Sony EX1000 Review and Impressions Thread (with comparisons to FX700, GR10 and e-Q5)
Jul 20, 2011 at 2:52 PM Post #1,306 of 4,748
I hope no one minds me asking, but to those who have heard both the EX600 & EX1000, if you had to, how close would you say the 2 are, percentage wise, strictly in terms of SQ?

Jul 20, 2011 at 3:00 PM Post #1,307 of 4,748

Quote:
I hope no one minds me asking, but to those who have heard both the EX600 & EX1000, if you had to, how close would you say the 2 are, percentage wise, strictly in terms of SQ?

80% based on my preferences and use.

Jul 20, 2011 at 6:14 PM Post #1,308 of 4,748
The right channel on my EX1000's (only 3 weeks old) just died minutes ago.
frown.gif
 The left one works just fine, but the right one's as dead as dead can be. I purchased through Amazon (Zalmar), and Zalmar only offers a 14-day return. Guess I'll have to go through Sony then.
frown.gif

Jul 20, 2011 at 7:48 PM Post #1,312 of 4,748
PHEW! False alarm! It appears my FiiO E7 is where the problem lies. I plugged in my MDT's and the same thing happened, to which I thought what the hell is going on! My FiiO E7 can go, but the Sony's... NOT happening! Thank you anyways shotgunshane for your quick and kind suggestion my friend!

Jul 20, 2011 at 11:43 PM Post #1,317 of 4,748

Quote:
PHEW! False alarm! It appears my FiiO E7 is where the problem lies. I plugged in my MDT's and the same thing happened, to which I thought what the hell is going on! My FiiO E7 can go, but the Sony's... NOT happening! Thank you anyways shotgunshane for your quick and kind suggestion my friend!

eek.gif
I'd have crapped myself if that happened to me. Ex1000s not working, I mean. Not the Fiio. Hehe .Kudos on being so calm and collected. hehe

Jul 21, 2011 at 1:14 AM Post #1,318 of 4,748

Quote:

Try this: Plug the E7 into USB, then listen to a song. Now plug and unplug a 3.5mm plug to the line-in socket of E7.

Jul 21, 2011 at 1:36 AM Post #1,319 of 4,748
Much appreciated my friend, but no need. It spontaneously decided to work again, without me having made any changes.
blink.gif

Jul 21, 2011 at 1:09 PM Post #1,320 of 4,748
This actually happened with me and the EX600, Quad and Se215 with the E7 plugged into the E9. The connection is flimsy at best when the E7 sits on top of the E9 to serve as the DAC for the amplifier. It can sit halfway on not be visible to the naked eye, causing only one channel to get sound. I panic too when this first happened. I thought the cord had a faulty spot in it, but that wasn't it. Finally, a thought came to my mind to push down on the E7. That didn't work. Then I thought to move it from side to side or push it from the back. I don't know which one of those two things did the trick (or both), but the second channel kicked right back in. I haven't had a problem since. Fiio sounds very nice, but those connectors should have been designed better.

Quote:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back