deal at Meier audio. It comes out to like $1150 plus shipping for the T1s and Jan's new Rock amp. 

Aug 13, 2012 at 3:39 AM Post #5,055 of 9,815
Quote:
Woot has the Jlabs J3 Jbuds for $10.99 plus $5 shipping.
http://tech.woot.com/offers/jlab-j3-earbuds

Brigs back memories of when I used to use my Jbuds. I thought they were so great. Then I got the CKM50 and threw the Jbuds away 
tongue.gif
 (they were slightly broken anyway)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back