1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)

1. gugman
    Never bought anything from them before. Reading some very different reviews about the shopping experience at their site, really wanted to try full size Shinola but now I don't feel comfortable to pull the trigger. Anyone?

2. mks100
    Mine was missing as well. Called Audioquest and they are sending me one.

Terco likes this.
  3. GearMe
    It's the outlet for Nordstrom's -- a mid-to-higher end department store with excellent customer service in their brick-and-mortar locations including Nordstrom Rack...believe they have a 45 day online return policy. That said, not sure how online shipping to Europe would compare/impact terms & conditions.

https://www.shopify.com/retail/1195...ous-with-customer-service-and-how-you-can-too

https://www.forbes.com/sites/micahs...dstrom-handles-customer-service/#3fb806a85b9e

gugman likes this.
  4. clerkpalmer
    How terrible can these be for under 100? Nordstrom rack is safe. Are these just garbage?

5. clerkpalmer
    Ordered the pro iem. Seems like a low risk proposition. Easy returns.

6. slowpickr
    I couldn't find any real specs on these. Single dynamic I assume (?).

7. GearMe
    Just thinking that we were able to get the Audioquest for 199...

Not only is timing bad but have seen/bought some very good cans for 60-100 on this thread with lots of positive reviews

8. clerkpalmer
    My brief google skills indicate the iem pro is the one to get. The over ears next and pass on the on ears. The audioquest NH is an acquired taste.

9. clerkpalmer
    Quad BA made by campfire

slowpickr and kl884347 like this.
  10. rantng
    I originally thought it was a quad BA as well, but everything I’m reading now says dual, one for the lows and one for mid-highs. I’m wondering if the quad setup refers to the total drivers.

11. clerkpalmer
    Hmmm. Edit you are correct sir. Still seems like a decent deal.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2019
  12. leeperry
    I agree that this adapter kills all competition but it's sold separately so why bother with this veiled phone ^^

OldDude04 likes this.
  13. OldDude04
    I got my Nighthawk Carbons in yesterday and I'm totally happy with them. They are fun and dark but still have some detail up top. Are they my favorites? Nah, they won't be my every day headphones, but they have a spot on my roster for when I want some serious head thumping bass that isn't flabby or distorted. For $200 they were a steal. Thanks @mks100 for posting up the sale info.

trellus, groucho69, barondla and 2 others like this.
  14. Pharmaboy
    This whole Shinola headphone thing is interesting to me because until the other day, I only know them for wristwatches. A few months ago I went to the Tourneau Time Machine, Tourneau's massive watch store @57th & Madison. Saw 4-5 watches that really tempted me, but by far the least expensive, the Shinola, won out. It's large, very attractive & ergnonomically ideal...my new favorite watch.

But headphones?

Still, based on what I've seen of their products, and pix I've seen of their store in SoHo, I wouldn't be at all surprised if the headphones are above average. This is a company that places design, ergonomics, and function on an equal plane (you don't see that too often).

gugman likes this.
  15. rantng
    Everything I had read previously said quad BA. I almost bought it, thinking that a quad BA developed by Campfire Audio, for ~$125 could be worth the risk. I suppose if it’s a sound signature you like, ~$125 for a dual BA Campfire Audio IEM could be a decent deal as well.