Sony NW-A40 Series NW-A45/A46/A47
Mar 8, 2024 at 8:41 AM Post #1,997 of 1,999
Hi guys, hope im in the right section....

I have a sony walkman nw-a45, and like a few here its stuck in demo mode.. its an e bay purchase, and as i have had an nw series for last 5 years, and it worked flawlessly i went for another...

so my original one went dead and simply wont charge... the new one is in demo mode and wont shuffle, repeats the playlist from song one every maybe thirty mins, and cannot be restored, or rest from menu...

so question is how do i power up my old unit without damaging the connection port to copy the folders and switch them to the new unit...

The usual trick with this is to go through the following sequence:

Go to the Home Screen
Turn on the Hold button
Press Left < Key 5 times
Press Center > || Key 5 times
Press Right > Key 5 times

Hopefully this will reboot the device and play as normal.

Apr 7, 2024 at 8:38 AM Post #1,998 of 1,999
I’m looking for a case for my NW-A40 and like the look of the ones on www.inorlo.com but sadly they have discontinued their NW-A30/40 specific one. How dramatic are the physical differences between the A40 and A50 series players? Would an A50 case fit?

Apr 25, 2024 at 7:00 AM Post #1,999 of 1,999
Is @MrWalkman still around in 2024? I am using one of the modified firmware for the NW-A45 but having a lot of issues with Fiio BTR15 and UAC 2.0. It only works with Fiio BTR15 in UAC 1.0 mode, but the sound is horrible, lots of crackles and pops.
Yeah, also looking for @MrWalkman for any most recent and improved firmware update for the A45. He's been a great help but I don't seem to notice his presence lately

Users who are viewing this thread

Back