sansa clip+ vs. sony x1060
Aug 8, 2010 at 5:12 AM Post #31 of 37
Cowons are great players - the one thing I didn't like was their interface, though, from experience with the i9 and D2.

Aug 9, 2010 at 10:37 PM Post #32 of 37
The all FLASH UCI of the S9 and J3 is on a higher tier for usability and beauty than any player I have ever had the opportunity of using... iTouch included.

Aug 10, 2010 at 7:58 AM Post #34 of 37
I didn't like Cowon's UI and wouldn't get another one. It's ok with the E2 because it doesn't really have an UI.

The X is better imo for simplicity of use.

Aug 10, 2010 at 9:59 AM Post #35 of 37
Have you tried and S9 or a J3?... reading reviews of Cowon players, it sems that most of them have very poorly made iterfaces... Not so with the J3 and S9. Yes the default interface is kludgy and weak, but with 40+ options for its modular custom interfaces, I believe there is really no reason to use the default one.

I have not used an X series Walkman, and so can't compare the two; just wondering though:

1. Can you control music playback (prev. next, play/pause) from the file browser (aka the music selection screen) and does the file browser let you control the speed of scrolling, size/color of font, ect.

2. Does the X support Album Art gestures? For example, I can slide my finger up or down to change the volume, tap to play/pause, and swipe left/right to go to another track (forward or backward, or swipe both ways to get a random track)

3. Can you control music playback from the Main Menu?

4. Are playback controls usable when the screen is off?

Simplicity wise, I guess the Clip+ probably has me S9 beat... Too many options!

Aug 10, 2010 at 12:50 PM Post #36 of 37
I did try out an S9 back in 08 and it felt plasticky. I preferred the P3 I had to the S9.

1 Not that I'm aware of.

2 Some album art gestures

3 No

4 Yes.

The Clip+ almost has too many options for me with Rockbox - I'm spoiled by how good it is, so I mostly leave my saved settings alone.

I had an i9 and while it sounded good everything else about it was poor.

Aug 10, 2010 at 12:54 PM Post #37 of 37
It is plasticky... Especially compared to the Sony, with its faux granite sides and metal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back