[REVIEW] Logitech UE9000 - Ultimate Ears HEADPHONES Released! The UE4000, UE6000 and the UE9000 - Impressions Thread
Jun 1, 2013 at 10:25 PM Post #706 of 964
I do have a good dac + amp

They are pretty good with a good amp + dac I guess but they are almost a bit bass light compared to amped mode where they have too much bass! Shame there is not a setting which is half way!

Jun 2, 2013 at 12:39 AM Post #708 of 964
I agree.. on passive mode the bass is slightly anaemic. I rarely turn on the active mode though, I feel like i am compromising alot of SQ for punchier bass

Jun 2, 2013 at 1:27 AM Post #709 of 964
I guess they were designed to be used with active mode. I agree that passive is more refined but then it is also a bit boring and lacking dynamics. Its quite good in a way because depending on what you want to listen to or what genres you can switch between passive and active. Would be better if you could have passive mode quality with active mode bass quantity.

Jun 2, 2013 at 8:05 AM Post #710 of 964
huh....ue9000 was never sibilant to my ears.
ph34r.gif

Jun 2, 2013 at 4:39 PM Post #712 of 964
I would like to see the refinement of passive mode combined with the exciting sound of active mode but ah well you cannot have everything for £100! Still I personally think these headphones are much better than anything else in the price range overall. Sometimes I think Tyll from innerfidelity can be a little bit over the top with his statements but I think he is bang on with these headphones.

Jun 2, 2013 at 9:20 PM Post #713 of 964
I suppose the passive mode does actually have a decent amount of bass / punchyness... Its just compared to the monster bass and impact of active mode it seems a bit low. After owning these for a bit I think I prefer passive mode because the quality degrades too much in active.

Is it normal for these to have a slight backgroud hissing noise when in active mode?

Jun 2, 2013 at 11:58 PM Post #714 of 964
It seems that the FOTM hype has died down around these headphones then lol.

Personally I think if you can get them for around £100 they are better than any other headphone I can think of for less than £150.....

Jun 3, 2013 at 10:01 PM Post #715 of 964
I ended up selling my 6000s. Got myself hd600s which wowed me. I got the ue6000s at first because I heard (from Tyll's review) they were bang for buck and had a V-shaped response curve (I really liked the TF10's sound) and also because I had never tried headphones before in my whole life except $40 senns. Funnily enough over time the recessed mids got to me; both passive and active mode had that, and i decided to let it go. Not that it's a bad headphone; it's detailed and all, but just a matter of preference i guess

Jun 4, 2013 at 12:43 AM Post #716 of 964
After two days with the UE 6000 I honestly believe this is possibly the best value out of the $200 price range for portable cans. Decent comfort, good sound quality in both modes and a stylish design. I was hesitant to pick them up before due to all the rumored issues with the early batches. I haven't noticed any problems with mine so far.

Jun 4, 2013 at 1:40 AM Post #717 of 964
after awhile i just crave for abit more clarity...not that its not clear...i jus wanted alittle more. 

tongue.gif

Jun 4, 2013 at 11:00 AM Post #719 of 964
Quote:
After two days with the UE 6000 I honestly believe this is possibly the best value out of the $200 price range for portable cans. Decent comfort, good sound quality in both modes and a stylish design. I was hesitant to pick them up before due to all the rumored issues with the early batches. I haven't noticed any problems with mine so far.

I agree that they are actually suprisingly good in most areas and do not really do anything wrong. I kind of like both active and passive modes depending what mood I am in but I just wish you could have active mode bass with passive sound quality but as well you cannoy have everything for that price. Overall very good though.

Jun 4, 2013 at 11:02 AM Post #720 of 964
Quote:
I ended up selling my 6000s. Got myself hd600s which wowed me. I got the ue6000s at first because I heard (from Tyll's review) they were bang for buck and had a V-shaped response curve (I really liked the TF10's sound) and also because I had never tried headphones before in my whole life except $40 senns. Funnily enough over time the recessed mids got to me; both passive and active mode had that, and i decided to let it go. Not that it's a bad headphone; it's detailed and all, but just a matter of preference i guess

Hmmm that is weird because the UE6000 do not actually have recessed mids at all compared to a lot of headphones I have tried... The lower mids seem like one of the best parts of the sound quality to me. Upper mids and treble are a little bit further back but I prefer that. Anywhere from about 1-1000hz is not recessed at all and the lower mids are suprisingly excellent quality in passive mode. I have owned loads of headphones including HD650 and D2000... D2000 is what I would call badly recessed mids. Definately not the UE6000 though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back