SONY IER-Z1R
Oct 16, 2019 at 1:09 AM Post #5,597 of 15,277
I wouldn't consider them a bass monster. They are not bass shy either, I would describe them as bass accurate. My Atlas are more in the bass monster category, but sometimes I want that :ksc75smile::ksc75smile:
I’m in exactly the same boat. I also have the Atlas as well and that is a different kind of big, full sound. Not as detailed or refined as the 1er, but sometimes it just gives me what I feel like.

Oct 17, 2019 at 1:36 AM Post #5,600 of 15,277
Oct 17, 2019 at 2:06 AM Post #5,601 of 15,277
Hey guys, is stock cable good enough or is it better to upgrade it?

I purchased the Kimber along side the IER-Z1R as the Sony Kimber products do wonders with the MDR-Z1R and MDR-Z7. The Kimber has also been a historic upgrade for the XBA-Z5. Though I found I liked the original better. There has been a few posts about expensive cable upgrades. Remember too there are people who actually choose their cables to match the music genre not the IEM. Some people believe it’s 1/3 cable and 1/3 IEM? So your always going to have that but it’s really an Eastern thing, as cables are not as accepted in the West. I’m super happy using stock. But.......I would have thought there would have been way more cable talk in this thread?

Maybe people are so broke after buying the IEM, they don’t buy cables.....lol.

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2019 at 3:14 AM Post #5,603 of 15,277
Hey guys, is stock cable good enough or is it better to upgrade it?

I find the stock cable to be very good as opposed to the stock cable for the full size Z1R which I didn’t find all that good

Oct 17, 2019 at 3:16 AM Post #5,604 of 15,277
I find the stock cable to be very good as opposed to the stock cable for the full size Z1R which I didn’t find all that good

Exactly

Oct 17, 2019 at 12:46 PM Post #5,608 of 15,277
I'm looking for some new tips for my Z1R and I'm interested in specific geometric parameters. Does anyone know of an online "database" of IEM tips, with measurements?

Alternatively, does anyone know some quality tips that are shorter than the Sony/Final tips? I'm talking about tips that don't extent as much as the Sony/Final beyond the end of the metal nozzle.

Oct 17, 2019 at 12:51 PM Post #5,609 of 15,277
I'm looking for some new tips for my Z1R and I'm interested in specific geometric parameters. Does anyone know of an online "database" of IEM tips, with measurements?

Alternatively, does anyone know some quality tips that are shorter than the Sony/Final tips? I'm talking about tips that don't extent as much as the Sony/Final beyond the end of the metal nozzle.
Try the Symbio wide bore tips. They work good for me.

Oct 17, 2019 at 2:28 PM Post #5,610 of 15,277
Hey, last question before I pull the trigger, is Z1R has great synergy with WM1Z or do they better fit with the WM1A (I have 1Z), so I should be looking into M9 instead? Asking this because I've read some post about it here, but I'm wondering if anything changed since the 3.02 firmware, which actually changed the sound signature of 1Z to be more controlled and less warmer/bass heavy...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back