The Deals Thread (CLOSED! See the last post for the link to the new thread)
Apr 19, 2012 at 2:18 PM Post #2,958 of 9,815

Quote:
OneCall Denon AH-D5000 - Open Box Over-ear Headphones for $408.92 shipped.  Don't know whether or not deal can be sweetened with a coupon code.  Link:

http://www.onecall.com/product/Denon/AH-D5000-Open-Box/Audio-Accessory/_/R-111340

The Denon AH-D5000 are $388.10 with standard shipping - New, not open-box with EXPODEALS discount code at Electronics Expo

Apr 19, 2012 at 3:24 PM Post #2,961 of 9,815

Quote:
The D5000 and D7000 are both being discontinued.  I would assume there will be a replacement.

That's good news actually, because I think we'll start seeing some major discounts on them.

Apr 19, 2012 at 3:26 PM Post #2,962 of 9,815

Quote:
Interesting, I just checked and ee no longer carries the Denon 7k's, is there a newer model coming to replace it?

How did you determine that?  The EE site lists only what they currently have in stock.  Links to other products are obscured/hidden/not listed.

Apr 19, 2012 at 3:56 PM Post #2,963 of 9,815

Quote:
The D5000 and D7000 are both being discontinued.  I would assume there will be a replacement.

Quote:

That's good news actually, because I think we'll start seeing some major discounts on them.

I think this rumor has been floating around for almost 2 years now.  I can't find an actual press release from Denon and they still list both on their own website

Apr 19, 2012 at 5:02 PM Post #2,965 of 9,815
Quote:
I think this rumor has been floating around for almost 2 years now.  I can't find an actual press release from Denon and they still list both on their own website

I was told this by an authorized dealer a week ago.  They are still in circulation but out of production.  It would be bad form for the manufacturer to acknowledge it before they are all bought from dealers.  

Apr 19, 2012 at 5:10 PM Post #2,966 of 9,815

Quote:

Even when they were out of stock they still had them listed on their site.

If I select: home theater-->headphones-->brand-->Denon, I only get what they currently stock (which changes in number and models offered from time to time).  No doubt there are other ways to search the site and YMMV.

Apr 20, 2012 at 12:57 PM Post #2,967 of 9,815

Quote:
I was told this by an authorized dealer a week ago.  They are still in circulation but out of production.  It would be bad form for the manufacturer to acknowledge it before they are all bought from dealers.  

This makes no sense to me at least. If Denon was killing them off, they would have released new products already unless they plan on exiting the luxury headphone business altogether. It's like AMD stopped making 6xxx video cards right around time of release for the 7xxx cards, not Years before when nobody knows about the upcoming new products.

Cheers,

Apr 20, 2012 at 1:07 PM Post #2,968 of 9,815
I don't know if AMD uses OEM manufacturers, but Denon does. That means they buy in large batches, in my experience usually spaced out a couple times a year.  They can do two things now that the new headphone is being released: Discontinue the old product, or just have the old line and the new line selling simultaneously.  There are reasons to decide either way - one reason to outright discontinue the old products to make way for the new is that the old ones already have a cachet and were recommended to the buyer. If the old line is still around, it can take longer for the new line to get off the ground.  But if it's discontinued then 'you know, those have been discontinued but Denon released a new line that's even better' says the dealer and the new line flies off the shelves. 

Apr 20, 2012 at 1:29 PM Post #2,969 of 9,815

Quote:

This makes no sense to me at least. If Denon was killing them off, they would have released new products already unless they plan on exiting the luxury headphone business altogether. It's like AMD stopped making 6xxx video cards right around time of release for the 7xxx cards, not Years before when nobody knows about the upcoming new products.

Cheers,

I thought denon was coming out with the d7100 =O

Apr 20, 2012 at 1:59 PM Post #2,970 of 9,815

Quote:
I thought denon was coming out with the d7100 =O

Speculation it seems, but then again, I don't read Japanese and neither does Google Translator.

Quote:
I don't know if AMD uses OEM manufacturers, but Denon does. That means they buy in large batches, in my experience usually spaced out a couple times a year.  They can do two things now that the new headphone is being released: Discontinue the old product, or just have the old line and the new line selling simultaneously.  There are reasons to decide either way - one reason to outright discontinue the old products to make way for the new is that the old ones already have a cachet and were recommended to the buyer. If the old line is still around, it can take longer for the new line to get off the ground.  But if it's discontinued then 'you know, those have been discontinued but Denon released a new line that's even better' says the dealer and the new line flies off the shelves. 

AMD has OEMs (Asus et al.) What you're saying would make sense, but Denon hasn't announced (officially) any such new product, and thus there is no motivation to discontinue the current lines until announcement of a New line. Until that time everything IMO is speculation at best.

Cheers,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back