[REVIEW] Logitech UE9000 - Ultimate Ears HEADPHONES Released! The UE4000, UE6000 and the UE9000 - Impressions Thread
Oct 15, 2012 at 1:31 AM Post #347 of 964
Quote:
The upcoming AKG Tiesto K267 may be an option for you since the cups seem large and sub bass is adjustable.  I have no idea how they will sound overall.

They look interesting and possibly big enough, but of course there are no pictures I can find that actually show inside of the cup.  You've worn the Signature Pros before though, right?  Do you remember how they fit compared to the UE6000?  This is getting frustrating trying to find a decent sized closed headphone.  All the open Sennheisers I've tried fit perfectly, but can't use them in the office unfortunately. 

Oct 15, 2012 at 4:56 AM Post #348 of 964
Quote:
How do these compare to say the Shure SRH 840?

I'm interested to hear some opinion on this comparison,too.

I own the 840 and my only complain is that they may sound a bit thick at some mid-bass/bass frequensies sometimes (although it depends on the fit of their soft pleather pads/placement on the head in my experience).Otherwise,I found their sound exactly to my liking,but they are a bit big and funny looking on the head.

I'm interested to hear some opinions on how the UE 6000 sound in passive mode compared to the 840,and if they are driven at least as easy and performs nicely,as the shures,without amps,straight out of an ipod.

Also,how is the comfort and the secure fit on the head,when compared to 840's in your experience?

Oct 15, 2012 at 8:04 AM Post #349 of 964
Quote:
They look interesting and possibly big enough, but of course there are no pictures I can find that actually show inside of the cup.  You've worn the Signature Pros before though, right?  Do you remember how they fit compared to the UE6000?  This is getting frustrating trying to find a decent sized closed headphone.  All the open Sennheisers I've tried fit perfectly, but can't use them in the office unfortunately. 

The Sig Pro does have a large, round roomy cup which was fairly comfortable and felt large to me so it may fit you well.  I actually prefer the fit of the Edition 8, but those may seem small for you from what you describe.  I think the UE6000 are some of the most comfortable, roomy headphones I have ever worn, but we are all different.

Oct 15, 2012 at 5:45 PM Post #352 of 964
Dang you guys, I should have never joined this site. Just about two months ago I bought two hundred dollar headphones, and not ten minutes ago, I did it again. WHY MUST AUDIO COST SO MUCH?

Oct 15, 2012 at 9:31 PM Post #358 of 964
Quote:
But I must say, this hobby is very much worth the price. 

And I'm sure Charlie Sheen says the same thing about whatever it is that he does.

Oct 15, 2012 at 10:16 PM Post #359 of 964
So I tried with noise cancelling for the first time today. It isn't noise cancelling at all. It is more like amping with bass boost. It is funny how this is supposed to cancel noise. It cancels noise alright but with about 5db boost in bass. I know guys mention how flabby the bass is on NC mode but it is kinda on the fun side especially with some hip hop. It actually sound pretty good with hip hop..Don't know if I would have it on with any other genre but for hiphop it actually sounds good. A bit muddy on the bass but hip hop sounds good that way. It gives a kind of trunk o funk vibe to it.. Turn NC off and it sounds proper with everything else.

The way I look at it. These are the first headphones I have ever had that changes sound signatures with a flick of the switch. That is actually kinda cool in my book.

Oct 15, 2012 at 10:38 PM Post #360 of 964
So I tried with noise cancelling for the first time today. It isn't noise cancelling at all. It is more like amping with bass boost. It is funny how this is supposed to cancel noise. It cancels noise alright but with about 5db boost in bass. I know guys mention how flabby the bass is on NC mode but it is kinda on the fun side especially with some hip hop. It actually sound pretty good with hip hop..Don't know if I would have it on with any other genre but for hiphop it actually sounds good. A bit muddy on the bass but hip hop sounds good that way. It gives a kind of trunk o funk vibe to it.. Turn NC off and it sounds proper with everything else.

The way I look at it. These are the first headphones I have ever had that changes sound signatures with a flick of the switch. That is actually kinda cool in my book.

Agree with this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back