Sony EX1000 Review and Impressions Thread (with comparisons to FX700, GR10 and e-Q5)
Sep 15, 2017 at 11:04 PM Post #3,361 of 4,748
Man, I really do want a new cable for mine. The stock cable from the us version is fine but I feel like I'm going to ruin it at some point. You've probably already said in this thread, but where did you get that cable?

My sole mission in audio life was getting this terminated into mini xlr so i can switch from SE to balanced in a second and not mess with the crazy stupid termination made by Sony.
I got it done by PETEREK but he doesn't like messing with ex1000 anymore because of the hassle to make and difficulty for end user to get em in correct.

I read a few pages back about a set of Andro (multi BA) against this. I did the same comparison and came to opposite conclusion. ( this hobby....lol)
These are the finest IEM I have ever touched. I touched so many here in Japan. CA, J Harvey, Empire ears, Noble, Kumitate Labs.

I have the king, (pictured in previous post)
I find ASG sureseal tips to work best

Sep 16, 2017 at 4:21 AM Post #3,363 of 4,748
In a few hours I have received more than 10 notification email for this post, one for each reply, this is normal???? I haven't view the post but I receive one mail for each reply. I think before only one mail was sent until you entered the post, is this true??? Also, since a time the post visualization is terrible in mobile phones/tables.

Sep 16, 2017 at 4:36 AM Post #3,364 of 4,748
Has anyone here been able to find inexpensive cable with mic for sony ex1000?
There is no stock cable, you have the option of custom or get a adapter to convert to MMCX or two pin etc., Both cases consider it to be expensive.

update: if the Ex1000 come with a 0.6m long cable, you can look for a detactable inline remote cable, or use BT.

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2017 at 4:37 AM Post #3,365 of 4,748
In a few hours I have received more than 10 notification email for this post, one for each reply, this is normal???? I haven't view the post but I receive one mail for each reply. I think before only one mail was sent until you entered the post, is this true??? Also, since a time the post visualization is terrible in mobile phones/tables.
Between 3 threads I get over 50 notifications.

Sep 16, 2017 at 4:40 AM Post #3,366 of 4,748
Between 3 threads I get over 50 notifications.
Thank you for the information, I have leave the WM1A notifications a days ago because I received a notification in each reply and it was a nightmare. If an administrator is reading this, please do something! Our mobile batteries wil agree you.

Sep 16, 2017 at 4:41 AM Post #3,367 of 4,748
image1.JPG
image1.JPG
image2.JPG
image3.JPG
image4.JPG
image2.JPG
image3.JPG
image4.JPG
Do you have a photo of it, I got mine from the same seller and only paid RMB 270 for the full brass one, at first got the resin one, but broke, the seller allowed be to pay the differences for the brass one, the brass one fits the EX1000 and EX600, whiles you don't see it, the EX800 is slightly smaller, thats why the adapter don't fit the EX800.

Here's photos of what I got. (they might be above the quoted text). I read on the site that both options now have brass threads. There is also a 7n upgrade option which costs more, which is the one I ordered.

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2017 at 4:54 AM Post #3,368 of 4,748

Here's photos of what I got. (they might be above the quoted text). I read on the site that both options now have brass threads. There is also a 7n upgrade option which costs more, which is the one I ordered.
Mine is similar, may be because I have the earlier version, where you have the blue and red, mine is clear, I will post some photos tmr, it's at home, but I don't believe in there 7N.

Sep 16, 2017 at 5:22 AM Post #3,369 of 4,748

Did you choose to getting email notification while you was subscribing the thread? Try to edit your subscribed threads or unsubscribe it and subcribe again. You will see an option of notifications.

Sep 16, 2017 at 7:00 AM Post #3,370 of 4,748
I'm sure there is some settings to sort the problems out, infact too many, so i can't be bothered to look into details.:L3000:

Sep 16, 2017 at 7:05 AM Post #3,371 of 4,748

Here are some photos of mine, from the previous thread, I will post other photo of the thread one's tmr.

You can see the brass ones and the resin one's, the resin ones does not have the thread, it got screwed up.:beyersmile:

Sep 16, 2017 at 5:20 PM Post #3,372 of 4,748
Every now and again I miss the EX1000 and was thinking maybe I'll get the 600 since it sounds damn near identical and it's like a third if the price. Well...it used to be a third of the price. Now it seems to be priced pretty comparably.

Edit - Why won't headfi let me use emojis? :-0 lol

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2017 at 6:26 PM Post #3,373 of 4,748
Every now and again I miss the EX1000 and was thinking maybe I'll get the 600 since it sounds damn near identical and it's like a third if the price. Well...it used to be a third of the price. Now it seems to be priced pretty comparably.

Edit - Why won't headfi let me use emojis? :-0 lol
:anguished:?

Sep 16, 2017 at 6:28 PM Post #3,374 of 4,748
So, which tips did you like the best so far?

To All,
Btw, because of proprietary connectors, has anyone being able to get a cable with mic for ex1000?

Unfortunately, since the cables are hard to find, this is going to be a problem, I'm afraid. Any links which I can look to buy from?

Regards,
Manu

So far I like the stock sony regular tips, m/l. The noise isolating ones not as much. I don't like the spin fits because I can't get a good fit with them, neither medium or large. I think if I could get a good fit they'd be ok. See, I don't have any other narrow bore tips, so I need to find some, any regular or wide bore make the ex1000 all treble. I can't find most recommended tips here anywhere to buy on their own, the asg sure seal or the focal type e. I'll keep looking, but the stock tips sound great, just wish they had a tad better fit/seal

Users who are viewing this thread

Back