The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Jul 1, 2019 at 6:41 PM Post #28,397 of 35,319
I just read a review that stated these are mid focused and lack low end......

This review says the "Bass notes and kick drums are huge and powerful, even overbearing at times". You seem overbearing at times...perhaps you will like them.***

*** JUST KIDDING!
It also says they are "hugely exciting and dynamic"...that's it, that must be what you seem.:gs1000smile:

Note that for me "ListenUp" is the actual dealer, I am Prime, and the coupon shows. If LIstenUp is not your vendor perhaps that is the reason.

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2019 at 8:35 PM Post #28,398 of 35,319
I get the coupon. But I already have them so... not the carbon the original version.

Jul 1, 2019 at 8:57 PM Post #28,399 of 35,319
I love moments like this...when the 'old' model that retailed for an amount that I would not feel comfortable spending on a single set of headphones drops down into a range I can justify.
The HE5se and the Nighthawk were both $700 new....and they got really good reviews at that price! Neither of them have really been on my radar, because they were at price point I am not interested in buying into. I was aware of both, but hadn't read a lot about either of them I looked up a few reviews and I couldn't find a review of either of them that said they were not worth the street price. At $200 for the Nighthawk and $270 for the Hifiman they would get reviewed as astonishing value for the price.

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2019 at 9:04 PM Post #28,400 of 35,319
I got the original Nighthawk for $299 2 years ago, I didn't like the sound and I finish selling them, I remember they were so comfortable and I love the 6.3 silver adapter. I recently got the Arya and it's my end game for full headphones (at the moment you know how is this xD) but at $200 I couldn't resist! It will be nice have them again and try that weird sound haha.

Jul 1, 2019 at 9:34 PM Post #28,402 of 35,319
This review says the "Bass notes and kick drums are huge and powerful, even overbearing at times". You seem overbearing at times...perhaps you will like them.***

*** JUST KIDDING!
It also says they are "hugely exciting and dynamic"...that's it, that must be what you seem.:gs1000smile:

Note that for me "ListenUp" is the actual dealer, I am Prime, and the coupon shows. If LIstenUp is not your vendor perhaps that is the reason.
If this review is accurate, I should love them:wink:

Jul 1, 2019 at 9:59 PM Post #28,403 of 35,319
Damn. Want to pull the trigger, but I'm already on the fence over the FiiO M11 DAP. And I've already got the HD650s at work. Not sure these are much of an upgrade, but damn. Got to the checkout page and just can't do it.

Jul 1, 2019 at 10:45 PM Post #28,405 of 35,319
Damn. Want to pull the trigger, but I'm already on the fence over the FiiO M11 DAP. And I've already got the HD650s at work. Not sure these are much of an upgrade, but damn. Got to the checkout page and just can't do it.
Just do it! $200 is chump change on this forum LOL

Jul 2, 2019 at 11:26 AM Post #28,406 of 35,319
I just read a review that stated these are mid focused and lack low end. I'm probably not going to be happy with them if this is the case. If any USA based "non-prime" forum members wants mine, send me a PM. I'll ship them for $199 plus actual shipping cost. This, of course, is assuming I don't like them:wink:
I've been using these frequently for the last 3 yrs. Bought the originals for $350 and they are so comfortable and great for intimate jazz like Jazz in the Pawnshop; they make you feel like you're right in the audience They do get even better w/burn in.

Amazing deal for $200, coupon still shows w/Prime for me and says only 9 left.

Jul 2, 2019 at 1:48 PM Post #28,409 of 35,319
Jul 2, 2019 at 3:00 PM Post #28,410 of 35,319

Users who are viewing this thread

Back