The absolute BEST amp for the LCD-3 (only vote if you have heard the mjolnir and at least one other amp, preferably most on the list)
Jun 7, 2012 at 6:57 AM Post #17 of 187
Definately add the Audio-gd Master 6/8 to the list. Stunning with my LCD's.

I have heard the Burson and Concerto & the Master-6 blows them both away.

Although I have not heard it the Decware taboo is supposed to be exceptional with the LCD's as well.

As the title of this thread asks for the BEST amp for the LCD's I am at a loss as to why the Concerto,Burson or Lyr are even being mentioned. 
rolleyes.gif

Jun 7, 2012 at 7:05 AM Post #18 of 187
Quote:
Definately add the Audio-gd Master 6/8 to the list. Stunning with my LCD's.

As the title of this thread asks for the BEST amp for the LCD's I am at a loss as to why the Concerto,Burson or Lyr are even being mentioned. 
rolleyes.gif

+1. 

Although the Burson combo does scale quite well with the LCD2, I guess by best, certain sound matching performance with amp pairing is different to everybody's taste. 

Another amp that supposedly drives the LCD2 quite good is the LD MK VI+.

Jun 7, 2012 at 11:29 AM Post #19 of 187
Quote:
+1. 

Although the Burson combo does scale quite well with the LCD2, I guess by best, certain sound matching performance with amp pairing is different to everybody's taste.

True I just got the Burson but I have been reading reviews about quite some amps including the CEC amps (I think also missing in this thread). It really depends on what kind of music you listen or for what other purpose (for example movies) you want it.

For example the CEC amp (the one that also has speaker outputs) that cost quite some more than the Burson apparently sounded best on most music. But If you need something that can delivery some aggresive edge and punch in the bass department the Burson delivered best. I went for the Burson for this reason.

So yeah, there's simply no best amp, I think it would be a better idea to list a whole bunch of amps that go well with the LCD-2 and then add a description with pros and cons. This way people can select the amp that would be best for their choice of usage

Jun 7, 2012 at 1:25 PM Post #20 of 187
Quote:

For example the CEC amp (the one that also has speaker outputs) that cost quite some more than the Burson apparently sounded best on most music. But If you need something that can delivery some aggresive edge and punch in the bass department the Burson delivered best. I went for the Burson for this reason.

So yeah, there's simply no best amp, I think it would be a better idea to list a whole bunch of amps that go well with the LCD-2 and then add a description with pros and cons. This way people can select the amp that would be best for their choice of usage

I've tried some other amps, that drive the LCD2-'s well, but their price tag was way out of my budget (mostly tubes) but you're right, the Burson is well known by its speed, resolution and bass. For the price hard to beat from my point of view, and it works nice with active speakers too. 
smile.gif

Dec 17, 2012 at 7:26 PM Post #21 of 187
I really liked the V200 with my LCD 2.2's. Not sure if it is just me but I possibly liked the LCD-2 better than the LCD-3 out of the V200.

Dec 17, 2012 at 7:30 PM Post #22 of 187
Quote:
I really liked the V200 with my LCD 2.2's. Not sure if it is just me but I possibly liked the LCD-2 better than the LCD-3 out of the V200.

All the Violectrics sound better than all the Burson's except the Conductor haven't heard it if your pairing it with the LCD2. LCD3 not so sure but it's on my list.

Dec 17, 2012 at 11:11 PM Post #24 of 187
Quote:
No love for the Bryston BHA-1?

I agree  though it was only for a brief audition in a local audio salon the bryston is by far the best amp I have heard with my lcd2 v2s.It is the first amp that really changed the warmish sound balance of the lcd2 to a much more neutral balance.And the bass oh what a bass it has with this amp.Just phenomenal and like no other headphone I have heard.This would be my prefered amp for my audezes but it is a little steep for me now.Oh well maybe later.

Jan 2, 2013 at 9:27 PM Post #26 of 187
Quote:
I vote for the O2 Objective amp...as good as the V200 etc...

As good as many $1k amps....

Alex

Don't know if serious.

Imho, the O2 from a technical point of view (measurement wise, THD, snr etc) it does indeed look impressive and can rival some of the more higher-end offerings. From a sound evaluation point of view and I did have the O2 before trying it with my LCD2 rev.1's, O2 does not do wonders compared to say my V100 that I owned let alone touch the V200 that I auditioned.

Jan 3, 2013 at 4:50 AM Post #27 of 187
Most of you guys are a little out, really good amps for Audeze is missing in my opinion. I think a little helpful was one ranking by Purrin, he wrote his ranking of amps from bright to dark. Audeze is darker, in my opinon too much (LCD2) so it needs very carefull choose system from quality source to clean brighter energy more powerfull amp. Overal system help Audeze. Nothing easy..Most amp compromise. So BHA1 and Mjolnir seems like the most safer option at this moment. 

Jan 7, 2013 at 7:16 PM Post #28 of 187
I been looking into this as well.  I want an end game amp for my lcd3.  I have been debating between WA22 vs Schiit Statement vs EC 2A3 vs Cavalli LF/LG/LAu vs BHA-1...

Amongst what I have heard In order of preference...

Burson 160 << Lyr < Concerto = Peachtree audio Grand << Soloist << Mjolnir < BHA < WA22

Those last 3 are pretty close calls

Jan 7, 2013 at 8:32 PM Post #29 of 187
All the Violectrics sound better than all the Burson's except the Conductor haven't heard it if your pairing it with the LCD2. LCD3 not so sure but it's on my list.

Conductor is the same amp as Soloist.

Jan 7, 2013 at 8:41 PM Post #30 of 187
There was a good thread comparing the Soloist with violectric v200... Liked the soloist quite a bit better with Audeze.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/633831/subjective-review-of-the-violectric-v200-and-the-burson-soloist-for-use-with-audeze-lcd-2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back