The Deals Thread (CLOSED! See the last post for the link to the new thread)
Apr 10, 2012 at 10:09 AM Post #2,866 of 9,815

Quote:
I got the D5000 through the open box deal and it was brand new sealed and wrapped. It shipped out the day after I placed my order (around midnight so about 1.5 days), but it still said processing on my order. I emailed them and received a reply within the hour with my tracking information. I received the shipment email about 2 days later and my order was marked shipped even though it was shipped 3 days prior. My experience was good overall but at the moment I am leaning towards returning the headphones. Hopefully I won't have any issues with that.

I returned my D5000s because there was a defect, and I can tell you about the RMA process so far (Haven't gotten word back that it was processed and accepted). I emailed them and within two hours received a response that asked me for some basic information about why I was returning, what I was looking for (Refund/Exchange), etc. After responding I was told that I needed to fill out a form which asked the same questions, as well as a few others (Model #, Serial #, [Why they weren't able to look that up beats me] etc.), in reply. After completing this step I received another email which told me my RMA request was approved, and that since I was requesting an exchange, a shipping label would be sent to me via email (UPS). [Note: You won't get a shipping label for a return, only for an exchange]. I then got another email from a different representative of EE telling me to AGAIN fill out the same form and ship it with the product (Seriously?). After following instructions for shipping I dropped it off at UPS. Waiting to hear from them now on if they'll except the exchange.

Really thus far it hasn't been a bad experience by any means, and they were certainly responsive. However expect to do some paperwork, and if you want to return you'll have to pay for shipping.

I'll update this post when I get an update from EE.

Cheers,

EDIT: for anonyminity 

Apr 10, 2012 at 4:14 PM Post #2,869 of 9,815
Earphone solutions has a 20% coupon: bunny20.  (Looks like it expires 4/15)

I am thinking about purchasing the SRH940's with this. (Comes out to $240)
Can the SRH940 be found for less than this at any authorized dealer?

Apr 10, 2012 at 4:21 PM Post #2,870 of 9,815

Quote:
Earphone solutions has a 20% coupon: bunny20.  (Looks like it expires 4/15)

I am thinking about purchasing the SRH940's with this. (Comes out to $240)
Can the SRH940 be found for less than this at any authorized dealer?

Too bad this excludes:

Grado, Sennheiser, Klipsch and Beats(LOL!)

EDIT: (However a Tesla T1 after discount is $1050, which isn't bad)

Cheers,

Apr 10, 2012 at 4:52 PM Post #2,871 of 9,815

Quote:
I returned my D5000s because there was a defect, and I can tell you about the RMA process so far (Haven't gotten word back that it was processed and accepted). I emailed them and within two hours received a response that asked me for some basic information about why I was returning, what I was looking for (Refund/Exchange), etc. After responding I was told that I needed to fill out a form which asked the same questions, as well as a few others (Model #, Serial #, [Why they weren't able to look that up beats me] etc.), in reply. After completing this step I received another email which told me my RMA request was approved, and that since I was requesting an exchange, a shipping label would be sent to me via email (UPS). [Note: You won't get a shipping label for a return, only for an exchange]. I then got another email from a different representative of EE telling me to AGAIN fill out the same form and ship it with the product (Seriously?). After following instructions for shipping I dropped it off at UPS. Waiting to hear from them now on if they'll except the exchange.

Really thus far it hasn't been a bad experience by any means, and they were certainly responsive. However expect to do some paperwork, and if you want to return you'll have to pay for shipping.

I'll update this post when I get an update from EE.

Cheers,

EDIT: for anonyminity 

...That does not sound like fun. I rather just sell it on ebay or amazon or the fs forum since I have to eat the shipping fee both ways.

Apr 10, 2012 at 4:57 PM Post #2,872 of 9,815

Quote:
...That does not sound like fun. I rather just sell it on ebay or amazon or the fs forum since I have to eat the shipping fee both ways.

You will always lose money selling a used item (lower value + seller's fees for ebay/Paypal).
Besides it would be very uncool to sell a defective item
cool.gif

Apr 10, 2012 at 5:07 PM Post #2,873 of 9,815

Quote:
You will always lose money selling a used item (lower value + seller's fees for ebay/Paypal).
cool.gif

When did I ever say that it was defective? 
confused.gif
 It's basically brand new, just wasn't quite the sound I wanted. Pretty sure I can get close to 350 after all is said and done. That's what I would get back after adding in the shipping fees and what not.

Apr 10, 2012 at 5:13 PM Post #2,874 of 9,815

Quote:
cool.gif

Quote:
When did I ever say that it was defective? 
confused.gif
 It's basically brand new, just wasn't quite the sound I wanted. Pretty sure I can get close to 350 after all is said and done. That's what I would get back after adding in the shipping fees and what not.

The first quote was referring to my earlier post. The assumption was that your pair was also defective. Miscommunications abound!

Cheers,

Apr 10, 2012 at 5:18 PM Post #2,875 of 9,815
Quote:
The first quote was referring to my earlier post. The assumption was that your pair was also defective. Miscommunications abound!

Cheers,

Thanks for clarifying, PNC
wink.gif

Apr 10, 2012 at 8:22 PM Post #2,876 of 9,815
Moon Audio currently has a promotion of 10% off headphones over $399.  This excludes Audeze and Grado.  However, they do have HifiMAN, AKG, Sennheiser, Denon, BeyerDynamic and others, too.  The coupon code is at the top of their Web site.

Apr 10, 2012 at 10:33 PM Post #2,877 of 9,815
Moon Audio currently has a promotion of 10% off headphones over $399.  This excludes Audeze and Grado.  However, they do have HifiMAN, AKG, Sennheiser, Denon, BeyerDynamic and others, too.  The coupon code is at the top of their Web site.

Includes Fostex too...

Apr 11, 2012 at 4:38 AM Post #2,879 of 9,815
Got an email from Dimitri at Musica Acoustics that the DBA-02 MKII will be sold with a free Hippo Pipe. I've used the Pipe a few times - seems a pretty good bass boost option for the DBA-02 MKII. You have to email him, though, as his English website doesn't work well and has lots of old information in it. His email is trush at musicaacoustics.com

MUSICA ACOUSTICS RECOMMENDED DEAL
Fischer Audio DBA02MK2 & Digizoid z02 & hippo can (all three in BLACK COLOR)
Regular RETAIL price: $350
TOTAL COST: $300

1. Hippo Cricri+ & DBA02MK2 & Hippo Cancan (all 3 in BLACK COLOR)  
Regular RETAIL Regular price: $395USD 
SPRING BREAK special  
TOTAL COST: $345USD

2. Hippo Cricri & Fischer Consonance RED COLOR IEM & hippo Can RED COLOR
Regular Retail: $199USD
SPRING BREAK SPECIAL:  
TOTAL COST $149USD

3) Oldskool 33 1/3 & MARTINI+ headphone AMP & Fischer HEADPHONE STAND (V-SHAPE)
Regular RETAIL: $449USD
SPRING BREAK SPECIAL $338USD

4) Fischer Audio TANDEM dual driver IEM & Vestamp+ DAC/headphone amp & Hippo Can BLACK COLOR
Regular RETAIL: $545USD
SPRING BREAK SPECIAL: $388USD

5) Fischer Audio FA-004 (in WHITE or BLACK) & GOVIBE MARTINI+ Amp & Fischer Audio Jazz 977 IEM
Regular RETAIL: $288USD
PRE ORDER ONLY SPECIAL: $219USD
Availability date: May 1st

6) Cricri+ &DBA02MK2 & Hippo CAncan  SILVER 
Regular RETAIL: $399USD 
TOTAL COST special  : $345USD

7) Cricri & Consonance RED COLOR & hippo Can RED COLOR
Regular Retail: $249USD
SPECIAL $168USD

8) Oldskool 3313 & MARTINI+ headphone amp & Fischer HEADPHONE STAND (V-SHAPE)
Regular RETAIL: $449USD
SPECIAL $348USD

9) TANDEM / Vest Amp+ /  Hippo Can BLACK COLOR
Regular RETAIL: $550USD
SPECIAL: $398USD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back