Sennheiser IE7 Appreciation Thread ~~~
Apr 29, 2009 at 1:50 PM Post #121 of 817
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vladimir_F1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I agree that it may look stylish
smily_headphones1.gif

But still i don't like earphones with sharp edges. It seems that it's a question of taste
smily_headphones1.gif

Yeah it really does depend on your taste, because while a lot of people think the IE6 looks good, I pretty much hate the looks lol
biggrin.gif
And the square looks of the IE8 just aren't my cup of tea.

Apr 29, 2009 at 5:25 PM Post #123 of 817
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Guess not. That was one strange sale.

It was a one-day sale and I caught it early the day after. Not the lottery, but the next best thing. :)

Apr 29, 2009 at 7:52 PM Post #125 of 817
Quote:

Didn't even last the entire day, unless they started it the day before, early. Sometimes newegg does that, though. Creates nice buzz, and keeps people going to the site.

I believe the IE6 may still be calling out to you.
L3000.gif
The perfect on-the-go phone. No amp, very good fit, small, light, and sturdy.

You've not owned the IE6, no?
wink.gif

Mostly joking but I know you like your headphones.
beerchug.gif

Apr 29, 2009 at 8:10 PM Post #126 of 817
Naw, not the 6. I just "rediscovered" the Image X10s, which I had put on the shelf a while back. They may be the dynamic phones I was seeking. A small switch to a different sized gel flange, and wow, they sound much better.

Anyway, I am still pink noising the IE7s in right now, but the bass is still just a little too much for me. The X10s are similar, but their bass is more controlled, in balance with the rest of the music.

Apr 29, 2009 at 8:30 PM Post #127 of 817
Quote:

Anyway, I am still pink noising the IE7s in right now,

Oh, I thought you'd shirked the 7s. I guess they could come into their own at the ~200hr point...

And yeah the 6's bass would probably be overwhelming to your tastes.

I missed the deep 7 discount so I deep sixed $129 for the IE6. I'll be a rare data point for that model.

Apr 30, 2009 at 3:14 AM Post #130 of 817
tstarn, have you tried the IE7s with any other tips? I found that the mid sized tips gave me a huge amount of bass compared to the large tips.

Apr 30, 2009 at 3:29 AM Post #131 of 817
I am using the Sony Hybrid larges, not the Senn OEM larges. Are you talking OEM or Sony Hybrid? I don't think it's the tips, but I will try all three sizes of the Sonys. I can't get a good seal with any of the supplied tips (already been through it with the IE8s). Not giving up, and rescinded my for sale post. I have almost a month to listen before I can return them, so I am going to keep burning for 5 days or more (maybe a full week) and then take a listen. Frustrated by the burn-in thing, as I was with the IE8s.

Anyway, I am going to do all I can to decide to keep them or return them. I just feel the bass is actually a little too prominent, and the mids/highs seem rough compared to the W3s (which may not be a fair comparison).

But thanks for the suggestion. I am going to try a lot of tips, but not until I burn them past the magic 200-hour mark.

Man, you have a nice smile (if that actually is you). Are you a major fan of the Guarneri String Quartet? I actually had to write a paper on them way back in 1972, if you can believe it. I saw them when in college.

Apr 30, 2009 at 3:51 AM Post #132 of 817
You're the 2nd person to comment on my smile in the last week =P.

I'm a major fan of Guarneri violins
wink.gif
I'm a violinist if you can't tell by now... I do like the Guarneri String Quartet though!

What college? Not a Harvard alum by any chance?

Edit: this is getting off topic... sorry guys

Apr 30, 2009 at 4:29 AM Post #133 of 817
beautiful smile, a lot of time get better effact over a beautiful face. that is why there is million dollar smile but not million dollar face other than the price of plastic surgery. be proud of your beautiful smile. many cant even rise the edge of their mouth not to mention how ugly it looks. we all love your smile Guarneri

bath to topic. I let a friend of mine tried my IE7. it is well burn-in one. he want heavy bass. he told me the bass on IE7 is not enough for him but to me the bass of IE7 is optimal. almost overwhelm if I use wrong EQ. he test it using iPod Touch. I don't have iPod Touch I don't know how iPod EQ its music. but my 5800XM give me good bass on IE7. although less still sufficient for my FPE (gray or black + Olive) I wonder why people want so much bass. what is the point of having music when bass almost cover all the detail of the music. or maybe they are better off with sound file with only bass. :p

he is in market for IEM with strong bass. IE6 will be better for him or Turbine since IE7 isn't strong enough for him.

too bad these day a lot of people waste the effort of musician where they put a lot of effort while all people can recognize is bass

Apr 30, 2009 at 7:27 AM Post #134 of 817
@tstarn06

keep burning in, i felt it really toned the bass down and tightened it up quite a bit. not sure if you remember me saying a few times when i first got that i really felt they were pushing the limits of the amount of bass i was happy with. now am much much happier with it

Apr 30, 2009 at 8:05 AM Post #135 of 817
Quote:

Naw, not the 6. I just "rediscovered" the Image X10s, which I had put on the shelf a while back. They may be the dynamic phones I was seeking. A small switch to a different sized gel flange, and wow, they sound much better.

Anyway, I am still pink noising the IE7s in right now, but the bass is still just a little too much for me. The X10s are similar, but their bass is more controlled, in balance with the rest of the music.

I thought Image were armature..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back