Sony NW-A40 Series NW-A45/A46/A47
Apr 28, 2018 at 8:29 AM Post #886 of 1,999
Do you guys just keep it in sleep mode or do you turn the unit off at the end of the day?
take all I say with a grain of salt because I don't own this model.
the usual rule of thumb with sony is that each DSP will remove between 30 and up to 60% of battery life. and then if you use several, the effect adds up. of course there is also some part related to what headphone/IEM you're driving and how loud, but if you stick to portable gears that shouldn't be too massive of a difference. how long the screen stays ON will also have some significance in the long run.
the last aspect is the file being played, you probably have some small information on all that somewhere on a PDF online.
if you want to check if maybe your battery is defective, go turn off everything you can find, from volume normalizer, clear audio, EQ... play something like mp3 or 16/44 flac, and count how long you last on one charge. otherwise your results won't mean much.

Apr 29, 2018 at 8:07 AM Post #887 of 1,999
I know a few have bought this case...
s-l400.jpg

How do you find the buttons work with it? Especially Play/FF/RW.
Very good case, I recommend it :thumbsup:

Apr 29, 2018 at 5:04 PM Post #889 of 1,999
I’m planning to get this (A45) DAP, but I’ve come across concerns in recent discussions (within the last few years) about some Sony models not having gapless playback with MP3s. This is something that I had just assumed every DAP would have (I’m coming from using an iPhone). Does the A45 model have gapless playback? My files are primarily 320k MP3, FLAC, and some AAC. Thanks!

Apr 29, 2018 at 5:48 PM Post #890 of 1,999
I’m planning to get this (A45) DAP, but I’ve come across concerns in recent discussions (within the last few years) about some Sony models not having gapless playback with MP3s. This is something that I had just assumed every DAP would have (I’m coming from using an iPhone). Does the A45 model have gapless playback? My files are primarily 320k MP3, FLAC, and some AAC. Thanks!

Happy to report that gapless playback works perfectly. It works so well that I was actually surprised by it when listening to some newer albums that I had only heard with audible gaps. Loving this player and the battery life has been stellar.

Apr 30, 2018 at 1:49 PM Post #895 of 1,999
For $5 not genuine leather but a good case. The look and even smell is pretty convincing until you look closely. Does it's job well so far.

Apr 30, 2018 at 6:07 PM Post #897 of 1,999
From what i know. If no music is playing..and you turn off screen.. it will enter sleep mode. Just my asumption though...because my batt will last long just by doing that. I dont need to switch it off.

I turned on the Sleep Timer in playback settings (30 mins) and turned off Auto Power Off in device settings. I guess this would mean it will go to sleep after 30 mins and won't turn off unless hold the power button. Will see if this is a good solution.

May 2, 2018 at 1:09 AM Post #900 of 1,999
If you are going to pair your DAP with a DAC/Amp then the DAP becomes basically a hard drive with a UI. The ZX300 would be a total waste of money in this instance and the A45 would be a much cheaper and practical choice. I would even consider another DAP that has a proper LO implementation vs having to use the dreaded WM-Port and having to swap cables when it needs to be charged. Just my two cents. I was using a Fiio L5 cable with my A17 for awhile but the constant swapping of cables to charge my A17 actually broke the L5 connector. Once that happened I switched to HO with the Fiio L16 and I am much happier now.

I don't get it. Don't Line Out and headphone out use the same jack and cable?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back