Sansa Clip+ Impressions
Mar 14, 2011 at 7:50 PM Post #181 of 317
Guys, a question:

I am looking to get one of those Clip+ players :) I've managed to test one in a local electronics store and I've found one think that bugged me.

Let's say that I have a full memory worth of MP3s playing on random. I'm jogging on the sunny day, the music's playing gently one song after the other, everything is pretty and beautiful. Suddenly I realize that I feel like I'd like to listen to one particular song I have on my player. So I enter the menu, navigate to the song through the Artist -> Album -> Song submenus and select it to play.
And now it's the funny thing - when I tried such thing on the Clip I was toying with, it suddenly 'forgot' that I have other MP3s on the device, and when the selected song ended it didn't go to the next (random one from the memory). It just stopped at the end of the song and I had to enter the menu and select "play all" from the menus. My old iRiver didn't behave like that - when it was set to 'random' it just shuffled to the next song even if the song which just ended was selected manually.

My question: I didn't had much time in store to assess the situation properly, so I ask you: if this behaviour is normal or is it a bug in the early firmware? Is there a way to acheve the aforementioned 'iRiver-style behaviour' on the Clip? 

Apr 4, 2011 at 4:32 PM Post #182 of 317
Try putting "shuffle all".

Quote:
Guys, a question:

I am looking to get one of those Clip+ players :) I've managed to test one in a local electronics store and I've found one think that bugged me.

Let's say that I have a full memory worth of MP3s playing on random. I'm jogging on the sunny day, the music's playing gently one song after the other, everything is pretty and beautiful. Suddenly I realize that I feel like I'd like to listen to one particular song I have on my player. So I enter the menu, navigate to the song through the Artist -> Album -> Song submenus and select it to play.
And now it's the funny thing - when I tried such thing on the Clip I was toying with, it suddenly 'forgot' that I have other MP3s on the device, and when the selected song ended it didn't go to the next (random one from the memory). It just stopped at the end of the song and I had to enter the menu and select "play all" from the menus. My old iRiver didn't behave like that - when it was set to 'random' it just shuffled to the next song even if the song which just ended was selected manually.

My question: I didn't had much time in store to assess the situation properly, so I ask you: if this behaviour is normal or is it a bug in the early firmware? Is there a way to acheve the aforementioned 'iRiver-style behaviour' on the Clip? 

Apr 6, 2011 at 8:06 AM Post #183 of 317
i also recently got a sansa clip+ 8gb and love it, i never found it veiled, rockbox it and it's good, prefer it to iPods mainly because of the amout of settings and things to mess about with. And the size is very good, it's tiny, and i hook it up to a cmoy and it works a treat. You can't go wrong at the price of the clip+

Oct 2, 2011 at 10:04 PM Post #188 of 317
so i heard there is a new clip+ coming out soon. what's the name of it? when is it coming out?

EDIT: found out it's call the clip zip did anyone try it yet?

Oct 2, 2012 at 1:00 PM Post #191 of 317
I have the clip+ since last year and im really love it.

I did read that many people saying "many people overrating the clip+" and i did read that they say it, because it's probably can't be a good player, because it's cheap, and the RMAA tests doesn't mean anything. Yes, those are mean everything, that's why is there. And i had seen "THAT" test about the hifiman. I'm a bit surprised, but not too much... IMHO a flat mp3 player is the best mp3 player, since almost everyone coloring it with something, like EQ or AMP (even the hifiman... who knows why) and they say there is no best mp3 player, it's about "what you like". I think is not, or course it's have best, best sounding, best UI, best build quality...

So i just wanted to say that don't underestimate that little guy, just because it's small. Smaller components mean shorter path from IC to IC, what is mean less route for the electric power and it means less interference so i could understand why the hifiman is not as responsive and more distorted than the clip.

Oct 2, 2012 at 6:07 PM Post #192 of 317
???? You like specs but think a minutely greater track lengths will cause distortion? I can't believe the amount of rationalizations I read daily on headfi.

The clip+ is great for it's purpose and good sounding but not special other than in it's cost/size/performance envelope. It's a bit veiled next to some others but so what? It's fab for farting around and just clipping it to your shirt sleve etc.

Jul 27, 2013 at 8:23 AM Post #193 of 317
I just bought a refurbished Sansa Clip+, Sansa Clip Zip and Sansa Fuze+ and I'm in love with these little things!
I already rockboxed the Clip+ and it happily plays 24/96 FLAC files. My Colorfly C3 and CK4 can't even do that!
The interface is great too (the original and the rockbox). Even the bundled earbuds are quite good. I have better but still...
Refurbished I paid EUR 20,- for each of these.
I wish I would have bought these much earlier.

Jul 27, 2013 at 8:30 AM Post #194 of 317
Quote:
I just bought a refurbished Sansa Clip+, Sansa Clip Zip and Sansa Fuze+ and I'm in love with these little things!
I already rockboxed the Clip+ and it happily plays 24/96 FLAC files. My Colorfly C3 and CK4 can't even do that!
The interface is great too (the original and the rockbox). Even the bundled earbuds are quite good. I have better but still...
Refurbished I paid EUR 20,- for each of these.
I wish I would have bought these much earlier.

So does it sound better to you than those Colorfly players?

Jul 27, 2013 at 8:37 AM Post #195 of 317
Quote:
So does it sound better to you than those Colorfly players?

I used them only for a few moments. Just Rockboxed the Zip too, yowsah!
At this moment I can't say any more than "they sound great".
My ears aren't trained enough and time was too short. I doubt however that these will sound better than the Colorflies. That would be very bad.
I have no complaints about the Colorflies sound wise but the user interface and the compatibility is lacking. I hope there comes a time our Chinese friends learn to do that better.

Being able to tinker with things like Stereo wideness and crossfeed can help you set the device to your liking (it can also help you rape your music <grin>). I'm sold for sure! I think the Zip is the hostess with the mostes,
After listening some more to the bundled earbuds I like them even more. My Yuin PK2's are better but not that much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back