Sony EX1000 Review and Impressions Thread (with comparisons to FX700, GR10 and e-Q5)
Jul 19, 2011 at 11:36 PM Post #1,292 of 4,748

Quote:
In general, on purpose?

In a nutshell, I sold the Cowon S9 after a week and thought "ah, that dfkt, he's obviously after a completely different type of sound than I am", I reviewed the S9 somewhere after selling it and my review is very different than yours, different strokes for different folks.

I'll tell you what, I'll systematically go through a bunch of your reviews listed here and reevaluate if that is the case. I'm on the Heaven SB right now, so FAD bought a factory in Indonesia? That explains their build-quality issues then, lol. =P

Jul 20, 2011 at 2:01 AM Post #1,296 of 4,748

Quote:

Of course Jaben doesn't carry Sony products! Haha, Jaben is one of those places where the clientele scoff at Sony/Bose/Monster etc.  Anyway, you're talking about Jaben Singapore right? Which high-end IEM's do they have for demo right now? Last time I was there they were just starting to import some Final Audio IEM's.  If you want to try the EX600/1000 in Singapore, try the Sonystyle store at Sim-Lim square I think it was, they had several earphones for demo and the sales rep was a cool guy and offered me a hefty discount on the EX500, then I asked for a discount on the E888 and he's like "No no no can not, already too cheap! This one is very good" I was skeptical but I bought the E888 and wow, best Sony purchase I've ever made! Together with the Hippo mp3 player I bought at Jaben, one of the best musical experiences I've ever had in my life!

Nope, Jaben Malaysia. They've got all the same stuff (pretty much) as Jaben Singapore. No Sonys or Bose but i have definitely seen Monster Beats and Turbines floating around there. They had all the usual suspects for demo there (IEM-wise, i dunno about cans as I am really not into those for some reason). Even had the ACS T1s and JH13/16 demos. Yes, they do now have Final Audio IEMs now but didnt bother to test those yet. The Heaven series is pretty reasonably priced, i suppose (2 models of the 3) but 1601s are just...vulgar. LOL

Sonystyle in Malaysia doesnt carry the EX600 / 1000...yet. Might be a while. Which is odd cuz we're on par with all other tech / gadgets. Sony is just slow here for some reason.

Jul 20, 2011 at 3:40 AM Post #1,299 of 4,748

Quote:

Wow! I really hope they have those next time I visit Jaben Singapore.

If I'm not mistaken, Jaben recently opened a branch in Indonesia as well. You could probably check them out before going to Singapore! :p

http://www.jaben-indo.com/index.php?id=13

Jul 20, 2011 at 5:28 AM Post #1,300 of 4,748
Quote:
Guess James got lucky with his pair.

Quote:
No... I said a couple reports, I'm sure most units are perfectly fine, James did say he can't use them in the winter due to cable stiffness, though. =/

Yup, the A1's cables get very stiff at low temperature, so I was initially a bit hesitant about using them outside in winter. But I did it regardless and they suffered no obvious damage. Even though they do look flimsy, the cables have proven to be pretty resistant to the wear and tear of everyday use (at least in my case).

Jul 20, 2011 at 5:33 AM Post #1,301 of 4,748
Yes, except it's only in Surabaya which is almost as far away as Singapore from Jakarta =)

I'm going to send the Singapore branch an email just to make sure I can demo the JH13 and one or two FAD's.

I better get some quality music ready on my Teclast!

Jul 20, 2011 at 5:36 AM Post #1,302 of 4,748
Anyone else tempted to buy these from Moe's Mega Market for $293 and slap on a Square Trade Warranty (30% off of warranties today w/ coupon code REDHOT)? Because I am, that just tells you how much I'm enjoying the EX600! I'm not a normal, non-authorized dealer shopper of anything...

Do you know if there are lots of fake Sony iem's out there? Any easy way to tell?

My assumption would be gray market merchandise, which is real but warranty would be voided. When Adorama was selling Klipsch Custom 3's so cheap, they were real but Klipsch would not honor the warranty. Usually gray market merchandise is obtained from another country where it is much cheaper to obtain. Not sure in this case and I don't really know, just throwing wild speculation about really.

Jul 20, 2011 at 8:13 AM Post #1,304 of 4,748

You're probably right. With a 90 day warranty...it seems to matter a lot less!

Quote:
My assumption would be gray market merchandise, which is real but warranty would be voided. When Adorama was selling Klipsch Custom 3's so cheap, they were real but Klipsch would not honor the warranty. Usually gray market merchandise is obtained from another country where it is much cheaper to obtain. Not sure in this case and I don't really know, just throwing wild speculation about really.

Jul 20, 2011 at 8:32 AM Post #1,305 of 4,748
You're probably right. With a 90 day warranty...it seems to matter a lot less!

Very true. Gray market merchandise is legal, they are just obtained by unofficial or unauthorized (read unintended) distribution channels. I bought a gray market Fuji camera once because I wanted the European version instead of the American version. I had no regrets and nothing went wrong with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back