Sennheiser IE7 Appreciation Thread ~~~
Apr 20, 2009 at 7:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 817

ChroniCali

1000+ Head-Fier
Who else loves their IE7? I sure do!

Soundstage is amazing and they are pretty forgiving on bad recordings... which I unfortunately have a lot of. The bass is very present yet very punchy, but I do still need to EQ up the bass and treble. The warm sound signature makes me happy, I am starting to think that I am a Sennheiser type of person when it comes to sound signature.

Love the efficiency on these and the lesser isolation doesn't bother me, at least I'll know when someone's shouting at me at school.
smily_headphones1.gif

Show some love for your IEMs. I know mine will sure be staying for quite some time, especially with the low low price that I paid for them.
wink.gif

Apr 20, 2009 at 10:45 AM Post #4 of 817
Mark, I see that you own the Denon C751.
Would you say that the IE7 is a big step up from the Denons?

I like the bass of my C700 but they are quite big (stick out of my ears) and from the pics I have seen the IE7 seem a lot smaller. Also, how is the soundstage compared to the Denons?

Cheers.

Apr 20, 2009 at 2:26 PM Post #6 of 817
i seem to listen to classical much more often these days over c-pops. the ie7 renders instrument nicely but this does reveal the simplicity in c-pop while putting a neutral emphasis in vocal(pretty much the bread and butter for c-pop)... this makes my bose OE more fun to listen to.

Apr 20, 2009 at 2:57 PM Post #7 of 817
Awesome to see an appreciation thread for the IE7. Next one is the IE6, the seemingly forgotten sibling in the IE range, and the threesome will be complete.

Apr 20, 2009 at 5:33 PM Post #10 of 817
To save me making a new thread, could someone help me with a problem I'm having related to the IE7's?

I'm not 100% sure if it's the IE7's themselves, or the tips that I'm using (T400's)

I'm getting a problem with isolation, I can still hear most of the sound around me, more than it being blocked out, it is just reduced.

Could anyone recommend me some very large tips for the IE7's as every tip I've used (all the stock IE7's, and the T400's, don't seem to be able to keep a consistent seal, paticularly in the right ear, which I made a thread about last week), and I think this may be down to me having very large ear canals.

Thanks for any help
smily_headphones1.gif

EDIT: Lastly, how much burn in do these require?

Apr 20, 2009 at 7:20 PM Post #12 of 817
Quote:

Originally Posted by younglee200 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do the Shure black olives fit in these? I have a set of custom tips coming for the 530s and is looking to buy another universal that will fit from these customs.

you might want to take off the clear plastic parts in order for it to fit ie7

i found that the ie7 has a really shallow fit to the ear and for me the bi-flanges doesn't extend well enough so only the mono tip(large) works

however, my ear canal is only medium size deeper in, that causes some difficult for a perfect fit.

some say sony's tip will work, but i don't know

Apr 20, 2009 at 7:46 PM Post #13 of 817
Quote:

Originally Posted by Samius /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To save me making a new thread, could someone help me with a problem I'm having related to the IE7's?

I'm not 100% sure if it's the IE7's themselves, or the tips that I'm using (T400's)

I'm getting a problem with isolation, I can still hear most of the sound around me, more than it being blocked out, it is just reduced.

Could anyone recommend me some very large tips for the IE7's as every tip I've used (all the stock IE7's, and the T400's, don't seem to be able to keep a consistent seal, paticularly in the right ear, which I made a thread about last week), and I think this may be down to me having very large ear canals.

Thanks for any help
smily_headphones1.gif

EDIT: Lastly, how much burn in do these require?

have you tried the ebay biflange tips?

i had similar fit issues till i tired them, they saved the 7's for me

Apr 20, 2009 at 8:06 PM Post #14 of 817
Quote:

Originally Posted by Samius /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lastly, how much burn in do these require?

I have 300+ hours of burn in on my set. You should start to notice a significant difference in sound after 200+ hours.

Apr 20, 2009 at 8:27 PM Post #15 of 817
i notice a warmer sound after an over-night burn in in the mid and high, hmm, maybe warmer* isn't the right word, but it becomes more complete unlike the time when i first receive it...

bass still need some time to smooth out but overall i am extremely pleased with the sound produce... only grunt i have against the ie7 is that their tips except for the 2large rubbers are next to useless for me

time: <20hrs... this iem will make me a classical lover damn it
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back