Sony EX1000 Review and Impressions Thread (with comparisons to FX700, GR10 and e-Q5)
Sep 18, 2017 at 12:10 AM Post #3,391 of 4,748
@hemipowered007 I found the link @Hawaiibadboy sent out. I tried that site yesterday and could not get it to load. On a side note, I had Andromeda for a while and got a pair of EX1000's and was surprised at the difference in sound stage. I didn't think the EX1000 would have that much more in size. Putting the Andromeda back on after the EX1000 and realizing the difference was really surprising. I did sell the Andromeda and given the price difference The EX1000 is an amazing bargain at almost a third the price of the Andromeda.

another convert :)

I need to get some balanced cables for mine.

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2017 at 12:27 AM Post #3,392 of 4,748
I use surseals and spiral dots. The surseals do deform and warp. It comes in sets of three when you buy from that site. One set out all of them have gotten that way for me

I have spiral dots but havnt bothered trying them since they aren't narrow bore, don't they just make it all treble? I'll try them tomorrow I guess and find out myself!

Sep 21, 2017 at 11:52 PM Post #3,394 of 4,748
Got my sure seals tonight in a size that legitimately fits, they're medium+. That was my problem w the spin fits, medium or large didn't fit right. Well, these sureseals are my favorite tip so far for sure. Great suggestion, glad I got 3 pair so when these deform I have backups! Oh and I tried the spiral dots a few days ago, I did not like them oddly enough. They made the sig overly bright for me, and lost detail and seperation, just sounded mudddled up. I'll give them another try this weekend just to make sure I had a good seal.

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2017 at 12:12 AM Post #3,395 of 4,748
Got my sure seals tonight in a size that legitimately fits, they're medium+. That was my problem w the spin fits, medium or large didn't fit right. Well, these sureseals are my favorite tip so far for sure. Great suggestion, glad I got 3 pair so when these deform I have backups! Oh and I tried the spiral dots a few days ago, I did not like them oddly enough. They made the sig overly bright for me, and lost detail and seperation, just sounded mudddled up. I'll give them another try this weekend just to make sure I had a good seal.

In an ironic twist...

Many bassheads will recall

I used to bash ASG every single chance I got because my 2.5 had a missing tip and ASG ignored my mail...over a tip.

And now, I rec their tips.

They are awesome for my EX1000 and quiet the room around me before the music starts.

Sep 22, 2017 at 1:00 AM Post #3,396 of 4,748
In an ironic twist...

Many bassheads will recall

I used to bash ASG every single chance I got because my 2.5 had a missing tip and ASG ignored my mail...over a tip.

And now, I rec their tips.

They are awesome for my EX1000 and quiet the room around me before the music starts.

thanks for the tip on tips, as i also have a pair of fender fxa2, i am tempted to give sureseals a try tonite, there are 2 types of tips, which ones are the recommended ones? the ones that look like a “C” or the oddly shaped ones? thx

i’m currently using the final E type with good results.

Sep 22, 2017 at 2:13 AM Post #3,397 of 4,748
thanks for the tip on tips, as i also have a pair of fender fxa2, i am tempted to give sureseals a try tonite, there are 2 types of tips, which ones are the recommended ones? the ones that look like a “C” or the oddly shaped ones? thx

I will check later. Mine look like a C...kinda.....from side angle literally look like >>>> C

Sep 22, 2017 at 1:58 PM Post #3,398 of 4,748

These are the sure seal I got. 20170922_105531.jpg20170922_105537.jpg

Sep 26, 2017 at 2:27 PM Post #3,400 of 4,748
After days of having the sureseals pictured above, I am extremely pleased with this combo. The resolution and micro details are astounding. These things have the best stage I can imagine in an iem, it's amazing how open they sound. I have yet to have an issue with the isolation even with the stock tips. Yes you can hear outside noise a bit but if you're out and about it's nice to be able to know what's going on around you. These sureseals definitely step up the isolation though, alot actually, Without harming the open feeling these have. Now if I can just get peterek convinced he should make me a custom cable, ill be all set.

Sep 30, 2017 at 8:57 PM Post #3,402 of 4,748
Must find new cable

Oct 1, 2017 at 10:43 AM Post #3,404 of 4,748
My experience with EX1000 cables just strenghten my opinion on great quality of stock cable. I'm sure there are some serious engeneering works behind it and there is no coinsidence. Even balance output on my WM1A didn't improve excellent synergy these catches with stock and SE.

Yes but do you have the actual Japanese ex1000 cable? Mine is the us version and it's flimsy as all getout.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back