The Astell & Kern AK240
May 26, 2014 at 5:50 AM Post #3,361 of 9,131

Of the phones in my possession, my top 3 order of preference - 1) LCD X, 2) LCD XC, 3) Bayer T5P

For iems, both K3003 and Tralucent 1+2 pairs really well, each with it unique flavours that I love. I don't have the ref 1 yet and the demo pair I listened to is almost fresh out of the box so accurate assessment is difficult. But from what I heard, I do feel it should be an excellent pairing with the RWAK when burnt in. 

There are so many good phones and iems in the market that may pair well with the 240 so can't really say what's best. Just what I like most within my inventory. Happy shopping
gs1000.gif

Hi, I notice you have both a RWAK240 and a Chord Hugo. I know they have different uses but have you had a chance to compare them in terms of sound quality? Also, considering the RWAK240 seems to have had improvements made in the amp section compared to the stock model, does it benefit from adding a portable amp like the Intruder? Did you go for the added line out jack or not?

May 26, 2014 at 6:16 AM Post #3,362 of 9,131
May 26, 2014 at 7:26 AM Post #3,363 of 9,131
Jus wondering how many coupled AK240 with AKR03? Am really getting impatient for Singapore side to give me the price and stock status for AK240 gold edition and AKR03. But none of the shops have them in stock, and for some they only have the AK240 universal version and JH audio Roxanne universal fit. Reason for choosing the gold version is it comes with dock and Bluetooth remote (apparently I can't find any shops that sell jus the remote control). Worst of all is I m working overseas now and can only go back for short period in September. Intended to get someone to bring in from Singapore for me but they dun hv stock and they aren't able to advise if they have the gold version. Sad......

Connect It @ JEM has the AKR03 in stock. They also have the normal AK240 where I bought mine from. Just no gold AK240 lol...

May 26, 2014 at 8:12 AM Post #3,365 of 9,131

The AKR03 is a huge IEM! Here are comparison pics to my MH335DW-SR.

It's a good thing they're outta stock cos it was very tempting despite me not really caring much about Roxannes in the past. I asked if there was any difference between the AKR03 & the Rox but it looks like aside from the cable, there's no difference in the tuning.

May 26, 2014 at 9:00 AM Post #3,367 of 9,131
It sure does look big, compared to the others. The pics I've seen of people wearing them, show them sticking way out of the ears.

Yes they are huge.

I'm usually very tolerant of big iem but the uni rox really is too big even for me. Not that it won't sit securely nor I had any trouble getting good seal, but it just protrude too much with a body that is too big that give you a sense that it will fall out even if it doesn't. I would definitely opt for the custom acrylic version to avoid the dreaded full CF wait, and wait for the balanced cable to be generally available.

May 26, 2014 at 9:13 AM Post #3,368 of 9,131
Yes they are huge.

I'm usually very tolerant of big iem but the uni rox really is too big even for me. Not that it won't sit securely nor I had any trouble getting good seal, but it just protrude too much with a body that is too big that give you a sense that it will fall out even if it doesn't. I would definitely opt for the custom acrylic version to avoid the dreaded full CF wait, and wait for the balanced cable to be generally available.

I went with the acrylic Noble K-10, and the TWAU reference from Whiplash. Can't wait to try them with the AK-240 in balanced mode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back