Sennheiser IE7 Appreciation Thread ~~~
Apr 28, 2009 at 6:35 AM Post #91 of 817
Guys, knock some sense into me.
triportsad.gif
triportsad.gif
triportsad.gif
So far, I've had about 20 hours on the IE7 and the lack of clarity (highs) is really making me wish I went for the IE8s! Seriously considering to sell these and go for them..

I know 20 hours isn't much but will 150+ hours improve the IE7 by the large of a margin? I am kind of doubtful of it.

Apr 28, 2009 at 7:21 AM Post #93 of 817
I agree... it is a dynamic driver... give it at least 50-100 hours.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 28, 2009 at 2:54 PM Post #94 of 817
Yeah, definitely give it more time, 20 hours is nothing lol.

It took me about 150 hours I think to really see a change. Then at 200-250 they sound amazing.

Apr 28, 2009 at 4:16 PM Post #95 of 817
OK, you guys have sucked me in. I am ordering the IE7's today.

Apr 28, 2009 at 4:53 PM Post #97 of 817
Quote:

Originally Posted by Il Mostro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OK, you guys have sucked me in. I am ordering the IE7's today.

Before you do, you can save $$$ by buying mine. Check the link below. They are excellent phones, but mine were an impulse buy.

Wow, that is the lowest post number-to-membership time ratio I have ever seen. Anyway, my deal is a good one.

Apr 28, 2009 at 4:59 PM Post #98 of 817
Hi guys. I really like my ie7s, but the nozzle seems to be too short and too wide. I think I can only have one or the other, but not both, if that makes sense. So I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem, and if so what did you do?

Apr 28, 2009 at 5:07 PM Post #99 of 817
Not sure I understand. Definitely need some explanation. The IE7 nozzles are relatively short and about as wide (circumference-wise) as an IEM can get, in fact, they are more canal phones than IEMs. Is one different than the other, if so, the end of the IE7 can snap off.

Apr 28, 2009 at 5:29 PM Post #102 of 817
Quote:

Originally Posted by specialx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi guys. I really like my ie7s, but the nozzle seems to be too short and too wide. I think I can only have one or the other, but not both, if that makes sense. So I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem, and if so what did you do?

tried those tips from ebay (others also sort of worked but they were easily the best for me)

Apr 28, 2009 at 5:41 PM Post #103 of 817
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vladimir_F1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
sorry for your wallet )

You'd really pity me if I described the big-rig :)

Apr 28, 2009 at 5:43 PM Post #104 of 817
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Before you do, you can save $$$ by buying mine. Check the link below. They are excellent phones, but mine were an impulse buy.

Wow, that is the lowest post number-to-membership time ratio I have ever seen. Anyway, my deal is a good one.

I've been pretty content with my headphones so I haven't been around. Too many other things on my plate. I ordered them for $149.99 at Newegg but thanks for the offer.

Apr 28, 2009 at 6:09 PM Post #105 of 817
Yeah, I checked Newegg but can't seem to find that deal. Will be sending mine back to Soundearphones, I guess, and get the same price I was asking. Didn't expect their price to drop through the floor (relatively speaking). Just bad timing. Wonder if this is a one-off or a sign that the Senns are going to start crashing in price? Good for buyers.

Update: Deal is apparently over, though the IE6 is still on sale. Must have been a "half-day" sale.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back