The Deals Thread (CLOSED! See the last post for the link to the new thread)
May 31, 2012 at 4:19 PM Post #3,542 of 9,815
Quote:
So I bought the M4 with that excellent sale (which is still going on). But my question ... which one of you did this? 

Ha!  Wait, are you saing you did NOT buy a horse head with your purchase? 
wink.gif

May 31, 2012 at 4:47 PM Post #3,543 of 9,815
Quote:
So I bought the M4 with that excellent sale (which is still going on). But my question ... which one of you did this? 

dat file name

May 31, 2012 at 9:37 PM Post #3,545 of 9,815
Quote:

Wondering which of those IEMs are best in terms of quality.  Looking to get one but not sure which to pick.

The A151 is gonna be the best technically (I have them all). They warm, slightly pillowy sound. I really like them actually. I still use them sometimes, even with a few higher end IEM's. The CW31 is nice too, if you can't stretch the $16 more. They're not half bad! I have a review of them somewhere saying that you could basically listen to these all day and not have any fatigue. They're kind of sound like snuggling up to an electric fireplace. Warm, but there's something missing, which is midrange. 

Oh, if anyone wants a K518...http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0028N78DY/ref=sr_1_2_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1338514417&sr=8-2&condition=used

I was gonna buy one of them myself, but I found a K181 that Amazon listed in PA systems for some reason so it's likely that nobody ever saw them. Snagged them for less than $50. 
biggrin.gif

May 31, 2012 at 11:01 PM Post #3,548 of 9,815
Monster is doing 25% off on the entire online store.

friendsandfamily25offx2012

Another 50% and they'll have things priced right! :wink:

Jun 1, 2012 at 2:52 AM Post #3,550 of 9,815
Quote:

Horse head for headphone stand DUHHHHH! jk that thing looks freaky
frown.gif

Jun 1, 2012 at 9:41 AM Post #3,552 of 9,815
Amazon's Warehouse Deals has like new House of Marley's Exoduses for $49.42. Most reviews seem positive. Amazon is currently selling them new for $149.99 (at MSRP), but there is a third party listing for $101.44 ($95.95 + $5.49 shipping). An open box, store display set is being sold for $89.99 on Ebay ($79.99 + $10.00 shipping). I'm not certain if Amazon will be shipping the canvas carrying case with them, but I do hope so.

I have read about two problems with the Exodus: the strap is not exactly comfortable and some people have had the wood band break on them. To partially remedy the comfort problem, House of Marley has apparently fixed the headband and made the position of the earpieces adjustable as of January 2012. Whether the items received from this sale will be a fixed model or not is another mystery. Personally, I'm doubting that most will be.

There are probably quite a few sets available. I bought one set and another replaced it within 30 seconds. I assume Amazon has some sort of automated process to keep up whatever appearance they desire.

InnerFidelity review: http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/house-marley-exodus

Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/The-House-Marley-EM-FH003-HA-Exodus/dp/B005FO2CBG

Edit: Now available new through a third party, featured seller on Amazon for $98.88 w/ free shipping.

Jun 1, 2012 at 11:56 AM Post #3,554 of 9,815
Amazon's Warehouse Deals has like new House of Marley's Exoduses for $49.42. Most reviews seem positive. Amazon is currently selling them new for $149.99 (at MSRP), but there is a third party listing for $101.44 ($95.95 + $5.49 shipping). An open box, store display set is being sold for $89.99 on Ebay ($79.99 + $10.00 shipping). I'm not certain if Amazon will be shipping the canvas carrying case with them, but I do hope so.

I have read about two problems with the Exodus: the strap is not exactly comfortable and some people have had the wood band break on them. To partially remedy the comfort problem, House of Marley has apparently fixed the headband and made the position of the earpieces adjustable as of January 2012. Whether the items received from this sale will be a fixed model or not is another mystery. Personally, I'm doubting that most will be.

There are probably quite a few sets available. I bought one set and another replaced it within 30 seconds. I assume Amazon has some sort of automated process to keep up whatever appearance they desire.

InnerFidelity review: http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/house-marley-exodus

Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/The-House-Marley-EM-FH003-HA-Exodus/dp/B005FO2CBG
ir

I grabbed a set, for that price it seems like a good travel set to go with my V-80s.

Jun 1, 2012 at 12:04 PM Post #3,555 of 9,815
Quote:
I grabbed a set, for that price it seems like a good travel set to go with my V-80s.

Sound is actually a bit similar to the V80s... but more uncomfortable... (maybe because I have a long face?!? hehehe). I sold mine and really, although good, $150 for them is way too much! So great deal!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back