Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Jan 3, 2015 at 3:58 PM Post #19,246 of 41,220

ZmfxVibro with Burson HA160DS and Audio-gd Digital Interface, lovin' it ! 
smily_headphones1.gif

Hi, Tasoeur. Can you comment on the benefits of the Digital interface please? I am interested in knowing what it does to improve the sound. Thank you.

Jan 3, 2015 at 4:30 PM Post #19,247 of 41,220
I had a lot of interference (EMI I guess) when I was connecting my Burson directly to my PC so I bought this digital interface to get a perfectly clean signal !

I can't say much about it, it does his job ! You'll find more information reading this thread : http://www.head-fi.org/t/500369/audio-gd-digital-interface 

smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 4, 2015 at 5:11 PM Post #19,249 of 41,220
I love the Concerto, too. Compared to the Vio, it sounds more forward with a "sunny," vivid presentation. The Vio, OTOH, is much warmer sounding. Their detail retrieval is about equal; the Corda wears it on its proverbial sleeve, while the Vio is more reserved sounding at first listen. The Concerto has the best bass quality of all of my amps; the Vio has more quantity. The Vio also excels in its projection of depth and space. I really like having both.

Thanks for the comment. I have the Concerto and the Classic, and I was reading about the Vio for a while and was wondering how much better can they get compared to the trusty Meiers...

Jan 4, 2015 at 6:53 PM Post #19,250 of 41,220
Thanks for the comment. I have the Concerto and the Classic, and I was reading about the Vio for a while and was wondering how much better can they get compared to the trusty Meiers...

I'm very curious about the Classic. A close friend liked the Concerto so much that he bought a Classic, but he's yet to let me borrow it. Do you find that the Classic offers a significant upgrade next to the Concerto?

Jan 4, 2015 at 7:00 PM Post #19,252 of 41,220
I'm very curious about the Classic. A close friend liked the Concerto so much that he bought a Classic, but he's yet to let me borrow it. Do you find that the Classic offers a significant upgrade next to the Concerto?

I'd say, more of a side-grade. I also loved the Concerto so much that I bought the Classic when I came across it at a good price on the for sale section. In terms of sound, I find that the Concerto has got that crisp edge to the sound, whereas with the Classic, the mids a touch smoother. But in general the sound is very close.

In terms of the extra features, I find that I don't really use them that much. I never use the middle crossfeed option for example, I only alternate between off and high crossfeed, which resembles the Concerto crossfeed. I found that the "bass compensator"  is not really needed, as the sound is just much better and more neutral without it, and the bass sounds beautiful out of my main headphone (HE-500) without it, and I don't feel like it adds anything.

This might be an indication that the crossfeed is slightly better implemented on the Classic, because, before I had the Classic, I used to feel like the Concerto could use a slight push in the low freqs while the crossfeed is on. But with the Classic it just sounds best without it.

Jan 4, 2015 at 7:04 PM Post #19,253 of 41,220
Please don't be sad that was not my intention. This is my way of dealing with the pain, it's 6.52 am & my pain is very bad so no chance of sleep. With my headphones, Pink Floyd & Head Fi the time has flown by. I think it helps me more than most of the medication i am on.Thank you for your comment on my little set up it's not much but i really enjoy it & between the tube rolling, changing op amps there is so many ways of changing the sound it's cool. Thanks bundy 

I understand. My health isn't what it used to be, putting it mildly, and I have to deal with constant discomfort. Being able to zone into the music really helps the time go by.

Jan 4, 2015 at 7:15 PM Post #19,254 of 41,220
  Please don't be sad that was not my intention. This is my way of dealing with the pain, it's 6.52 am & my pain is very bad so no chance of sleep. With my headphones, Pink Floyd & Head Fi the time has flown by. I think it helps me more than most of the medication i am on.Thank you for your comment on my little set up it's not much but i really enjoy it & between the tube rolling, changing op amps there is so many ways of changing the sound it's cool. Thanks bundy 

I hear you bundy, all the best to you in your fight!

I also suffer from 2 chronic conditions. When the first (Chrohn's Disease) started, I was 11, and during my teenage years I was often socially isolated because of it - and that's when my love for music really started. My 2nd condition is a chronic joint condition (ankylosing spondilitis), which meant chronic joint pains for the last 10 years. Again, music is a life force.

Jan 6, 2015 at 5:44 AM Post #19,255 of 41,220
hi all, here's my station:
- wooaudio WA5L, maxxed ,w/ Sophia Royal Princess 300b - Shuguang Treasure CV181Z or KENRAD VT231 - Sophia 274b
- cd player Audio Analogue Maestro SE

- rack Technium by Modular Technology with DIY shelves
- analogue cables by Airtech
- digital cables Audioquest Carbon
- digital interface Audio GD 
- htpc
- headphones: vegan LCD-3f w/ Cardas Clear Light cable and HD800 w/ Airtech - Furutech Carbon cable
[size=13.1428575515747px][/size]

Jan 6, 2015 at 5:55 AM Post #19,256 of 41,220
^^  Very...Very Nice!  ^^

Jan 6, 2015 at 6:09 AM Post #19,257 of 41,220
+1 :)

Jan 6, 2015 at 6:15 AM Post #19,258 of 41,220
beerchug.gif
k701smile.gif

Jan 6, 2015 at 9:31 AM Post #19,259 of 41,220
  hi all, here's my station:
- wooaudio WA5L, maxxed ,w/ Sophia Royal Princess 300b - Shuguang Treasure CV181Z or KENRAD VT231 - Sophia 274b
- cd player Audio Analogue Maestro SE

- rack Technium by Modular Technology with DIY shelves
- analogue cables by Airtech
- digital cables Audioquest Carbon
- digital interface Audio GD 
- htpc
- headphones: vegan LCD-3f w/ Cardas Clear Light cable and HD800 w/ Airtech - Furutech Carbon cable

What is the LCD3F like with the WA5? Do you prefer the HD800 or LCd with the woo? 

Jan 6, 2015 at 10:17 AM Post #19,260 of 41,220
nice point.. actually I'm using two different configurations:
with HD800 I prefer Kenrad VT231 drivers and Airtech Omega Strong RCA cables: it's like listening to a lighter and more comfortable audeze!! low frequencies are rich and deep, the soundstage remains enormous and high frequencies are ... perfect.
With LCD3, in these last days, I've found a very good solution: Shuguang drivers, Audioquest King Cobra RCA cables and a DIY discouplig solution under WA5: stone (ardesia)-neoprene-stone. Next week I'll try some Ceraballs under CDP: the sound is magic, not so coloured as it was with the other configuration, that works heavenly with HD800
sorry for my bad english
size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back