The Deals Thread (CLOSED! See the last post for the link to the new thread)
Dec 13, 2012 at 7:02 PM Post #8,281 of 9,815
Honestly, I hope they suck. I'm going to feel like a real idiot if they're great, because I JUST got an O2/ODAC combo. 
biggrin.gif

Dec 13, 2012 at 7:25 PM Post #8,283 of 9,815
Quote:
Honestly, I hope they suck. I'm going to feel like a real idiot if they're great, because I JUST got an O2/ODAC combo. 
biggrin.gif

LOL, well the O2/ODAC combo is a lot smaller, and less to lug around.  I've been seriously thinking about it, except that I just picked up an HRT Headstreamer for $65 shipped.

Dec 13, 2012 at 7:51 PM Post #8,284 of 9,815
Quote:
LOL, well the O2/ODAC combo is a lot smaller, and less to lug around.  I've been seriously thinking about it, except that I just picked up an HRT Headstreamer for $65 shipped.

Wow that's an awesome price! Where'd you get it?

Dec 13, 2012 at 8:34 PM Post #8,285 of 9,815
Quote:
For those of you with iPhone 4/4s found this yesterday and I wish I still had a 4 because I would be all over this for $65 curiosity alone its worth it to me.  

Here's the link to Amazon and at the bottom I've included the link to the manufactures website. 

Has anyone seen this before?? 

[size=1.7em]  [/size]

[size=1.7em] i.Fuzen HP-1 Apple iPhone 4-4S Rechargeable Battery Case[/size]

[size=small]Double Your iPhones Battery Life. The HP-1 has a powerful 1650mAh on-board backup battery which can nearly double the battery life of the iPhone 4/4S, allowing you to unleash the full potential of the Retina display Bluetooth and other features often sacrificed to preserve the battery. The unique Smart Battery Protection circuit continuously monitors and optimizes the power performance of your iPhone and an independent LED indicator keeps you informed of the remaining life of the secondary battery. Headphone Amplifier Splitter. The i.Fuzen HP-1 allows you to share your music with a friend by splitting the single headphone jack into two. The proprietary J-FET OP-AMP amplifier is powerful enough to drive two pairs of standard headphones or one pair of professional monitoring headphones while maintaining vacuum tube quality sound making the HP-1 the ideal choice for audiophiles and music lovers alike. The dual mini-jacks are conveniently located on the bottom of the case for easy access. Unrestricted iTunes Sync. With full USB pass through capability this case will allow you to sync flawlessly with iTunes without the need to remove the iPhone. The mini USB input also increases your options if you are in need of an emergency charge but do not have access to a dock connector cable. Innovative Design. The i.Fuzen HP-1 takes advantage of the features and style of the iPhone 4/4S. The relatively sleek case accentuates the iPhones distinctive lines while minimizing the increase in overall size. The HP-1 is available in white and black allowing you to easily match the case to your iPhone. Cell Phone Case Features:. Proprietary Auzentech Headphone Amplifier. Dual Headphone Output port to share your listening with your friends. ZX-Driver provides Ultra-Low Distortion and Max 180mW output power. J-FET OP-AMP to provide Vacuum Tube like sound output. Proprietary Auzentech Balanced Power Supply. Sound Mode Selector button Status Indicator. Touch panel volume control. Unique com[/size]

[size=x-small]----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/size]

http://ifuzen.auzentech.com/product.php

I actually use the i.fuzen hp-1 #, and i would say that it's a great deal. i got mine for $80 (cuz it's v.2), and it used to be around $150. plus, the seller sonic electronix is an authorized dealer, so you get the warranty! it's really convenient, the battery life is surprisingly good, and it's likely plentifully powerful for your headphones. whatever others may say about this amp, it definitely is a huge improvement from straight off the iphone.

average_joe wrote a review for it as part of his portable amp thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/585786/multi-portable-amp-thread-12-amps-reviewed-shonyun-306-added-10-03-12

Dec 13, 2012 at 9:00 PM Post #8,286 of 9,815
Quote:
Quote:

Wow that's an awesome price! Where'd you get it?

I got it used off a good friend of mine.  He wasn't thrilled about it, and has a whole bunch of DACs, so I got it for a song.  More or less new too, as he got it for a review and it's only got a few hours on it. 
smile.gif

LOL, wasn't being greedy or anything.  If it was a public deal, would have posted it for sure. 
biggrin.gif

Dec 13, 2012 at 10:40 PM Post #8,287 of 9,815
Maybe some of you thread followers haven't heard but Schiit just released a $99 amp Magni and a $99 dac Modi. Not any real reviews out yet. It's not an official deal...and yet, if they are as good as they look, they will be a great deal  none the less. Seems like the kind of thing people coming to this thread might want to know about! 
http://schiit.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=0&products_id=13
http://schiit.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=0&products_id=14

Yeah I think you're right. And I love that you used the phrase "Schitt quality." hehe :)

HA!!! Love it!!

Well I'm in, was gonna save up for an Asgard but I think this will do very nice!! It'll be my first desktop amp and ill use them with my D5000's and MMX 300 from Beyer.

Also does anyone here own or have listened to the Creative Aurvana Live? Still on sell at Amazon for $59 and I've heard tins of great things about them and how they are basically mini D2000's is this true??

Dec 13, 2012 at 10:59 PM Post #8,288 of 9,815
I actually use the i.fuzen hp-1 #, and i would say that it's a great deal. i got mine for $80 (cuz it's v.2), and it used to be around $150. plus, the seller sonic electronix is an authorized dealer, so you get the warranty! it's really convenient, the battery life is surprisingly good, and it's likely plentifully powerful for your headphones. whatever others may say about this amp, it definitely is a huge improvement from straight off the iphone.

average_joe wrote a review for it as part of his portable amp thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/585786/multi-portable-amp-thread-12-amps-reviewed-shonyun-306-added-10-03-12

Excellent, good to know!! It's a great design and concept and I hope they do this for the iPhone 5. Thanks for the info and link.

Dec 14, 2012 at 1:29 AM Post #8,289 of 9,815
I got it at $410 with $50 amazon gift card included, and 10% off 100+ on the price of the headphones ($360, calculated that way with gift card) - 10% (36 bucks) = $324

Did pretty well huh?

I really really want to off load my udac2-hp and hd595's and get O2+ODAC for about break even and be done with it!

i have a ra1 clone 4556 amp altoid tin on the way. Maybe I'll keep it, maybe I'll have to put it up on here.

Dec 14, 2012 at 2:17 AM Post #8,291 of 9,815
Quote:
HA!!! Love it!!
Well I'm in, was gonna save up for an Asgard but I think this will do very nice!! It'll be my first desktop amp and ill use them with my D5000's and MMX 300 from Beyer.
Also does anyone here own or have listened to the Creative Aurvana Live? Still on sell at Amazon for $59 and I've heard tins of great things about them and how they are basically mini D2000's is this true??

The CAL! uses the same drivers as the Denon 1001's from what Ive been told. Definitely not the D2000s, I know this from experience because I have both (don't have the 1001's so I can't confirm that, but its just what Ive read)

Dec 14, 2012 at 2:56 AM Post #8,292 of 9,815
[size=medium]Denon AH-D5000 for $450.00 used (VG) on Amazon, that's pretty good, right?[/size]

Not bad at depending on the condition! They also have the d7000 for $899 new which is the cheapest you will find them. Great cans but pretty expensive.

Dec 14, 2012 at 2:57 AM Post #8,294 of 9,815
 The CAL! uses the same drivers as the Denon 1001's from what Ive been told. Definitely not the D2000s, I know this from experience because I have both (don't have the 1001's so I can't confirm that, but its just what Ive read)

Would you say they're worth the $60 new?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back