Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Jan 6, 2015 at 10:19 AM Post #19,261 of 41,068
for now, anyway...no winners!

Jan 6, 2015 at 11:30 AM Post #19,262 of 41,068
  nice point.. actually I'm using two different configurations:
with HD800 I prefer Kenrad VT231 drivers and Airtech Omega Strong RCA cables: it's like listening to a lighter and more comfortable audeze!! low frequencies are rich and deep, the soundstage remains enormous and high frequencies are ... perfect.
With LCD3, in these last days, I've found a very good solution: Shuguang drivers, Audioquest King Cobra RCA cables and a DIY discouplig solution under WA5: stone (ardesia)-neoprene-stone. Next week I'll try some Ceraballs under CDP: the sound is magic, not so coloured as it was with the other configuration, that works heavenly with HD800
sorry for my bad english
size]

Im thinking of getting some Elrog 300b's there are a few on the woo thread who are saying that the elrogs are as good or better than the WE 300b! Also gonna use TS 6f8g driver  and CV593 or a brimar for rect

Jan 6, 2015 at 12:52 PM Post #19,263 of 41,068
are these ideas of tube rolling referred to wa5/lcd3 combo?

Jan 7, 2015 at 7:08 AM Post #19,264 of 41,068

I hear you bundy, all the best to you in your fight!

I also suffer from 2 chronic conditions. When the first (Chrohn's Disease) started, I was 11, and during my teenage years I was often socially isolated because of it - and that's when my love for music really started. My 2nd condition is a chronic joint condition (ankylosing spondilitis), which meant chronic joint pains for the last 10 years. Again, music is a life force.

Never a truer word said, my condition has very much socially isolated me. Before the accident i had numerous friends & a busy social life. Wow wot a change 10yrs makes eh. Thank heaven for music & sites like Head fi you have kept me sane on many painful sleepless nights. I found this site by accident i just wanted a okish headphones to listen too music without waking my wife now 2 years later i have a dac,tube headphone amp & 4 pairs of headphones ( plus many different tubes & op amps) . So now it's not only the music i have been bitten by the tube rolling bug & i love it.... Thanks Head fi & everyone in this group. 

Jan 7, 2015 at 7:36 AM Post #19,265 of 41,068
I understand. My health isn't what it used to be, putting it mildly, and I have to deal with constant discomfort. Being able to zone into the music really helps the time go by.

Thank you for understanding that means so much. I am sorry your health is not great, i hope you find some comfort & i agree music helps take your mind off the pain. But wot started as googling some reasonable headphones has led me into the world of head fi. From wanting headphones i could use in bed at night without waking my wife too now i have a dac, tube headphone amp & 4 pairs of headphones. Plus some tubes for tube rolling & always on the hunt for more. So i don't know if music will really sooth the savage beast? But it does help dull my pain. Thank heaven for that. 

Jan 7, 2015 at 9:08 PM Post #19,266 of 41,068
Don't want to keep derailing this thread, but as someone going through a rough patch health wise as well as dealing with chronic conditions and anxiety, music is often what keeps me going.  I have had chronic problems for 15+ years and have only recently started learning the roots of the problems; bulged discs in my neck causing headaches, crohn's disease, and recently some arthritis and now I'm having my thyroid checked.  Hoping to get a handle on things, but strong family support and music keep me positive and getting up to fight every day.

No pictures as I'm completely mobile, but my listening is 80% through my B&W P7's, either direct from my MacBook, through my Dragonfly, or through my NuForce ICON IDO.  I also have some Beats Studio Wireless and Senn HD650's.  I'm not an overly analytical listener, I lean towards fun, musical headphones.

I'm interested in trying out Sony MDR-Z7's, Denon AH-D600's and Shure SRH1540's.  

Jan 7, 2015 at 9:12 PM Post #19,267 of 41,068

When I read "have some Beats Studio Wireless and Senn HD650's.  I'm not an overly analytical listener, I lean towards fun, musical headphones."  I thought for sure you were going to mention Grados.  Hmm.

Jan 7, 2015 at 9:24 PM Post #19,268 of 41,068

When I read "have some Beats Studio Wireless and Senn HD650's.  I'm not an overly analytical listener, I lean towards fun, musical headphones."  I thought for sure you were going to mention Grados.  Hmm.

Never looked much into Grado's.  Not even sure why.  They just never caught my eye.  How would they fit in with the others I've brought up?  Particularly the P7 as that seems to be made for me.  I've tried Momentum over and on ear, NAD HP50's... I think a few others that are escaping me right now.

Jan 7, 2015 at 9:32 PM Post #19,269 of 41,068

Never looked much into Grado's.  Not even sure why.  They just never caught my eye.  How would they fit in with the others I've brought up?  Particularly the P7 as that seems to be made for me.  I've tried Momentum over and on ear, NAD HP50's... I think a few others that are escaping me right now.

I have no axe to grind.  Some find the on the ear Grados uncomfortable.  I solved that with the over the ear G-Cushions.  I don't listen that much to rock guitar but folks say that the Grados shine on those kinds of things.  As in, fun.

Jan 7, 2015 at 9:51 PM Post #19,270 of 41,068

My Current home set up, "the headphones I generally prefer lately". WA7 + WA7tp, PS500s and LCD2(Fazors).

Jan 7, 2015 at 9:52 PM Post #19,271 of 41,068

I have no axe to grind.  Some find the on the ear Grados uncomfortable.  I solved that with the over the ear G-Cushions.  I don't listen that much to rock guitar but folks say that the Grados shine on those kinds of things.  As in, fun.

I only heard one Grado-related headphones in my life - my special "Alessandro MS-1000" with the Jaben red metal cups. It has the Grado drivers from a modest Alessandro MS-1 (with a bass port mod), in custom large red metal cups of similar shape/size as the PS-1000, with a new comfy headband and G-cush jumbo pads.

The result is a very special and awesome headphone, the sound is incredibly sweet, especially for rock. I wanted to have them as my office headphones but those I share an office were none too happy given the terrible isolation...  :)

I am so impressed with the sound of this modded beauty, I'd love to compare it to Grado's TOTL headphones - but as of yet I never had a chance to listen to any of them.

Jan 7, 2015 at 10:25 PM Post #19,272 of 41,068

I almost spit up my drink when I read that, I laughed out loud 
eek.gif

Jan 7, 2015 at 10:44 PM Post #19,273 of 41,068

My Current home set up, "the headphones I generally prefer lately". WA7 + WA7tp, PS500s and LCD2(Fazors).

Oooo, nice layout.  Congrats.

Jan 8, 2015 at 12:44 AM Post #19,274 of 41,068
Where does the "U" go in your Head-Fi SetUp?

More clearly, where and on what do you sit/sprawl/lie? Several of the stations are at a desk, which to me implies that you listen while sitting on a desk chair at the desk. Often there is a computer at the desk. Does that mean that you work (or play) at the computer while listening? Do you sit with the attentive posture associated with keyboard typing?

Or do you sit on a big armchair, perhaps that reclines and has a footrest?

I have recently changed from listening at my computer desk to listening in an easy chair. I still have a listening station at each place. It is amazing how much better the system at the lounge chair is to listen to than the desk system.

How about you?

Jan 8, 2015 at 1:09 AM Post #19,275 of 41,068
Where does the "U" go in your Head-Fi SetUp?

More clearly, where and on what do you sit/sprawl/lie? Several of the stations are at a desk, which to me implies that you listen while sitting on a desk chair at the desk. Often there is a computer at the desk. Does that mean that you work (or play) at the computer while listening? Do you sit with the attentive posture associated with keyboard typing?

Or do you sit on a big armchair, perhaps that reclines and has a footrest?

I have recently changed from listening at my computer desk to listening in an easy chair. I still have a listening station at each place. It is amazing how much better the system at the lounge chair is to listen to than the desk system.

How about you?

Great Post. Here's mine: Herman Miller (the empty chair, not the IKEA chair that my annoying cat is sleeping in)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back