[REVIEW] Logitech UE9000 - Ultimate Ears HEADPHONES Released! The UE4000, UE6000 and the UE9000 - Impressions Thread
Oct 17, 2012 at 2:38 PM Post #391 of 964
Well, I owned Amperior for a few weeks and returned because the bass didn't have enough good impact for me, the mids were muddy and highs lacked detail which made them harsh to my ears.  I will be keeping the M-100s for life and I know this after less than a week with them.  While there are headphones with bigger, deeper bass if you are a basshead, I would say that overall these are the best sounding headphones I ever heard at any price.  If the M-100 was wrapped in wood and leather and I paid $1,000, I would feel very good about my purchase.  They are a bargain at $310 and I consider Amperior overpriced at $350.

Awesome! Just placed my order! Unfortunately it doesn't ship until 60 days

Oct 17, 2012 at 4:11 PM Post #392 of 964
Quote:
I received a pair of UE6000s yesterday...left channel had not as much volume as the right channel, and at certain frequencies that was a lot of interference in the left channel. Overall I thought it lacked a powerful bass (passive mode) the bass extend a fair bit without having any "rumbling" to it (this shows when I played some test tracks like Thunder, and an airplane coming over) not very realistic. The highs are veiled like in the Senn HD650. The comfort was good although my ears would only just fit. Needless to say I returned these.

I listened to:
-Jigalong (from CD Rabbit Proof Fence OST) - Peter Gabriel
-Rolling Thunder - Gordon Hempton (and God)
-The Digital Domain - s/t
-Morph the Cat - Donald Fagen
-Also Sprach Sarathustra - Strauss
-Pick Yourself Up - Diana Krall
-POV - Simon Phillips
-A Thousand Years - Sting
Homeless - Paul Simon
-Sharp Object - Dominic Miller
and many more....

My headphone inventory: Denon D7000, D2000, Sennheiser HD650, HD 25-1 II, ATH M50 (white box & blue box versions) Beyerdynamic DT150
Ipod Classic with Meier Corda 3 amp.

Interesting comments

Oct 17, 2012 at 10:20 PM Post #394 of 964
Hello, 
I apologize, again, if this was answered elsewhere, but does anyone know how the UE6000s compare to the Beyerdynamic Custom One headphones? I have been looking for a comparison, but there does not seem to be a concrete comparison yet. 
Thank You,
NK

Oct 18, 2012 at 6:32 PM Post #395 of 964
Volume Max on both MB Air and iPhone with UE 6000*NC/on.  It definitely needs an Amp.  GoVibe Mini USB DAC helps but not on the iPhone.  Gonna need a portable mini Amp.  Any suggestions?

Thanks.

*GoVibe Mini Box Portable Amp (2012) $60 on Jaben.net.  A good choice?

Oct 19, 2012 at 2:34 AM Post #396 of 964
They are different with bigger bass in the UE6000/UE9000, but superior detail and better extended mids and highs with the M-100.  If I was only able to own one headphone, I would pick the M-100.  If bass was more important than overall SQ, plus bluetooth was an important feature, I might hold onto the UE9000 since they are also excellent.

The UE6000 was a bit dark relative to the M-100 from my recollection. The M-100 definitely has much better extension in the highs though.

Well, I owned Amperior for a few weeks and returned because the bass didn't have enough good impact for me, the mids were muddy and highs lacked detail which made them harsh to my ears.  I will be keeping the M-100s for life and I know this after less than a week with them.  While there are headphones with bigger, deeper bass if you are a basshead, I would say that overall these are the best sounding headphones I ever heard at any price.  If the M-100 was wrapped in wood and leather and I paid $1,000, I would feel very good about my purchase.  They are a bargain at $310 and I consider Amperior overpriced at $350.

That's like the one thing I liked about the Amperior. I thought they had the most bass punch of any headphone I've heard. XD
And I agree with the mids, they weren't clearly defined and were definitely overshadowed by bass punch (for me) and harsh highs.

Oct 19, 2012 at 4:12 AM Post #397 of 964
Quote:
Volume Max on both MB Air and iPhone with UE 6000*NC/on.  It definitely needs an Amp.  GoVibe Mini USB DAC helps but not on the iPhone.  Gonna need a portable mini Amp.  Any suggestions?

Thanks.

*GoVibe Mini Box Portable Amp (2012) $60 on Jaben.net.  A good choice?

yeh the MBA is powerful enough!

Oct 19, 2012 at 6:13 AM Post #398 of 964
Quote:
The UE6000 was a bit dark relative to the M-100 from my recollection. The M-100 definitely has much better extension in the highs though.
That's like the one thing I liked about the Amperior. I thought they had the most bass punch of any headphone I've heard. XD
And I agree with the mids, they weren't clearly defined and were definitely overshadowed by bass punch (for me) and harsh highs.

After futher evaluation, I must agree.  At first, I felt the UE6000 was fairly neutral with slightly rolled off highs.  However, compared to the M-100, my ears have adjusted so the M-100 sounds more accurate than bright and the UE6000 sounds slightly dark by comparison.

Oct 19, 2012 at 8:56 AM Post #399 of 964
Quote:
The Q40 isn't much for soundstage, but neither are most closed headphones.  Q40 has bigger, deeper bass and is one of the top cans for bass available at any price.  Mids and highs are accurate, but I would call detail below average.  Also, I pick up excessive sibilance with these.  Unless powerful bass is your overriding interest, the UE6000 is on another level regarding overall SQ and still provides a full, satisfying bass experience.

Hi,

When you talk about less bass on UE6000 is it with or without amp/equalizer ? Cause i know lots of earphones or headphones when they are played flat doesn't offer a lot of bass (example westone um3x i used to own) but are capable of incredible bass if pluggeg to a good source with a decent equalization (and not for example plugged on an ipod with its craps eq presets)

Do you think Vmoda m100 has less good noise cancelling ? I'm hesitating between both and again perhaps if we increase the highs of UE6000 with an eq it might be good

Sorry for my english i'm a french speaker

Oct 19, 2012 at 9:20 AM Post #400 of 964
Quote:
Hi,

When you talk about less bass on UE6000 is it with or without amp/equalizer ? Cause i know lots of earphones or headphones when they are played flat doesn't offer a lot of bass (example westone um3x i used to own) but are capable of incredible bass if pluggeg to a good source with a decent equalization (and not for example plugged on an ipod with its craps eq presets)

Do you think Vmoda m100 has less good noise cancelling ? I'm hesitating between both and again perhaps if we increase the highs of UE6000 with an eq it might be good

Good question.  The Q40 really needs amping to fully benefit from the powerful bass.  UE6000 does have a built-in amp that boosts bass quite a bit, along with the treble.  Although, I found myself listening to the UE6000 near full volume without an amp.  The M-100 has very good sound isolation and goes louder without an amp (more sensitive).  The M-100 has tight, accurate bass, but not "basshead" bass.  The UE6000 has more "basshead" bass to my ears and probably close to Q40 unamped, but Q40 has much more bass amped.

Oct 19, 2012 at 9:31 AM Post #401 of 964
Quote:
Hi,

Thanks for your answer,

I'm waiting for someone to review the V-Moda wih an amp and an eq increasing in the low-end cause i'm sure it can provide the same bass. To many testers even if they are kind to give us feedback, don't do it in good conditions.......Testing headphones with an ipod for example and without amp isn't really the best way to take advantages of it

Oct 20, 2012 at 9:47 AM Post #402 of 964
The UE's are beginning to turn on me. I returned the 4000 yesterday.

If you listen to the UE6000 exclusively, they sound really nice, with a solid low end foundation and seamless mid/top. But when you go back to your other headphones for a while, the 6000 sounds somewhat muddled in the bass range compared to pretty much all my other cans using the same amplification. 

And there is definitely a channel-matching problem/imbalance with both the 4000 and 6000 in the bass/lower midrange (which no doubt causes the muddling), but less severe with the 6000. I thought it was the recordings but, again, go back to other cans and all is well.

Guess I'll see what's up with the Monster Diamond Tears...

Oct 20, 2012 at 10:31 PM Post #403 of 964
Since I wasn't able to get in on the first set of m100 preorders I decided to pick up a pair of 6000s from Best Buy. I was surprised to see them in stock actually so jumped at the chance to try them out.

I've only just listened for a few minutes but I can see how these would be liked by a lot of people. Really nice sound with some powerful low end in powered mode. They are definitely tough to drive as my iPod Touch 5g needs to be almost all the way up on some lower volumed tracks. I've got an e11 amp that I can throw with it later this evening when I get a chance to listen more. I'm sure in passive mode it's even worse.

Compared to my m80s I'm really not sure which headphone I like better. The 6000 is definitely more comfortable and more isolating since its over ear and noise canceling so yeah. We will see what happens after some more testing.

And yes, I ordered some m100s during the second pre order phase so these and my m80s should hold me over.

Oct 20, 2012 at 11:30 PM Post #404 of 964
How are the UE9000's to the He-400's? Do they need an amp/dac? I plan on using an e17 with either the he-400's or these

Users who are viewing this thread

Back