1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)

1. Ken G
    I have Prime but the coupon doesn't appear for me. Interesting......

2. Ggroch
    This review says the "Bass notes and kick drums are huge and powerful, even overbearing at times". You seem overbearing at times...perhaps you will like them.***

*** JUST KIDDING!
    It also says they are "hugely exciting and dynamic"...that's it, that must be what you seem.:gs1000smile:

Note that for me "ListenUp" is the actual dealer, I am Prime, and the coupon shows. If LIstenUp is not your vendor perhaps that is the reason.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2019
    groucho69 and slowpickr like this.
  3. briman1000
    I get the coupon. But I already have them so... not the carbon the original version.

4. Cruelhand Luke
    I love moments like this...when the 'old' model that retailed for an amount that I would not feel comfortable spending on a single set of headphones drops down into a range I can justify.
    The HE5se and the Nighthawk were both $700 new....and they got really good reviews at that price! Neither of them have really been on my radar, because they were at price point I am not interested in buying into. I was aware of both, but hadn't read a lot about either of them I looked up a few reviews and I couldn't find a review of either of them that said they were not worth the street price. At $200 for the Nighthawk and $270 for the Hifiman they would get reviewed as astonishing value for the price.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2019
    showme99 and gemNeye like this.
  5. Terco
    I got the original Nighthawk for $299 2 years ago, I didn't like the sound and I finish selling them, I remember they were so comfortable and I love the 6.3 silver adapter. I recently got the Arya and it's my end game for full headphones (at the moment you know how is this xD) but at $200 I couldn't resist! It will be nice have them again and try that weird sound haha.

6. GearMe
    Well...have almost pulled the trigger several times on these at the higher price -- couldn't pass up for this price. Thanks! :L3000:

7. slowpickr
    If this review is accurate, I should love them:wink:

8. DDDYKI
    Damn. Want to pull the trigger, but I'm already on the fence over the FiiO M11 DAP. And I've already got the HD650s at work. Not sure these are much of an upgrade, but damn. Got to the checkout page and just can't do it.

slowpickr likes this.
  9. clerkpalmer
    For those on the fence, NH and NO regularly sell for around 200ish in the classifieds. Not brand new but 200 or so is the going rate for these here.

PlantsmanTX and slowpickr like this.
  10. slowpickr
    Just do it! $200 is chump change on this forum LOL

11. eeagle
    I've been using these frequently for the last 3 yrs. Bought the originals for $350 and they are so comfortable and great for intimate jazz like Jazz in the Pawnshop; they make you feel like you're right in the audience They do get even better w/burn in.

Amazing deal for $200, coupon still shows w/Prime for me and says only 9 left.

12. gugman
    gemNeye and phthora like this.
  13. BobJS
    Thanks, guys ... I needed those NightHawks like a hole in the head. 7 left after my purchase.

14. ruthieandjohn
  15. gemNeye
    phthora, GearMe and PlantsmanTX like this.