Schiit LYR + LCD-2
Oct 18, 2012 at 6:34 PM Post #31 of 78
thanks for the help guys,in a near future i will buy the mjolnir  and the ''closed'' lcd 2. and for the cables a toxic cables for the lcd 2 and dimarzio for the interconnets is a good choice ?thanks

Oct 18, 2012 at 6:43 PM Post #32 of 78
Quote:
thanks for the help guys,in a near future i will buy the mjolnir  and the ''closed'' lcd 2. and for the cables a toxic cables for the lcd 2 and dimarzio for the interconnets is a good choice ?thanks

You've got a ton of cable options. Toxic, Norse, Moonaudio, DHC, Q, etc etc etc.
Interconnects are just the same.

Oct 18, 2012 at 8:19 PM Post #34 of 78
Quote:
thanks,but if my budget cant afford the mjolnir the lyr is good enough to delivery 80 % of the lcd 2 ?thanks again

Yes. But please do try to get Mjolnir, overall value is quite significant for only a few $ more.

Oct 18, 2012 at 8:56 PM Post #35 of 78
yes,i think the same but i have to try the lcd 2 with lower quality amp like lyr or even the pan am,save money and upgrade for the mjolnir or even the coming schiit,audiophile hobby is just addictive and expensive :)

Oct 18, 2012 at 8:58 PM Post #36 of 78
Quote:
yes,i think the same but i have to try the lcd 2 with lower quality amp like lyr or even the pan am,save money and upgrade for the mjolnir or even the coming schiit,audiophile hobby is just addictive and expensive :)

Either way the LCD-2's will sound good. The Lyr is quite a fun amp, tube rolling and all.

Good luck and enjoy the journey! 
beerchug.gif

Oct 22, 2012 at 9:28 AM Post #38 of 78

If you haven't already ordered Lyr, ask Jason at Schiit if they have any B stock Mjolnir's. If so, get one! You'd still get the 5 year warranty as well as like $50 off the retail price! It's a extremely great deal that Schiit offers!

Thomas

Nov 28, 2012 at 6:20 PM Post #40 of 78
Quote:
How's the noise floor with the LCD-2 and Lyr with the stock tubes when no music is playing?  Is there any buzz or hum?

Not unless you have iffy tubes or ground loops.

Nov 29, 2012 at 6:39 PM Post #41 of 78
I have been reading this thread and was wondering which is better, the BHA-1 or the Mjolnir?  I am looking for an amp with balanced in and out, for future headphones.  Maybe the LCD 2.2.  I am going from a BDP-95 straight to the amp.  Hope I am not hijacking this thread!
Jason

Nov 29, 2012 at 11:55 PM Post #43 of 78
I have been reading this thread and was wondering which is better, the BHA-1 or the Mjolnir?  I am looking for an amp with balanced in and out, for future headphones.  Maybe the LCD 2.2.  I am going from a BDP-95 straight to the amp.  Hope I am not hijacking this thread!
Jason

Hey Jason, the Mjolnir is getting great reviews, and the fact the amp is made in USA is something to consider. The warranty is also pretty dang good, but if your budget is $700 ish then I would look at the Audio GD, Violectric, and M3/Beta22.

Thomas

Dec 1, 2012 at 2:41 AM Post #45 of 78
I just bought the LYR and received it today. Let it burn the whole morning/afternoon with my LCD-2. Sounds quite nice compared to what I had before. Hope it opens up a little with even more burn-in. Very pleased so far. I'm scared to even look at the LYR rolling tube post as I have no idea what I'm looking at.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back