[REVIEW] Logitech UE9000 - Ultimate Ears HEADPHONES Released! The UE4000, UE6000 and the UE9000 - Impressions Thread
Oct 15, 2012 at 10:51 PM Post #361 of 964
Anyone else having problems with the left ear cup kind of having less of an impact than that of the right? Also, is the clamping force for your guys' headphones not very strong either?

Oct 16, 2012 at 12:18 AM Post #362 of 964
Don't know if you have a way of trying out another cord. But I have an issue with icords connected to my computer. Causes that same issue you are experiencing. I am using a non icord that came with my M-80 and it fixed my issue. Now if you try a different cord but is having the same issue. Then you might have an issue. Also I would try plugging it to another source to see if it does the same thing.

Try burning in your headphone too if it turns out to be the same on another source. Just blast some bass heavy tracks fairly loud over night. Might fix your issue. You might just have to loosen those drivers to get them to equalize.

Oct 16, 2012 at 12:19 AM Post #363 of 964
I am not sure if this was answered elsewhere, but how do does the UE6000 compare to the Mad Dog headphones by Mr. Speakers? I am leaning a lot towards the UE6000s seeing as to how much they are recommended already, but I would like to know.
Thank You,
NK

Oct 16, 2012 at 3:14 AM Post #365 of 964
Quote:

Keep us posted.

So far using these in passive mode, i have found them firstly to be fairly hard to drive, my Tera Player struggled as did my ipod to get a nice volume an an amp was needed. The noise cancelling mode got rid of this problem of course but does not sound as good.

Sound so far is non fatiguing and fairly nice but treble presence is worrying me so far, very brief listening so far so take with extra salt. Will get more hours today as well as burn in.

Also Mike, in passive mode do they both sound the same?

Oct 16, 2012 at 7:56 AM Post #366 of 964
Quote:
So I tried with noise cancelling for the first time today. It isn't noise cancelling at all. It is more like amping with bass boost. It is funny how this is supposed to cancel noise. It cancels noise alright but with about 5db boost in bass. I know guys mention how flabby the bass is on NC mode but it is kinda on the fun side especially with some hip hop. It actually sound pretty good with hip hop..Don't know if I would have it on with any other genre but for hiphop it actually sounds good. A bit muddy on the bass but hip hop sounds good that way. It gives a kind of trunk o funk vibe to it.. Turn NC off and it sounds proper with everything else.
The way I look at it. These are the first headphones I have ever had that changes sound signatures with a flick of the switch. That is actually kinda cool in my book.
Agree with this.

+2 now that I have spent more time with them

Oct 16, 2012 at 7:58 AM Post #367 of 964
Quote:
So far using these in passive mode, i have found them firstly to be fairly hard to drive, my Tera Player struggled as did my ipod to get a nice volume an an amp was needed. The noise cancelling mode got rid of this problem of course but does not sound as good.

Sound so far is non fatiguing and fairly nice but treble presence is worrying me so far, very brief listening so far so take with extra salt. Will get more hours today as well as burn in.

Also Mike, in passive mode do they both sound the same?

Active mode compensates well regarding treble presence in addition to boosting bass, also makes them easier to drive through an Iphone.

Oct 16, 2012 at 8:01 AM Post #368 of 964
Quote:
I am not sure if this was answered elsewhere, but how do does the UE6000 compare to the Mad Dog headphones by Mr. Speakers? I am leaning a lot towards the UE6000s seeing as to how much they are recommended already, but I would like to know.
Thank You,
NK

Based on owning the UE6000 and everything I have read about the Mad Dogs, they have very different sound signatures.  UE6000 has a powerful, dynamic bass.  Mad Dog bass has depth, but doesn't have the same punch. It is considered more detailed overall.  Many reviews also say that Mad Dogs require an amp to reach their potential.

Oct 16, 2012 at 12:02 PM Post #370 of 964
Active mode compensates well regarding treble presence in addition to boosting bass, also makes them easier to drive through an Iphone.

That's what I put :p

Oct 16, 2012 at 2:51 PM Post #372 of 964
Quote:
Wasn't intentionally copying, just wrote my observation, so great minds think alike.

I know i was just saying i agree and indeed they do :wink: Wore them a lot today in wireless mode at sixth form got a lot of attention from Beats and Skullcandy fanboys all loved the design and sound but mainly features. Now the sound in wireless is not actually to shabby, in fact awesome for wireless for some genres but that still does not compete against wired headphones or even these in wired mode. More to come, for now, this video :wink:

Oct 16, 2012 at 6:44 PM Post #373 of 964
I can purchase the UE 9000 in apple store?

Oct 16, 2012 at 7:02 PM Post #374 of 964
I grabbed these (*edit: ue6000) from the Apple store online, none in stock in my area. Before I get to the problem this post is about I want to say... wow, these are amazingly comfortable. I'm pretty sure I could wear them all day and never notice.

Unfortunately mine seem to have about a 10% louder left channel. I've gone through all the tests I could think of -- switch sides, both sides in mono playback, played mono sine tones of various frequencies -- and I'm pretty confident there's a distinct imbalance. The fact that I can make it sound just about perfect by boosting the right channel by ~10%, maybe a little more, pretty much seals it.

I also tried a different cable, and a couple different sources (I don't own any headphone amps but I tried my desktop, laptop, an iPhone5 and 4). Used the included splitter to compare against an Amperior, Sony XBA3, and Apple's Earpods, all of which felt nicely centered by comparison. Anyway the point is that I'm fairly certain I'm not making it up. I know all headphones have a certain amount of channel imbalance but I feel like 10% is too much, especially when none of my other headphones I have sitting around have that much offset.

Sound quality once I balance the channels in Windows myself? I really like it, it's exactly what I was looking for (trying to find an IEM replacement for out and about usage, and the Amperiors are honestly a bit piercing and uncomfortable, not to mention expensive). I'm just not willing to rebalance every device I plug them into (not really possible with the iPhone anyway since it's just that slider).

I probably won't be getting a replacement pair since neither of the Apple stores in town have this headphone in stock right now... And to be honest this is not the first QC issue I've had with Logitech. It also sounds like it isn't the first QC issue with this batch of headphones in particular. Apparently innerfidelity got 2 ue4000's with the same issue, and we have a post just a page back where someone had the opposite problem (quiet left channel).

What was the point of that rant? Basically if you got a good pair then enjoy them, because I think they're really decent headphones in their price range (disclaimer: I'm extra-inexperienced in high end audio stuff, I just know what I like). But if you're thinking about it I would suggest only getting them if you can buy them locally in case you find yourself needing to do an exchange.

I'm going to keep them for a week and play with them, just to see if anything changes, so I'll post again if I find that the balance issue resolves itself or it turns out I had super-selective ear cancer. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back