The Deals Thread (CLOSED! See the last post for the link to the new thread)
Oct 19, 2011 at 9:33 AM Post #875 of 9,815
Be careful with Electronics Expo. I've had no problems with them before my recent purchase (bought a camera and a lens through them on separate occasions). I'm sure the product will arrive fine, but if your billing differs from your shipping address you will have to jump through some hoops.

I lost 4 days of shipping time while they messed around 'making sure the card was actually mine'. I do this all the time with other sites (including their storefront through Amazon) with no problems. They literally had to call me and conference call with my bank to check this...while I was at work. 

Oct 19, 2011 at 10:43 AM Post #876 of 9,815
My company does this on orders over a certain dollar amount.  You have no idea how many times people are using a stolen card.  And when the real person files their 'card stolen' claim with the credit card company, neither the cardholder or the credit card company is liable.  It is the merchant's loss and it really bites, especially when profit margins on real orders become slimmer and sllimmer as consumers become more thrifty and competition heats up.  We always try to get it done same day though.  

Electronics Expo and J&R are two companies that its easy to contact and haggle for better prices with.  I think the Denon D7000 can be had for $590 from JR from last I heard if you call in...

Oct 19, 2011 at 12:08 PM Post #877 of 9,815
I can understand in some situations but my order was under 50 USD. Seems excessive.

Quote:
My company does this on orders over a certain dollar amount.  You have no idea how many times people are using a stolen card.  And when the real person files their 'card stolen' claim with the credit card company, neither the cardholder or the credit card company is liable.  It is the merchant's loss and it really bites, especially when profit margins on real orders become slimmer and sllimmer as consumers become more thrifty and competition heats up.  We always try to get it done same day though.  

Electronics Expo and J&R are two companies that its easy to contact and haggle for better prices with.  I think the Denon D7000 can be had for $590 from JR from last I heard if you call in...

Oct 19, 2011 at 12:23 PM Post #878 of 9,815

Quote:
I can understand in some situations but my order was under 50 USD. Seems excessive. 

In this day and age with the prevalence of identity theft, it's better to be safe than sorry-even for 50 dollars.

Oct 19, 2011 at 7:17 PM Post #880 of 9,815

Quote:
From what I've read the 598 sounds better. And I love the color scheme
smily_headphones1.gif

I don't disagree.  I was just saying that if someone thinks 595 is comparable to 598, then by extension, a modded 555 should be similar to 598.  But it seems most who've tried both 598 and 595 would say 598 is better.

Oct 20, 2011 at 4:30 PM Post #882 of 9,815
40% off anything from skullcandy.com with this coupon code: REG-2z874h6

basically means you can get the aviators for $90 with free shipping (and a free beanie with FREEBEANIE as a coupon code)

their site is dying right now though

Oct 20, 2011 at 6:55 PM Post #883 of 9,815
Do they have the MMMs for sale yet? Those seemed to drop off the map but Jude said he liked them in the price bracket...

Quote:
40% off anything from skullcandy.com with this coupon code: REG-2z874h6

basically means you can get the aviators for $90 with free shipping (and a free beanie with FREEBEANIE as a coupon code)

their site is dying right now though

Oct 20, 2011 at 7:01 PM Post #884 of 9,815

Quote:
I don't disagree.  I was just saying that if someone thinks 595 is comparable to 598, then by extension, a modded 555 should be similar to 598.  But it seems most who've tried both 598 and 595 would say 598 is better.

Anyone have modded a 595's to 598? im curious. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back