[REVIEW] Logitech UE9000 - Ultimate Ears HEADPHONES Released! The UE4000, UE6000 and the UE9000 - Impressions Thread
Apr 17, 2013 at 12:29 AM Post #676 of 964
Quote:
BTW, I'm sort of new here but does everyone buy headphones like these often? That's expensive. Worst, I'm a student and I cant help myself from looking for new headphones everytime I'm at a mall. HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

test it out at the malls....n wait for a good deal in the buysell section.
then start scrubbing n sunning the earpads. 
beerchug.gif

Apr 17, 2013 at 9:27 AM Post #677 of 964
Quote:
BTW, I'm sort of new here but does everyone buy headphones like these often? That's expensive. Worst, I'm a student and I cant help myself from looking for new headphones everytime I'm at a mall. HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's an infection son.. soon as you register onto this "community" ..a small infectious agent uploads into your operating system. As it begins replicating, you'll find yourself reaching for sonic equipment unconsciously. As you receive more exposure, not only is your body magnetically gravitating towards gear, the material your wallet is made of begins disentegrating.

In other words. Welcome to Head-Fi, and sorry about your wallet :)

Apr 17, 2013 at 9:39 AM Post #678 of 964
Quote:
I tried the UE6000s and 9000s and was thoroughly unimpressed with the noise cancelling. As Lorspeaker said, its non existent. I'd prefer they dropped the price by $50 or whatever and removed it. The amp circuitry is fine, but just keep it passively isolated.

Gimmicks. But I like having the convenience of the bass/treble boost at the flick of a switch when I'm in the mood for electronic/dubstep/hip hop music.

But it's been a long time since I've felt the need to use it even with those genre's since the passive mode is great. So I took the batteries out.

Hope you guys aren't keeping the weight on.. O_o

Apr 17, 2013 at 8:42 PM Post #679 of 964
My first Bluetooth, n managed to pair it with the MacAir..
The sound quality quite up to par with tat from the cable;
started straying away from the cable..
Walked to the kitchen for coffee, stood by the window...
Freedommmm!

This 9000 hugs my head snuggedly....v comfy.
The urge for a denon600 diminished drastically.
Perfect for a cold nite.:p

Apr 17, 2013 at 9:33 PM Post #680 of 964
Quote:
My first Bluetooth, n managed to pair it with the MacAir..
The sound quality quite up to par with tat from the cable;
started straying away from the cable..
Walked to the kitchen for coffee, stood by the window...
Freedommmm!

This 9000 hugs my head snuggedly....v comfy.
The urge for a denon600 diminished drastically.
Perfect for a cold nite.
tongue.gif

the UE9000 I think has a much better tonal balance than the D600. The D600 is just a big boomy sounding headphone overall. Not to mention the resale value is plummeting very very quickly. I feel bad for people trying to sell them. 

Apr 17, 2013 at 11:07 PM Post #681 of 964
Quote:
the UE9000 I think has a much better tonal balance than the D600. The D600 is just a big boomy sounding headphone overall. Not to mention the resale value is plummeting very very quickly. I feel bad for people trying to sell them. 

This ue9000headfone reminds me of HM5, Philips Uptown...but with more snap in the bass, and clearer highs...
but still retains alittle of the dreamy chamber sound presentation, v enjoyable after a long day at work indeed. 

Apr 19, 2013 at 7:15 PM Post #683 of 964
Anyone know if these sound better with an amp? Love the sound but was thinking of getting a fiio e6 or e7. What do you guys think?

Apr 19, 2013 at 9:56 PM Post #684 of 964
Quote:
Anyone know if these sound better with an amp? Love the sound but was thinking of getting a fiio e6 or e7. What do you guys think?

In passive mode they do get better. WIth the NC circuit on, I didn't think so.

Apr 24, 2013 at 6:53 AM Post #685 of 964
Hi, this is my first post here. I got the UE6000 and thought they were disappointing at first.. felt they lacked the energy which i can find in my speaker setup/tf10. However, when i plugged them in the T1 dac/amp, everything came alive. From almost wanting to sell them, it has become a keeper. So yes, they would benefit much from a amp imo.
Quote:

Apr 24, 2013 at 7:02 AM Post #686 of 964
had the same experiance but without amp. the signature seriously frew on me, as it is clear and detailed, yet not fatiguing with superb bass extension and pretty good separation. i kept them over all my other cans.

Apr 24, 2013 at 8:01 AM Post #687 of 964
yea, they can be pretty detailed on their own. However i find myself increasing the volume to fatiguing levels to get the amount of details i desire without an amp

Apr 25, 2013 at 2:00 AM Post #688 of 964
I got the UE 6000 a few days ago. I had been looking for them in my country but failed so I ended up buying them in the states; after trying them out a few months ago I knew I wanted a pair. I'll be posting a review shortly, but up to this point I can say these are friggin amazing! The bass and midbass are SUPERB, the mids are clear and full and the highs are quite crisp and don't sound piercing. They are incredibly well constructed as well and are very very comfortable. How did the manage to make such a good pair for so little money!? If that wasn't enough they are noise cancelling (take it as an extra...they do cancel out noise up to a certain degree and will work for some travellers if you can cope with the crazy "moar bass" bump). And we were worried logitech would destroy UE, huh? 

If there is something I'm not very fond of is their clamping force. I like my headphones snug unless they are huge open cans meant to be used at home...and the UE6000 are made to use on the go so they leak more than average and tend to move around more than I'd like them to. 

Apr 26, 2013 at 12:00 AM Post #689 of 964
The bass on the ue9000 has a snappp to it tat few headfones hav....v enjoyable.
Is tat effect evident on the 6000 too?

Apr 27, 2013 at 3:09 AM Post #690 of 964
I don't like the noise cancelling, but i realised that if i havent used the feature in a while, it takes very long/never activates. What i'll do then is off it and turn it on again, then it usually works. anyone with this problem as well? 

im not sure what u mean by snappy lorspeaker, but i like the tightness of the bass of these cans. They dun bleed into other parts of the music, which i appreciate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back