The Deals Thread (CLOSED! See the last post for the link to the new thread)
Aug 12, 2012 at 10:59 AM Post #5,013 of 9,815
Aug 12, 2012 at 1:38 PM Post #5,017 of 9,815
Quote:
Very nice find, I bought 2. Does anyone know if these are metal or do they just have a metallic-looking finish?

Metal-looking finish. The stand is made of what feels like a reasonably durable plastic. The bottom is weighted. They also have a clip holder in the back for holding your cord, but if you have anything >a few feet it won't do you much good. All-in-all a fine value for ~$5.

Aug 12, 2012 at 2:54 PM Post #5,018 of 9,815
Aug 12, 2012 at 3:15 PM Post #5,020 of 9,815
Most people won't care, but Headroom has the Total Airhead on sale for $75, from $99.

I wouldn't normally mention this sale, but it's one of my favorite amps ever. It can even drive my HD-580 and Q701 well enough.
Sounds amazing with the KRK KNS-8400 and DJ100. Much better than the E11 IMO.

I think i've owned mine since 2004!

http://www.headphone.com/headphone-amps/headroom-total-airhead.php

Oh yeah, the DJ100 is on sale at Best Buy today for $59.99. Not sure if anyone else posted this yet. Can check stock in your local store online. Even a demo is available.
On Amazon it's back up to $79.00 (which is still a good deal).

Aug 12, 2012 at 3:29 PM Post #5,021 of 9,815
Quote:
Most people won't care, but Headroom has the Total Airhead on sale for $75, from $99.

I wouldn't normally mention this sale, but it's one of my favorite amps ever. It can even drive my HD-580 and Q701 well enough.
Sounds amazing with the KRK KNS-8400 and DJ100. Much better than the E11 IMO.

I think i've owned mine since 2004!

http://www.headphone.com/headphone-amps/headroom-total-airhead.php

Oh yeah, the DJ100 is on sale at Best Buy today for $59.99. Not sure if anyone else posted this yet. Can check stock in your local store online. Even a demo is available.
On Amazon it's back up to $79.00 (which is still a good deal).

I was thinkin about pullin the trigger on the dj100 for kpop, but unfortunately my BestBuy doesnt have a demo. (I have a big head so I need to test clamp force, etc. I can't wear some of my headphones for more than 1-2 hrs at a time ugh. The only one comfortable enough for me to wear for hours are my d2000, but it would look too funny to walk around with the d2000 =P )

Aug 12, 2012 at 3:35 PM Post #5,022 of 9,815
Not quite a headphone, but Amazon just dropped the price of the open-box HK 3490 down to $155 Shipped(from $178). There are currently 16 available..
I have read very good things about the headphone out sound. It also comes with amp bypass terminals, which is a major plus to me.

PS: I have contacted HK about warranty support and here's what the rep had to say:
Quote:
[size=10pt]Both Amazon and J&R are authorized dealers. If the product is sold by a third party seller through the Amazon website, the manufacturer’s warranty does not apply. If the product is sold directly by Amazon, and is sold as an “open box” as opposed to “as-is” then the warranty does apply. “As-is”indicates the product may or may not be damaged or non working and cannot be covered. Open box can be a return or demo item and is covered.[/size]

Considering that these receivers are indeed customer returns and tested functioning, they "should" qualify for the two year warranty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back