Schiit LYR + LCD-2
Dec 6, 2012 at 5:49 PM Post #61 of 78
Quote:
The LCD2.2s sound amazing out of a Lyr with Amerperex orange globe A-frames (or the Stock GEs for that matter).  The HD650s are beautiful with the Lyr, but the LCD2.2s are a significant step up and worth every penny.  Audeze has a great record of standing by their products and offers a three-year warranty.  Most of the products we discuss on headfi are nearly impossible to audition without going to a meet or purchasing.  Their liability insurance may not cover the public visiting, so when you bliss out listening to the LCDs and trip down the stairs--it doesn't take out the company. 

This was my post from the Lyr Tube rolling thread.
This topic bridges both threads and I apologize in advance for the redundancy.....

For me there are a couple of things here.  1) I haven't received a reply to emails sent on Monday.   Sales emails, not Support emails.
2) When I called in I asked for sales.  The person that answered the phone was.. what do you want?... I can help you.  OK it's a small company maybe the person that answers the phone handles sales.  I don't know.   It was clumsy dialog where I wasn't asked what product etc.   The person didn't try to "sell me."   Just clear the call.  3) If you buy it from the "factory" online you can return it within 30 days....... if you pay a 15% restock fee.

Audeze benefits wherever I may buy them.  Online or otherwise.   They gave me 2 dealers one an hour away and one 1.5 hours away in Los Angeles.  They were visit by appt.  It would not be fair to take up their time and purchase them elsewhere.

Since Audeze charges a 15% return fee, maybe they sell factory refurbs??

Dec 6, 2012 at 6:32 PM Post #62 of 78
Did you check your spam folder?  I just ordered a cable from them and it was shipped out immediately even though it was around the Thanksgiving holiday.  Maybe you caught them at a bad time.  People have had their share of issues with HiFiMAN, but they're basically a good company.

Dec 6, 2012 at 8:11 PM Post #63 of 78
Quote:
Did you check your spam folder?  I just ordered a cable from them and it was shipped out immediately even though it was around the Thanksgiving holiday.  Maybe you caught them at a bad time.  People have had their share of issues with HiFiMAN, but they're basically a good company.

Indeed.  I checked postini often.  Today I added them as an approved sender too.

Don't get me wrong.....  I will most likely, sorta, definitely be purchasing the LCD-2's
Almost pulled the trigger earlier.  I believe I will love them.

I've read the reviews for the HD800, HD700, Beyer T1, HiFiman HE-LE6.  The LCD2's were either directly reviewed or used for comparison to these cans.  Very little comments were negative.   Most thought they were very good value....There is a lot of love over at the Schiit Lyr Tube rolling thread. 

I'm crying because I wanted to drive over and hear them first.  On the Lyr thread  I was steered toward a couple of online venders that have a no nonsense return policy.  In fact http://soundearphones.com clearly states:

"Finding the perfect earphone is like cutting your hair over the phone, we get that.  We work really hard to make sure all of our customers are completely satisfied. Therefore, we will guarantee your satisfaction for up to 30 days (starting from the day you receive the item)."

That's upfront and very cool.  Not to mention they have Free Overnight Shipping.

Dec 6, 2012 at 10:41 PM Post #64 of 78
I received a reply.....  Since I torched them. it's only right that I post their reply.   I understand...

[size=medium] "I apologize for the delayed response. We usually dont get these type of requests, so it put our support folks in a fix. [/size]
[size=medium]  [/size]
[size=medium] We manufacture and assemble the headphones in fountain valley facility. This is not setup at the moment for retail. Moreover we dont have the necessary permits from the city and insurance to operate retail at this location. This is why we cannot accomodate potential customers from visiting/listening[/size]
[size=medium]  [/size]
[size=medium] Cable Company one of our dealers has a program where you can get an LCD2/3 and listen to it in your home and then make a decision on it. If you want, we can put you in touch with them, let us know.[/size]
[size=medium]  [/size]
[size=medium] thanks[/size]
[size=medium] Sankar"[/size]

Dec 6, 2012 at 11:56 PM Post #65 of 78
That was good of you to post the reply--figured it was something like that. Their interactions with you should leave you feeling valued and appreciated, so hopefully they've clued in their staff for the next time. I bought my LCD2.2s from Sound Earphones and they were great--free next day shipping and good communication. I highly recommend them. If you like the HD650, you'll love the LCD2.2--it improves on every aspect of the sound signature while remaining dark, warm, and lush. Somewhat heavier, but I find them very comfortable with the thick padded headband and cushy pads.

Dec 7, 2012 at 12:15 AM Post #66 of 78
I just don't understand the hifi man he6 love. Speaker taps!,,,no thank you.
he500s were ok, but imo they were ok. Gave them to my daughter and no big deal. I actually liked my dj750s about the same.I probably have too many hearing impairments after 40 years on motorcycles.But, I sure love thoses lcd 2.2s

Dec 7, 2012 at 12:27 AM Post #67 of 78
That was good of you to post the reply--figured it was something like that. Their interactions with you should leave you feeling valued and appreciated, so hopefully they've clued in their staff for the next time. I bought my LCD2.2s from Sound Earphones and they were great--free next day shipping and good communication. I highly recommend them. If you like the HD650, you'll love the LCD2.2--it improves on every aspect of the sound signature while remaining dark, warm, and lush. Somewhat heavier, but I find them very comfortable with the thick padded headband and cushy pads.

Thanks for the referral.

I can't wait to listen with them on my 62' Amprex 6922 USA
Perhaps I'll need to try a whole different suite of valves with them :)

Dec 7, 2012 at 12:56 AM Post #68 of 78
I got a set of 1959 Hollands on ebay for 56.00. Sometimes u get lucky!

Dec 7, 2012 at 1:17 AM Post #69 of 78
Just starting my collection and learning what's good what's ok and what the market value is.

SQ or PQ?

I got a set of 1959 Hollands on ebay for 56.00. Sometimes u get lucky!

Feb 15, 2013 at 2:19 PM Post #71 of 78
Mar 24, 2013 at 9:43 AM Post #73 of 78
Quote:
The LCD-2 and Lyr is a very good combo. The HE-6 and Lyr is less than ideal. While being adequately powered, the HE-6 is smeared and etched.

The HE-6 properly amped is much better than both LCD-2 and HE-500. You could argue LCD-3 and HE-6 are very close, but 
IMO, short of Stax no ortho, nor dynamic really touches the HE-6.

The HD-650 is much less exciting than both the LCD-2 and HE-500. Has sub-par bass with the exception of a mid-bass hump.

The HE-500 is very similar to LCD-2. Boast much smoother mids, but less impactful bass. Between these two, it's not a matter of which is better,
but which is preferred. 

Each of these headphones were very livable with the Lyr. the LCD-2 was excellent and most preferred.

Thank you. I just ordered the Lyr and have the LCD 2.2. Can't wait to get the amp 
L3000.gif

May 17, 2013 at 6:58 AM Post #74 of 78
Hello, I'm a new Bifrost Uber/Lyr/LCD-2.2 owner without a great deal of high end headphone experience, looking for some comments on my recent experience.

Got my LCD2 about a week ago and loved it immediately, even just driving it out of my laptop headphone out.

Just got my Bifrost and Lyr (with stock GE tubes) - haven't really burned anything in yet.

In many ways the LCD-2s really opened up immediately with this setup, as you would expect, but I did notice an immediate and quite noticeable loss of bass extension. 

Is this a common experience? I'm not a basshead, but I do listen to a wide variety of music including some bass heavy EDM (Datsik, etc).

Any feedback appreciated 8)

Dec 12, 2013 at 6:57 AM Post #75 of 78
  Hello, I'm a new Bifrost Uber/Lyr/LCD-2.2 owner without a great deal of high end headphone experience, looking for some comments on my recent experience.

Got my LCD2 about a week ago and loved it immediately, even just driving it out of my laptop headphone out.

Just got my Bifrost and Lyr (with stock GE tubes) - haven't really burned anything in yet.

In many ways the LCD-2s really opened up immediately with this setup, as you would expect, but I did notice an immediate and quite noticeable loss of bass extension. 

Is this a common experience? I'm not a basshead, but I do listen to a wide variety of music including some bass heavy EDM (Datsik, etc).

Any feedback appreciated 8)

I'm guessing you are using the stock GE 6B27 tubes?
I agree the bass with this combo needs to kick harder, although it does go very deep. Will be switching out to the Amperex Orange Globes to see if it improves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back