Sennheiser IE7 Appreciation Thread ~~~
Apr 25, 2009 at 7:43 AM Post #61 of 817
Quote:

Originally Posted by demo1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just got the IE7!! I was definitely impressed at the sound and comfort out of the box. Great lows (bass could be tighter), good mids but lacking highs. I turned "treble boost" on on my mp3 player which definitely helped. My hope is that with time (burn-in), the highs will come out and the bass will tighten.

But the good (and most important) thing is, I already like them over my UE Super .fi 5 Pro! So any ideas as to how I should burn em in? Pink noise? Bass tests? or just allow it to cycle through my library at random? Which is the best to 1) Bring out the highs and 2) tighten the bass?

beyersmile.png
beyersmile.png
beyersmile.png
beyersmile.png
:b eyersmile:
beyersmile.png

This was the exact impression I first had. After only 4 hours of burn in. The phones sound DRAMATICALLY better in the mids and highs and the bass has been tuned down and is tighter.

Apr 26, 2009 at 12:28 AM Post #64 of 817
Weird, but the second time I plugged them into my Touch 2G, the static noise was gone. Maybe they had some sort of weird coating on them, who knows? But only with the Touch, not the other DAPs. Makes no sense, but I am glad it's gone.

Apr 26, 2009 at 3:17 AM Post #66 of 817
tstarn06;5634376 said:
Fit: I instantly pulled off the dreadful OEM silicones (mediums, I believe) and installed my beloved Sony hybrid large (light green). Instant fit, just right. No hassle. Hardly can tell they are in my ears.
What are these tips you speak of?
I tried the sensaphonic seal test. I can hear both the 500 and 50hz frequency, but the 500hz is quite a bit louder. Maybe I need to try other tips.

Another question on fit, how many of us are using the ear guides. I haven't yet, and really don't want to, but is any one else? Will not using them influence the warranty?

Apr 26, 2009 at 3:22 AM Post #67 of 817
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
have you tried the ebay biflange tips?

i had similar fit issues till i tired them, they saved the 7's for me

What brand are these biflanges?

Apr 26, 2009 at 3:40 AM Post #68 of 817
imackler;5637231 said:
tstarn06;5634376 said:
Fit: I instantly pulled off the dreadful OEM silicones (mediums, I believe) and installed my beloved Sony hybrid large (light green). Instant fit, just right. No hassle. Hardly can tell they are in my ears. Quote:

What are these tips you speak of?
I tried the sensaphonic seal test. I can hear both the 500 and 50hz frequency, but the 500hz is quite a bit louder. Maybe I need to try other tips.

Another question on fit, how many of us are using the ear guides. I haven't yet, and really don't want to, but is any one else? Will not using them influence the warranty?

These are them, and they come in black and white. They just work for me, and a few others. They require a little muscle to get them on, but they do go on. I prefer the largest of the four, but I am sending the other sizes to other members who are using them with Senns and the Apple In-Ear Dual Driver phones. They also match up well with the Monster Turbines. Not sure why they work for me, but it might be the more rigid stem (color coded by size as you will see in the Amazon photos).

Amazon.com: Sony EPEX10A/WHI Hybrid Replacement Earbuds (White): Electronics

Amazon.com: Sony EPEX10A/BLK Hybrid Replacement Earbuds (Black): Electronics

As for the ear guides, I use the ones that came with my Phonaks, which I prefer to those clunky ones Senn sends. I had the IE8s and traded down (it is NFL draft day, right?), and never liked the Senn ear guides. The Phonak ones work better for me.

Apr 26, 2009 at 4:18 AM Post #69 of 817
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am not gonna waste time now trying to write any reviews, since there are enough here already. But I am going to hook the IE7s up to the pink noise machine, aka my desktop PC, this weekend and let them burn in for 24-48 hours.

frown.gif

Please, if you have a chance, update us with your thoughts on the IE7's as you've had more time to burn them in and gather impressions. There are actually very few thorough reviews of these earphones, and even less from those who have experience reviewing multiple IEM's.

Considering your experience with the W3 and the IE8, your thoughts would be especially valuable-

Anyways, enjoy!

Apr 26, 2009 at 6:00 AM Post #70 of 817
tstarn06;5637276 said:
imackler;5637231 said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Fit: I instantly pulled off the dreadful OEM silicones (mediums, I believe) and installed my beloved Sony hybrid large (light green). Instant fit, just right. No hassle. Hardly can tell they are in my ears.

These are them, and they come in black and white. They just work for me, and a few others. They require a little muscle to get them on, but they do go on. I prefer the largest of the four, but I am sending the other sizes to other members who are using them with Senns and the Apple In-Ear Dual Driver phones. They also match up well with the Monster Turbines. Not sure why they work for me, but it might be the more rigid stem (color coded by size as you will see in the Amazon photos).

Amazon.com: Sony EPEX10A/WHI Hybrid Replacement Earbuds (White): Electronics

Amazon.com: Sony EPEX10A/BLK Hybrid Replacement Earbuds (Black): Electronics

As for the ear guides, I use the ones that came with my Phonaks, which I prefer to those clunky ones Senn sends. I had the IE8s and traded down (it is NFL draft day, right?), and never liked the Senn ear guides. The Phonak ones work better for me.

I may need to try out some of those replacement buds... but hate buying that many at a time.

I also use those Audeo ear guides and they work like a dream! No more microphonics!
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 26, 2009 at 8:18 AM Post #71 of 817
IE7 gets more n more tamed with time...i have around 300 hours+ burn in and they sound so different from first day.

the bass is so tamed now...vocals have come out beautifully.

and they definitely sound a lot better with an amp on an ipod...the soundstage, the instrument separation and of course the highs.

Apr 26, 2009 at 2:55 PM Post #73 of 817
That is the same as the IE8s, so I may just have to keep mine hooked up to the pink noise machine for the next week or so, since right now, they still sound a little too bassy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nocturnal310 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
IE7 gets more n more tamed with time...i have around 300 hours+ burn in and they sound so different from first day.

the bass is so tamed now...vocals have come out beautifully.

and they definitely sound a lot better with an amp on an ipod...the soundstage, the instrument separation and of course the highs.

Apr 26, 2009 at 2:57 PM Post #74 of 817
Will do. My early impressions are I just prefer the IE7 sig over the IE8, due to more forward mids, but not fair to even make a judgment until the hallowed 300-hour burn-in is complete (I know, some Senn owners think it's mental, not physical, but why argue? I am just going to let them burn in full-time for a week or so).

I can already tell the W3s will remain my #1 IEM, but the IE7s are a great backup pair that don't require an amp.

Quote:

Originally Posted by roy_jones /img/forum/go_quote.gif
frown.gif

Please, if you have a chance, update us with your thoughts on the IE7's as you've had more time to burn them in and gather impressions. There are actually very few thorough reviews of these earphones, and even less from those who have experience reviewing multiple IEM's.

Considering your experience with the W3 and the IE8, your thoughts would be especially valuable-

Anyways, enjoy!

Apr 26, 2009 at 3:42 PM Post #75 of 817
After 50 hours or so, the IE7s are definitely sounding more and more smooth and forward in mids and highs. Bass as recessed A LOT. I'm actually hoping that the bass will come back a bit more after more burn-in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back