The absolute BEST amp for the LCD-3 (only vote if you have heard the mjolnir and at least one other amp, preferably most on the list)
Jan 7, 2013 at 8:46 PM Post #31 of 187
Technically, Audeze first auditioned at CanJam 2010 right next to Cavalli's Liquid series and used the Liquid Fire throughout the show.  I know, because I was manning the table right next to them.
wink.gif

Jan 7, 2013 at 9:59 PM Post #32 of 187
Quote:
I been looking into this as well.  I want an end game amp for my lcd3.  I have been debating between WA22 vs Schiit Statement vs EC 2A3 vs Cavalli LF/LG/LAu vs BHA-1...

Amongst what I have heard In order of preference...

Burson 160 << Lyr < Concerto = Peachtree audio Grand << Soloist << Mjolnir < BHA < WA22

Those last 3 are pretty close calls

When you say the last 3 were pretty close calls, do you mean the 3 sound very very similar? Or do they have their own flavors so to say?

Jan 7, 2013 at 11:10 PM Post #33 of 187
Quote:
Technically, Audeze first auditioned at CanJam 2010 right next to Cavalli's Liquid series and used the Liquid Fire throughout the show.  I know, because I was manning the table right next to them.
wink.gif

Retracted for taste.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Jan 7, 2013 at 11:24 PM Post #34 of 187
And in 2012, they were using the Mjolnir (as well as a other amps.) But they also got a Mjolnir after the show.

As much as I hate to pimp out our stuff unashamedly, Mjolnir is as end-game as end-game gets for the LCD series. If you don't believe me, ask Purrin or anyone who owns one.

Those waiting for the Statement will be waiting a while. No point in releasing an amp when we don't have a DAC yet (multiple setbacks with DSP platforms going end-of-life, boring engineering stuff, etc.)

Any other members of the audio trade want to chime in? That's like an artist entering the discussion of which artist is better....you just don't do it, because it makes you lose all credibility. A bunch of people on a forum arguing about who's better, Joshua bell or Hilary Hahn and one of them jumps and says, "Me, I'm the best". seriously?

Jan 7, 2013 at 11:27 PM Post #35 of 187
Moreover, anyone that says that anything is "end game" is seriously full of it and way too cocky for his own good. It can always be better...no such thing as "end game".

Jan 7, 2013 at 11:31 PM Post #36 of 187
Quote:
Moreover, anyone that says that anything is "end game" is seriously full of it and way too cocky for his own good. It can always be better...no such thing as "end game".

You're right--I retract the post above.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Jan 7, 2013 at 11:40 PM Post #37 of 187
It makes sense that people think their own products are best, and them voicing that opinion (assuming they aren't actively denigrating other products) is fine, but should be taken with the grain of salt it deserves to "taste right".  

I'm going to try an M-60 in the next week or so with the LCD-3's.  Should be fun.  Current favorite is still the LG, but have yet to try Status or Pinnacle, and the LG is undergoing a gut check for minor hum that were noticed on a couple units.

Jan 8, 2013 at 12:03 AM Post #38 of 187

I'm sorry to go OT, but I just had to say something. End game is a relative state of mind in which an audiophilile (or anyone) has reached audio nirvana and is no longer has the desire to seek more. For some, end game means their iPhone with stock earphones. For others, it lies with Beats by Dre or other similarly branded headphones. For many of us, nothing short of an HE90 fits the bill. Everyone is entitled to their own end game setup; therefore it is you being the "cocky" one for attempting to dictate the viability of one's own "end game." I'm 15 years old with quite a lot of time left to enjoy music and I do think I've almost reached my setup. The ALO Audio Pan Am is a great match for my LCD 2.2s and this is close to full sized headphone endgame (HP/amp, that is, as I MIGHT upgrade my ODAC :rolleyes:) for me until I am finished with all of my schooling and have a real job. That said, many kids are happy with their Beats and can just focus on the music while we dive into each FOTM and spend ever greater amounts of time looking for new pieces of kit. Many of us listen only to the gear while the hordes of Beats-infected youth are the ones truly enjoying the music. In this sense, they are the true audiophiles.

Edit: I "assisted" my iPad's autocorrect.

Jan 8, 2013 at 2:24 AM Post #39 of 187
Quote:

awww don't be mad bro...it's gonna be ok. This is a hobby of passion and sometimes people make passionate statements. No need to get bent out of shape. Jason has done a lot with his company in a short period of time and I think it's refreshing to have somebody in the industry who will actually engage the community, responds to feedback, and is willing to admit when his passion leads to momentary lapses in "protocol". 

All I can afford right now is my Bifrost/Lyr and for me this is end game

for now :)

Jan 8, 2013 at 4:11 AM Post #40 of 187
Objective2 or Benchmark DAC1...

Jan 8, 2013 at 8:45 AM Post #41 of 187
Quote:
awww don't be mad bro...it's gonna be ok. This is a hobby of passion and sometimes people make passionate statements. No need to get bent out of shape. Jason has done a lot with his company in a short period of time and I think it's refreshing to have somebody in the industry who will actually engage the community, responds to feedback, and is willing to admit when his passion leads to momentary lapses in "protocol". 

All I can afford right now is my Bifrost/Lyr and for me this is end game

for now :)

I admit that I was a little harsh in my comment and I apologize for that.  I do think it's cool that he admitted that there really is no real "end game" and it can always be better.  Also, after further thought, I agree with you and others that there can always be personal/individual "end games" in that one can find his/her own audio nirvana and not need to ever upgrade.  Sorry for the abrasiveness and thanks for the insight.

Jan 8, 2013 at 7:56 PM Post #43 of 187
Quote:
Any other members of the audio trade want to chime in? That's like an artist entering the discussion of which artist is better....you just don't do it, because it makes you lose all credibility. A bunch of people on a forum arguing about who's better, Joshua bell or Hilary Hahn and one of them jumps and says, "Me, I'm the best". seriously?

At least I wasn't mentioning anything I sell.  I have no connection to Cavalli - at all.

Jan 8, 2013 at 9:50 PM Post #45 of 187
Oh man that makes me excited. I'll be hearing the LCDs with the LG and LF head to head this week. The LG is already my favorite with HD800s, now maybe the LCDs? Oh man.

Quote:
It makes sense that people think their own products are best, and them voicing that opinion (assuming they aren't actively denigrating other products) is fine, but should be taken with the grain of salt it deserves to "taste right".  

I'm going to try an M-60 in the next week or so with the LCD-3's.  Should be fun.  Current favorite is still the LG, but have yet to try Status or Pinnacle, and the LG is undergoing a gut check for minor hum that were noticed on a couple units.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back