The Deals Thread (CLOSED! See the last post for the link to the new thread)
Mar 10, 2012 at 3:12 AM Post #2,551 of 9,815

Quote:
If you have a friend in the states, ship to him then he can ship it to you via USPS Frist Class, which will probably be around $20 or less to the Netherlenads.  $94 or less in total beats $173 (will probably have to ship the headphones without the retail box, as gift, and declared low value to avoid customs fees).

Are you sure that's how much it'll cost to ship from USPS? When I tried to ship some TF10's from the US to Australia via First Class, it ended up running around $35. I asked if there were any cheaper methods, and the only thing they could offer me was Flat Rate, which didn't include a tracking number. I only ask because I'm curious if my USPS lied to me and tricked me into getting the $35 shipping. lol.

Mar 10, 2012 at 3:21 AM Post #2,552 of 9,815
It would have been cheaper to go Express Flat Rate legal size envelope, which gets you tracking and default $100 insurance. The absolute cheapest is Priority flat rate small box at $16, but no tracking or insurance.  $35 Air Parcel (first class) must include tracking and insurance, right?

Mar 10, 2012 at 3:51 AM Post #2,553 of 9,815

Quote:
It would have been cheaper to go Express Flat Rate legal size envelope, which gets you tracking and default $100 insurance. The absolute cheapest is Priority flat rate small box at $16, but no tracking or insurance.  $35 Air Parcel (first class) must include tracking and insurance, right?

I recall the $35 air did include tracking and insurance. 

Mar 10, 2012 at 4:17 AM Post #2,554 of 9,815

Quote:
I see, so they really do not accept non US billing address, damn, how i wish they do things like amazon or accept paypal, i know a few courier company in US. The price at electronic expo, not only headphones, is really tempting. The D7000 deal last night i was able to catch it, but when i check out, i couldnt because of the billing address.

several other stores price match.
wait for the sale at Electronic Expo, and call another store to match it that accepts paypal or non-US billing.
(there's always a way)

Mar 10, 2012 at 5:15 AM Post #2,555 of 9,815
If you have a friend in the states, ship to him then he can ship it to you via USPS Frist Class, which will probably be around $20 or less to the Netherlenads.  $94 or less in total beats $173 (will probably have to ship the headphones without the retail box, as gift, and declared low value to avoid customs fees).

I'll be going to the States this summer with my family. Seems like the time to get myself a pair of T50RP's.
I'm not in a hurry anyway. Getting an entry level Stax rig is my current priority.

Mar 10, 2012 at 7:36 AM Post #2,556 of 9,815

Quote:
Are you sure that's how much it'll cost to ship from USPS? When I tried to ship some TF10's from the US to Australia via First Class, it ended up running around $35. I asked if there were any cheaper methods, and the only thing they could offer me was Flat Rate, which didn't include a tracking number. I only ask because I'm curious if my USPS lied to me and tricked me into getting the $35 shipping. lol.

I have ordered an IEM from the Meelectronics US site. There were several shipping options. USPS First class Intl $7 ( without tracking number), USPS Priority without tracking $14. USPS Priority with tracking $34. And USPS Express $43.

Sometimes they don't want to ship without tracking number especially to countries with bad reputation of parcels being stolen/lost. If you don't have a tracking number you won't be able to prove that your parcel was stolen and you won't get your money back.

Mar 10, 2012 at 10:26 AM Post #2,557 of 9,815

Quote:

Yup, checked it on USPS' site.  T50RP isn't that heavy.  First Class doesn't include tracking unless you send it as Registered Mail, which is an extra $12 or so.  Flat Rate was probably a good idea - that $35 sounds like Priority rate instead.

Mar 10, 2012 at 9:23 PM Post #2,560 of 9,815
Yes, Dahmart/Dakmart is legit, I've ordered from them, but I made sure to order from them through Amazon. You know, just to be on the safe side. :wink:

Mar 11, 2012 at 9:59 AM Post #2,561 of 9,815
$173 shipped to the Netherlands. This is so unfair, especially considering this is still one of the cheapest I have seen.
Almost $100 on shipping and taxes/duties. Ridiculous if you ask me.

Sounds like Canada... I order 160$ worth of stuff from the US, shipping was 30 and customs was over 70$.
160>260$

Mar 11, 2012 at 10:03 AM Post #2,562 of 9,815

Quote:
Sounds like Canada... I order 160$ worth of stuff from the US, shipping was 30 and customs was over 70$.
160>260$

No no. We Europeans do in fact have it even worse.

His example: 73$ item - 100$ shipping and customs
Your example: 160$ item - 100$ shipping and customs

tongue.gif

Mar 11, 2012 at 10:10 AM Post #2,565 of 9,815
@GL1TCH3D

True, but it's the customs that really hurts, at least here in Denmark. 25% + 5-10% + the equivalent of 30$ in a fee "for having to apply taxes"
biggrin.gif

I never really had a problem with the customs, but I don't like paying a fee in order to get to pay customs.

Oddly enough, sometimes it's cheaper to order from the US and pay all the taxes than to just go to the cheapest retailer in Denmark and buy the product. Not sure why they need to make THAT much money off every item they sell, hah.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back