1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)

1. alexzogh
    BuyDig.com has Deco Gear Hard Body Full Size Headphone Case on sale for $9.99 when you apply promo code DECO in your cart or clip the coupon on the product page. Shipping is free. Thanks iconian

Features:
    • Hard EVA exterior is shock proof/water resistant
    • Molded case cover keeps your gear in place
    • Mesh pocket allows storage for accessories
    • Anti-static fabric interior protects electronics
    • Universal fit for nearly all on/over ear headphones
    https://www.buydig.com/shop/product/DGHC100B/Deco-Gear-Full-Sized-Premium-Hard-Body-Professional-Headphone-Case-with-Plush-Interior

I don’t own one, but may try it at this price. Anyone have this?

2. Pharmaboy
    You know, I saw that (after flailing away at Amazon trying to get their listed price ($249) to show up--impossible.

But I have hesitation about open box headphones. It seems to me that each open box HP failed to please the buyer, and thus came back to the seller. Even with full mfr's warranty, what's the logic of buying an open box HP?

3. speedwheels
    Edit: Product text says 6 inches thick means even large cups should fit . Thumbs up !

This product is missing a key specification, specifically the height of the case. One of the images shows the length and the width but no information about the height. Without that information, you should probably not buy this case for headphones with large cups like a K701, Hifiman HE-400/500/HE-4/HE-5/HE-6 or even an audio technica air series or art monitor headphones.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
  4. Carlsan
    gemNeye and Terco like this.
  5. Cruelhand Luke
    I kind of wrote these off as expensive fashion cans when they first came out. They have great style.
    $112 for the over ears seems like a deal, if your values place design, fit/finish and materials higher than SQ.
    I was going to pick up a set so I read a handful of reviews...they didn't get high marks for the sound...I gather they aren't bad, just not up to par with similarly priced headphones. For the original price, you expect more is what I gather. Some say it has great big warm pillowy bass...some say it's a little overdone and loose...no review says any part of the frequency response is detailed or precise.
    BUT...that's for a $450 closed back portable. I wonder how it sounds for a $112 fashion can.

6. Cruelhand Luke
    ...because they may have been returned completely flawless? You have never had a set of headphones that you bought and they had nothing wrong with them, the problem was with you? They didn't sound the way you wanted them to or they didn't fit your gigantic head? In my experience, generally speaking, 'open box' means a brand new, no flaws product that was returned 'without cause' ...meaning the headphones are not broken or defective, but they still got returned. I can give you a list of headphones that I have returned and other than my not liking them for various reasons, they were perfect. (Fostex TR90, Lasmex L85, etc)

PlantsmanTX, groucho69 and GearMe like this.
  7. Pharmaboy
    How'd you know I have a gigantic head & the problem is me? I didn't think these things were general knowledge...

I never actually returned a headphone as you describe. But I can't argue with your logic. So I just purchased one of the 2 remaining pairs of Nighthawks, a headphone I've always been curious about.

Thanks!

OldDude04 and GearMe like this.
  8. Terco
    I just got them and I already hate the sound haha... Playing with EQ I enjoy they more, definitely they are special! I'm happy to have something different.

20190702_183408.jpg

Mine didn't have the plastic look in the zipper? But they are 100% new, just something that I want to mention.

20190702_183437.jpg

Alcophone and trellus like this.
  9. GearMe
    Expect they'll be in good shape...hope you (rest of us) really enjoy them! :beerchug:

Got my Q701's as Open Box and they were like new. Great deals can definitely be had that way and as long as the return policy is solid, just risking some time/effort if they need to go back.

Guessing the giant head thing was based on your avatar :wink:

showme99, Pharmaboy and DAVID_54 like this.
  10. Terco
    UPDATE***
    Looks like it's an open box or they forgot to include the 3.5 to 1/4 inch adapter (One of the reason why I want this headphones) :rage:, Can anyone please share when the headphones arrive if they have the connector or it's only me :angry:

11. Pharmaboy
    Avatar? That's my high school yearbook photo.

"but seriously" ... the irony is I do have a large head & it makes certain headphones somewhat challenging.

I'm looking forward to finally hearing the AQ Nighthawks. I admire the design's unique look & ergonomics; if the sound is in the same ballpark, I'll be a happy camper.

showme99 likes this.
  12. ruthieandjohn
    Both the on-ear and over-ear Shinolas showed up today, a day earlier than expected.

Quick listens to other closed headphones I have indicate:

Beats EP < Shinola Over Ear < Sony Z7 < Ultrasone Edition8.

Ordering based on approximate original list price:

Beats EP ($100) < Shinola Over Ear ($499) < Sony Z7 ($700) < Ultrasone Edition 8 ($1,400)

Haven't yet compared to my Sony MDR-1A headphones ($260), nor have I compared the Shinola On Ear headphones.

trellus likes this.
  13. jj69
    I'd be furious. This has become all too common with Amazon. Pay for new, receive open box. Thank goodness for Prime returns!

Mine won't arrive until tomorrow and I already know I'm going to hate them, based on the description in the reviews. Thank goodness for Prime returns!

14. Cruelhand Luke
    I have excellent reading comprehension and a good memory. You are a big fan of the Marantz headphone that is properly sized for melon-headed folks. :wink:

15. Cruelhand Luke
    I'd be curious how the Shinola sound vs. good closed cans, in the $100-200 range..... Akg 553/Beyer 770/Meze 99 etc....