Sony EX1000 Review and Impressions Thread (with comparisons to FX700, GR10 and e-Q5)
Jan 6, 2019 at 9:43 PM Post #3,916 of 4,748
Well I'll let you know soon, but as always, my hearing and opinion is going to differ than others. I'm an ex1000 fanboy of sorts so I'm going to probably have some high standards to say something is better. I dont expect it to be better by the way, I expect them to be different, I dont thinj one is going to kill the other, as some have stated already. The ex1000 is a very capable iem with the correct fit and source. Ive absolutley heard it sound thin and bright with the "wrong" combinations. So, people who say its thin, either really really dont like their sound Sig, or they did not tinker enough. Which, is fine, I liked mine from the beginning and had a year and a half to randonly tinker. If I didntlike somethjng right away I'm surely not going to keep trying to get it the way I want. Having said that, I'm really really excited to compare the kanas pro to the ex1000,I expect them to be complementary, if theyre more sinilar than different, and one is a clear winner, than I'll probably sell whichever the lesser is. Who knows, but I'm trying to keep my expectations low and my mind open.

Whos not loving ex1000 anyway for its price. even on crinacle's list, the only sub $1000 iem that made into S- tier is only EX1000. Hard to beat for its tech abilities, let alone the price performance ratio. I also always love the EX1000, i dont expect kanas pro to be better, but if it has similar sound signature and abilities it will good for my daily driver as i said before. Thanks for replying, cant wait to read your words on that.

Jan 7, 2019 at 4:54 AM Post #3,917 of 4,748
This question has been asked already, but I would like to repeat it, hoping there is a definitive solution by now.

Are there relatively low cost EX1000 to MMCX adapters on the market and where?

I am sure this cable would be wonderful with the EX1000, the question is where to get the proper (and working) adapter?

https://www.amazon.com/Sony-MUC-M12SB1-SONY-Headphone-cable/dp/B01M3TK66F

Jan 7, 2019 at 8:28 AM Post #3,918 of 4,748
This question has been asked already, but I would like to repeat it, hoping there is a definitive solution by now.

Are there relatively low cost EX1000 to MMCX adapters on the market and where?

I am sure this cable would be wonderful with the EX1000, the question is where to get the proper (and working) adapter?

https://www.amazon.com/Sony-MUC-M12SB1-SONY-Headphone-cable/dp/B01M3TK66F
The question has been asked and answered many time, in the thread, just look back within the thread.

Jan 8, 2019 at 11:37 PM Post #3,919 of 4,748
For anyone who's owned and loved the EX1000's whats a noticeable upgrade to these?
I would think a pair in the $2k price range.

Jan 8, 2019 at 11:41 PM Post #3,920 of 4,748
For anyone who's owned and loved the EX1000's whats a noticeable upgrade to these?
I would think a pair in the $2k price range.

From everything I've read, the empire ears nemesis or phantom were where I would go myself. Or the campfire Solaris. But, havnt heard any, and dont have that kind of money , just thought id throw out the ones ive "investigated".

Jan 9, 2019 at 7:13 AM Post #3,921 of 4,748
From everything I've read, the empire ears nemesis or phantom were where I would go myself. Or the campfire Solaris. But, havnt heard any, and dont have that kind of money , just thought id throw out the ones ive "investigated".

100% agree. But if you like bass, the Nemesis eats the Solaris for breakfast in that regard.

Jan 9, 2019 at 9:25 PM Post #3,924 of 4,748
I would go with finding better source than replacing ex1000. For me personally they are better than Andro, Atlas, U18, Trio, Solaris...

Yeah i have no question in comparison to the mentioned IEM's. I'm just wondering if there's a step up from these. Look at my signature for a list of my gear, source is not my concern. The Empire Ears Legend X does sound compelling.

Jan 9, 2019 at 10:06 PM Post #3,925 of 4,748

Wait, I wouldn’t call the Phantom or Nemesis an upgrade to the EX1000 (they don’t even sound very similar?). Can’t comment on Solaris, since I haven’t heard it yet.

Jan 9, 2019 at 11:39 PM Post #3,926 of 4,748
Wait, I wouldn’t call the Phantom or Nemesis an upgrade to the EX1000 (they don’t even sound very similar?). Can’t comment on Solaris, since I haven’t heard it yet.

It said upgrade, not necessarily same Sig. From everything I researched those were tbe ones I was personally looking at. BUT, thats when I was thinking of selling 1.5k worth of other gear, and I dont want to anymore. As stated, ive never heard any of the iems I mentioned, but that damn nemesis is intriguing. I think its overpriced along with almost all flagships these days but, cant do much about that. One thing I will mention is, if this moondrop kanas pro is really a good deal and meets expectations , I may end up buying a new flagship from them coming out tbd, it has 2 est tweeters, which could be amazing, or not . I just honestly dont want to know how much it costs to be "better" than the ex1k, id imagine quite a bit since it's just so good(to me).

Jan 10, 2019 at 12:04 AM Post #3,927 of 4,748
It said upgrade, not necessarily same Sig. From everything I researched those were tbe ones I was personally looking at. BUT, thats when I was thinking of selling 1.5k worth of other gear, and I dont want to anymore. As stated, ive never heard any of the iems I mentioned, but that damn nemesis is intriguing. I think its overpriced along with almost all flagships these days but, cant do much about that. One thing I will mention is, if this moondrop kanas pro is really a good deal and meets expectations , I may end up buying a new flagship from them coming out tbd, it has 2 est tweeters, which could be amazing, or not . I just honestly dont want to know how much it costs to be "better" than the ex1k, id imagine quite a bit since it's just so good(to me).

I was surprised you mentioned those two in particular because as someone who has the EX1000 and has listened to the Empire lineup, they aren't what you'd expect someone who likes the EX1000 to jump to. IMO all(?) of Empire's products are overpriced (and especially so where I live in Korea after the distributor markup), but I won't deny that they make some great IEMs.

Moondrop Solis, right? The 6BA + 2EST IEM. I'm pretty excited for that one too - given how well they tuned the Blessing.

Jan 10, 2019 at 12:21 AM Post #3,928 of 4,748
I was surprised you mentioned those two in particular because as someone who has the EX1000 and has listened to the Empire lineup, they aren't what you'd expect someone who likes the EX1000 to jump to. IMO all(?) of Empire's products are overpriced (and especially so where I live in Korea after the distributor markup), but I won't deny that they make some great IEMs.

Moondrop Solis, right? The 6BA + 2EST IEM. I'm pretty excited for that one too - given how well they tuned the Blessing.

Yup the solis! Glad to hear the EE is an,overpriced lineup, makes me glad I didnt jump in on something . At one point I was quite close to just buying the andromeda or up to 1.5k, but for whatever reason after a few weeks I calmed down and just waited. The ex1k is amazing for sure, my upgrade was more avout going to TOTL with a different presentation. I waz told the nemesis presented guitars very very realistic and aggressive. I listen to alot of prog metal, and tech death, among many many other genres of music. What I was looking for is something that does guitars really really well. See the ex1k, has all the details, but lacks the tone and engaging nature. I loved my magnum v4 build I had, but, they had way to many other flaws. But the tone and presentation was there to really pull you in, unfortunately the overall sound still didnt fit right with me. Lush mids with accurate engaging tone was what I was looking for. Andromeda was Recommend ed over and over again. Well, the kanas pro is said to be the DD version of the andromeda, comparing favorably to the ex1k in terms of performance. I shall see hopefully soon. Dhl uodated tracking to jan 15th delivery. I just dont see how it actually gets better than the ex1k. What have you heard that could be considered "better"?

Jan 10, 2019 at 1:17 AM Post #3,930 of 4,748
Wonder what makes these so great?

Men behind Moondrop company. They pursuit harman target as close as possible. I think they have good experience at tuning iem. Even on Crinacle's list, moondrop blessing got A- sitting down between other pricier iems and described as "closest to harman target"

Dhl uodated tracking to jan 15th delivery. I just dont see how it actually gets better than the ex1k. What have you heard that could be considered "better"?

really cant wait your impression, from the guy that has both kanas pro and ex1000.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back