sansa clip+ vs. sony x1060
Feb 8, 2010 at 10:40 AM Post #16 of 37
guys again thanks for all the help, but no one answered my main question!
tongue.gif
can it drive big headphones with high impedance?

Feb 8, 2010 at 12:08 PM Post #17 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by ramintop /img/forum/go_quote.gif
guys again thanks for all the help, but no one answered my main question!
tongue.gif
can it drive big headphones with high impedance?

If you mean 600 Ohm high, the answer is no.

If you mean 80 Ohm high, the answer is yes.

The X Series has one of the most powerful, if not THE most powerful amp among all DAPs.

Feb 8, 2010 at 6:53 PM Post #18 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Szadzik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you mean 600 Ohm high, the answer is no.

If you mean 80 Ohm high, the answer is yes.

The X Series has one of the most powerful, if not THE most powerful amp among all DAPs.

thats really good to hear, thanks.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 12, 2010 at 4:21 AM Post #19 of 37
I can easily recommend RoCoo A or Hippo Gumstick. They are almost as good as X1000 and cost less than 100€.

Jul 12, 2010 at 11:36 PM Post #21 of 37
My Rockboxed Clip+ drives my Sennheiser HD 25's easily and they are 70omhs. Sure it doesn't go as loud as my iPod 5.5g for example but it still produces deafening volume levels.

Jul 14, 2010 at 9:39 AM Post #22 of 37
Two very differing players - I like them both, but the Sony edges it for me.

Aug 4, 2010 at 11:21 AM Post #24 of 37
The S:Flo 2 has one of the most powerful Headphone-Outs I have come across. It can drive my HD650s OK. I don't know if the UI will suit you though. Not as expensive as the Sony X.

Aug 5, 2010 at 2:24 PM Post #25 of 37
I have both DAPs - it's hard to say which sounds better. I got bored with both of them and now mostly listen to my U5. Go figure.

Aug 6, 2010 at 8:05 AM Post #26 of 37
I went with the Sansa players.  I was thinking about a Walkman, but their lack of on-the-go playlists kind of turned me off..
frown.gif

And I believe they don't support gapless playback, which is also a bummer.  (correct me if I'm wrong on this one)

Aug 6, 2010 at 10:59 AM Post #27 of 37
No gapless on the Walkman.

Aug 7, 2010 at 1:03 PM Post #28 of 37
I have both, and I was surprised at how good the clip+ sounds, but it I leave it at work with cheaper headphones.  My sony is tons better, no questions to my ears. I listened to both with ms1's (my favorite headphones so far) and there is no contest between the two.

Aug 7, 2010 at 7:53 PM Post #29 of 37
hi guys, thanks for all the help! I ended up buying both lol. first of all clip+ has no right of sounding so good! the sound is excellent for the price but I agree the sony is even better, there's something about the sound its like when I'm hearing the same song and I switch to the sony the sound is more natural, clip+ sounds digital in comparison. what impressed me about the clip though is that its more powerful than the sony! it can drive my ultrasones really well. overall I'm glad I bought both.

Aug 7, 2010 at 7:59 PM Post #30 of 37
If you liked the Cowon D2, why not get something from the same brand that you know will sound good? I would recommend the S9 or the J3 as likely better on the interface and EQ fronts than the Walkman X, but not so good if you like a flat EQ or leave it at normal... also, the Cowon screens are better than the Sony X, and the battery lasts longer. Sansa Clip+ seems like a great value though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back