Symphones Magnum upgrade for Grado SR325 and Alessandro MS2
Nov 8, 2011 at 9:48 AM Post #1,606 of 2,336
Well done!
Looking forward to your review.

Nov 8, 2011 at 10:19 AM Post #1,607 of 2,336
I got a pair of Alessandro MS2i from head-fi yesterday and it was shipped to Rhydon today.
Rhydon said that after he receives the phone, it should be ready for delivery within one to two weeks time.
I don't expect the V4 to be available so fast 

Nov 8, 2011 at 10:58 AM Post #1,608 of 2,336
wow post 1606 and 1607: two of my favorite head-fiers
beerchug.gif

Nov 8, 2011 at 11:03 PM Post #1,609 of 2,336
Mine are almost ready, so I guess ordering around now one wouldn't have to wait.

Nov 9, 2011 at 11:03 PM Post #1,611 of 2,336

Quote:
Are you getting they full Magnum mod?  by the way I'm still enjoying the MS-Pro & looking forward on comparing the Magnum base to them.

looking forward to your comparison. I got to demo the ms pros for a very extended period of time. I'll be curious to see what you say about them.. I actually picked my woodied 225i's over the ms pros, and the magnums over the 225i's.

Quote:
Gawd.....I'm dying for some pics right now..

I'll post some pictures once I get my magnum together. (headband, gimbals, and cable from an sr 80i, v4 drivers and aluminum inners, and ms2 cups)

Nov 9, 2011 at 11:23 PM Post #1,612 of 2,336
Very interesting because I actually compared my MS2i that were woodied with Cabillas Iroko cups and they was so much more details from the MS-Pro and better separation and smoothness that I sold my MS2i and they were no sluch. Was the MS-Pro used for the comparaison was of the newer generation?  mine are an older model so I don't know if it make any difference. Maybe Nick01 can chime in and comments. He's got more experience with various model.

Quote:
looking forward to your comparison. I got to demo the ms pros for a very extended period of time. I'll be curious to see what you say about them.. I actually picked my woodied 225i's over the ms pros, and the magnums over the 225i's.

I'll post some pictures once I get my magnum together. (headband, gimbals, and cable from an sr 80i, v4 drivers and aluminum inners, and ms2 cups)

Nov 9, 2011 at 11:27 PM Post #1,613 of 2,336

Quote:
Very interesting because I actually compared my MS2i that were woodied with Cabillas Iroko cups and they was so much more details from the MS-Pro and better separation and smoothness that I sold my MS2i and they were no sluch. Was the MS-Pro used for the comparaison was of the newer generation?  mine are an older model so I don't know if it make any difference. Maybe Nick01 can chime in and comments. He's got more experience with various model.

Yes, I believe it was of the newer generation. It seemed fairly new.

I choose the 225i's based on sound preferences and I didn't feel like there was much of a difference in amount of detail.. I found the ms pros too smooth on the high end and too earthy/boomy on the low end *prepares to get stoned*

The magnums seems like a happy balance between the two. I get the extended, very detailed highs, but they aren't smoothed out (ms pros) or rough/overly present sometimes (225i's). The lows are very nice, I find them a bit too much with the magnums in wood, but i'm putting mine in aluminum.. i'm also getting the newer drivers instead of 3.5's. I hope they are everything I want, seeing as I sold off my 225i's to purchase the magnum drivers and inner :)

Nov 9, 2011 at 11:47 PM Post #1,614 of 2,336
I find the high to be very smooth on the Magnum (I like smooth 
tongue_smile.gif
) but I didn't do a fair comparison between the V4 and the MS-Pro. Waiting for the full setup. By then my V4 will have about 200 - 250 hours of burn-in. I had the SR-225i in the pass and also had the SR325i Goldie that was recabled with silver and liked the SR-225 but the SR325 was way to hot on top and fatiguing. It could all be related to the genre of music we listen too. I'm more to Jazz - Acoustic Guitar - Vocal. The MS-Pro in magic to me whit those genre. I hope the Magnum with the chamber will handle the Rock side of the house being Prog - Indie - Alt and anything really.

Quote:
Yes, I believe it was of the newer generation. It seemed fairly new.

I choose the 225i's based on sound preferences and I didn't feel like there was much of a difference in amount of detail.. I found the ms pros too smooth on the high end and too earthy/boomy on the low end *prepares to get stoned*

The magnums seems like a happy balance between the two. I get the extended, very detailed highs, but they aren't smoothed out (ms pros) or rough/overly present sometimes (225i's). The lows are very nice, I find them a bit too much with the magnums in wood, but i'm putting mine in aluminum.. i'm also getting the newer drivers instead of 3.5's. I hope they are everything I want, seeing as I sold off my 225i's to purchase the magnum drivers and inner :)

Nov 9, 2011 at 11:50 PM Post #1,615 of 2,336
I'm not purchasing a symphones modded phone, but following this threadm, why doesn't rhydon just finalize the whole design at one time and send the phones out then?

Nov 9, 2011 at 11:57 PM Post #1,616 of 2,336

Quote:
I find the high to be very smooth on the Magnum (I like smooth 
tongue_smile.gif
) but I didn't do a fair comparison between the V4 and the MS-Pro. Waiting for the full setup. By then my V4 will have about 200 - 250 hours of burn-in. I had the SR-225i in the pass and also had the SR325i Goldie that was recabled with silver and liked the SR-225 but the SR325 was way to hot on top and fatiguing. It could all be related to the genre of music we listen too. I'm more to Jazz - Acoustic Guitar - Vocal. The MS-Pro in magic to me whit those genre. I hope the Magnum with the chamber will handle the Rock side of the house being Prog - Indie - Alt and anything really.

funny that you mention jazz.. I found the ms pros almost magical with jazz and male vocals. 

Quote:
I'm not purchasing a symphones modded phone, but following this threadm, why doesn't rhydon just finalize the whole design at one time and send the phones out then?

he has finalized the design now.. But, it was a work in progress. He was giving people the latest and greatest he had to offer, over the course of finalizing everything.

Nov 10, 2011 at 11:12 AM Post #1,617 of 2,336
I am having the full Magnum mod done on a pair of black 325 ( the first all black Magnum!)and drivers change on a pair of RS1i with black dragon cable.
Can't wait!

Nov 10, 2011 at 11:16 AM Post #1,618 of 2,336
Some good listening time ahead of you for sure! Enjoy!  
biggrin.gif
  Make sure to share some pictures.

Quote:
I am having the full Magnum mod done on a pair of black 325 ( the first all black Magnum!)and drivers change on a pair of RS1i with black dragon cable.
Can't wait!

Nov 10, 2011 at 12:55 PM Post #1,619 of 2,336

Quote:
Some good listening time ahead of you for sure! Enjoy!  
biggrin.gif
  Make sure to share some pictures.

I sure will.
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back