[REVIEW] Logitech UE9000 - Ultimate Ears HEADPHONES Released! The UE4000, UE6000 and the UE9000 - Impressions Thread
Apr 27, 2013 at 5:32 AM Post #691 of 964
Quote:
but i like the tightness of the bass of these cans. They dun bleed into other parts of the music, which i appreciate.

the above = SNAPPY.. : especially when i turn on the bluetooth :p

May 14, 2013 at 10:21 AM Post #692 of 964
Hi Everyone

I am looking at purchasing the UE9000 but have a couple of questions about them. Haven't found a shop that has them on display near where I live. Firstly how big is the inside of the cups, both length and width? I have really big ears and my current over ear headphones start to hurt my ears after half an hour or so. Also, how does the passive mode work? As in, will it still be running off the rechargeable battery in passive mode, or can I use it continuously and not have to worry about charging it? Does the sound quality drop when using bluetooth or passive mode? Also is it possible to charge and use the headphones at the same time, and can they be charged from a pc usb port?

Many Thanks

May 16, 2013 at 12:28 PM Post #693 of 964
with the bluetooth off, it sounds quite balanced without emphasized highs or lows. good clarity.
with the bluetooth on, its as if u stepped into a pulsating dancefloor ambience, it gets more exciting..bass is more thumping.
i like both modes actually, as if i have two cans with me.

in passive mode the power is from the fone/laptop...not from the rechargeable batteries.
u can charge it off the laptop usb. 

i havent tried charging n listening at the same time..lol.
havent measured the cups yet. 
what headphones do u have...maybe can estimate from there..
quite close to a sony z1000, edition8 kind of size.

May 17, 2013 at 6:27 AM Post #694 of 964
N00b2 --

• The UE 9000s are not a good fit for large ears, especially large ears that don't like to be curled up to fit inside the cups. They're fine for regular ears.
  • Passive mode works fine, just like any regular, unpowered headset.  I have run mine with the power turned off.  Volume is not as good as with power on.
  • Bluetooth sound quality is fine in a non-busy area. But Bluetooth in a busy area - with other Bluetooth users around, like a train, causes dropouts. Bluetooth is really awful for phone calls because although the sound quality of what you hear is fine, sound quality of the mic makes listening to you hard for those on the phone call with you - I have heard it described as muffled, and like my voice coming from a deep pit.

-- Bhaskar

May 18, 2013 at 11:49 AM Post #695 of 964
I have a Harman Kardon BT. Rectangular earcups. Internally the dimensions are roughly 6.5 x 3.5 cm and they are way too small for my ears. Ends up being part over ear and part on ear headphones or I have to curl my ear up inside the cup. Either way it is painful after a while. Annoying really as I quite like the sound quality of them.

May 19, 2013 at 7:53 PM Post #696 of 964

cupsize for ue9000
popcorn.gif

1.5inch x 2 inch

May 30, 2013 at 5:12 PM Post #698 of 964
Listened to these today in my local apple store.... Was impressed and bought a pair online few hours later.....

I think I will probably replace the cable on these... Can anyone tell me if any 3.5mm jack will fit OK in these? Or does it need to be a certain type such as screw or bayonet type?

Do you think this will work? http://www.audioaffair.co.uk/QED-Profile-J2J-3.5mm-to-3.5mm-Cable/product_4377?ref=gmc

May 31, 2013 at 4:38 AM Post #699 of 964
Quote:
Listened to these today in my local apple store.... Was impressed and bought a pair online few hours later.....

I think I will probably replace the cable on these... Can anyone tell me if any 3.5mm jack will fit OK in these? Or does it need to be a certain type such as screw or bayonet type?

Do you think this will work? http://www.audioaffair.co.uk/QED-Profile-J2J-3.5mm-to-3.5mm-Cable/product_4377?ref=gmc

As much as I know it will work.
I owned the UE6000 and it was definitely a 3.5mm jack :)

Jun 1, 2013 at 3:40 AM Post #700 of 964
Quote:

No, i dun think they would work. I tried using my speaker cable with them and somehow they do not plug securely. You have to look for those with jacks that have 3 lines on them instead of 2

Jun 1, 2013 at 5:05 AM Post #701 of 964
i just auditioned the PSB M4U1....hmmm initial impressions..
it has a slightly sharper treble than ue9000.
and the mids are slightly further back..
bass on par.
good for pops/jazz..not superclear for classicals.
Isolation probably better than ue9000 a notch.

if i have to pick betw the two, i would go for the ue9000.
(just my impressions.. :p)

Jun 1, 2013 at 2:15 PM Post #702 of 964
Got some of these today.... Initial impressions :

These headphones are awesome for the money. Compared to other headphones in this price bracket that I have heard, these win. You can have a neutral, smooth, clear sound in passive mode... or you can turn the active mode on an BLAM.... Massive punchy bass and treble.... enjoyable although passive is better as the sound quality does get worse in active mode....

Jun 1, 2013 at 6:18 PM Post #703 of 964
Hmmm the only thing that is bothering me a bit with these is that in amped mode they are very dynamic and punchy but the quality worse and in passive mode the quality improves but they sound a bit flat and not very punchy bass.... Would be nice if there was somewhere in between the two.

Jun 1, 2013 at 8:32 PM Post #704 of 964
When nc is activated...puts me on a dancefloor ...i love it.:wink:

Jun 1, 2013 at 10:14 PM Post #705 of 964
Hmmm the only thing that is bothering me a bit with these is that in amped mode they are very dynamic and punchy but the quality worse and in passive mode the quality improves but they sound a bit flat and not very punchy bass.... Would be nice if there was somewhere in between the two.

get a good amp+dac and u get tight bass and good SQ ;p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back