The absolute BEST amp for the LCD-3 (only vote if you have heard the mjolnir and at least one other amp, preferably most on the list)
May 30, 2012 at 2:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 187

zachchen1996

Headphoneus Supremus
Set on getting LCD3s, preferred its sound to the hifimans in general by a wide margin. Heard LCD3s with the mjolnir and gungnir and loved it. But I have only heard the LCD3s with the mjolnir amp, are there other amps that are better than the mjolnir FOR THE LCD3s in your opinion? Only vote if you have heard the LCD3s with the mjolnir and at least one of the other amps listed or if the amp is not listed then post what amp it was and why you liked it more than the mjolnir. Thanks.

May 30, 2012 at 5:46 PM Post #2 of 187
The Lyr has lots of power (6W) but i liked the Dynamics on the 160D, bass and nice micro details. 
Red wine audez'e edition is good, but pricey. 
triportsad.gif

May 31, 2012 at 1:14 AM Post #4 of 187
What about the HA-160/DA-160 combo? 

Jun 1, 2012 at 9:08 PM Post #5 of 187
Have the Phoenix and will get some LCD2 Rev1 soon(running balanced)....hope I am not in for a disappointment???

Jun 2, 2012 at 1:50 PM Post #7 of 187
I have not heard it, but hear that it is hard to beat the dynamics of the Burson. For my money, what little there is left, I'd go with the lyr as a bang for the buck choice.

gL!!

Jun 4, 2012 at 11:41 AM Post #10 of 187
Quote:
Could you add the Objective 2 amp to the list?

You could, but it could annoy people
o2smile.gif
Lol. It's been discussed somewhat in a thread and I recall lots of semantics and concern that the thread was a wrong because it might offend people. But it did seem the amp fairs well, but is it a top tier? Just consider if you got lots of money you can afford to try both top tiers and the o2 so if your upset it's because either you wasted your money or have an issue with pride. If your more budget minded well be greatful the o2 exists imho.

Jun 7, 2012 at 2:03 AM Post #13 of 187
Quote:
For my rev.1's, the V200 performs overall better then the burson, concerto and the Lyr (which performs substantially better then the Asgard). 

Why V200 better, than a Concerto/new Classic? Meier Classic have a neutral sound, but V200 warm signature. I think that it is tasting for everybody, how he wants to listen a music.

Jun 7, 2012 at 2:21 AM Post #14 of 187
Quote:
Why V200 better, than a Concerto/new Classic? Meier Classic have a neutral sound, but V200 warm signature. I think that it is tasting for everybody, how he wants to listen a music.

The V200 sounds slightly on the warm side but is energetic, the Concerto sounded a bit to dry. I don't know how well it will sound with the rev.2's but from my late batch rev.1's it doesn't sound that great when I had a listen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back