[REVIEW] Head-Direct RE0 - a new contender for the best IEM
Jul 5, 2009 at 5:50 AM Post #152 of 2,011
Do the new cables I've heard of help that in any way? Like I've seen others mention, there doesn't seem to be a review available for the updated version of the RE0.

Jul 5, 2009 at 7:53 AM Post #154 of 2,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by helmet993 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My question is RE0 vs. PL50...which one to buy to complement my current RE0 / E5 setup?

What's wrong with your current re0? Or is that a typo? Or is there another product sharing that name that I'm not aware of?

Jul 5, 2009 at 8:15 AM Post #155 of 2,011
The RE0 will blow the PL50 away. Both can punch above their MSRP, but the RE0's is almost 4x that of the PL50. No reason not to go for it if you have the $.

Jul 5, 2009 at 8:55 AM Post #157 of 2,011
Hello, I need a headphone for mobile use till I can afford and decide on what custom model i want in september or october or so.l I was thinking of getting the hd25-1-ii for the time being because its so sturdy but still small and has the best isolation of any closed phone that I have known although it is not the best sounding nor the most comfortable. I wonder if anyone has heard both the re0 and the hd25-1-ii and can do a comparison? From the iems I have heard the tf10pro and the ie8 were my favourite although the ie8 did not isolate at all for me and I had to turn the volume way up (or at least I wanted to) and this really disturbed me. Soundstage was FANTASTIC though. I was first thinking on settling on a custom tip for the ie8, til i heard about jh audio.
Oh yes, i prefer iems that you can insert deeply into the ear canal, i wonder if you can do this with the re0? I found the westone w3 a bit disturbing for myuse because i didnt insert deeply enough, or it felt that way.
Greetings, Anouk,

Jul 5, 2009 at 9:00 AM Post #158 of 2,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anouk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello,
From the head-direct site it seems as if the re0 is now actually cheaper then the re1. I find this strange because I amthinking the re0 is the higher end model..... Wouldnt this strategy hurt the sale of the re1? It seems a bit illogical to me.
Greetings, Anouk,

The RE0 is the higher-end model and it is on sale for the summer (technically; head-direct's sales have been known to last longer than indicated). The RE1 is regular price, but keep in mind that that is the old, well-packaged version of the RE1 with the cool DIY-style case.

Jul 5, 2009 at 2:42 PM Post #159 of 2,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by kaldaim /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What's wrong with your current re0? Or is that a typo? Or is there another product sharing that name that I'm not aware of?

Late night typo...RE2/E5 is my current setup.

I am interested in a new IEM <$100...

Jul 5, 2009 at 7:42 PM Post #160 of 2,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anouk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello, I need a headphone for mobile use till I can afford and decide on what custom model i want in september or october or so.l I was thinking of getting the hd25-1-ii for the time being because its so sturdy but still small and has the best isolation of any closed phone that I have known although it is not the best sounding nor the most comfortable. I wonder if anyone has heard both the re0 and the hd25-1-ii and can do a comparison? From the iems I have heard the tf10pro and the ie8 were my favourite although the ie8 did not isolate at all for me and I had to turn the volume way up (or at least I wanted to) and this really disturbed me. Soundstage was FANTASTIC though. I was first thinking on settling on a custom tip for the ie8, til i heard about jh audio.
Oh yes, i prefer iems that you can insert deeply into the ear canal, i wonder if you can do this with the re0? I found the westone w3 a bit disturbing for myuse because i didnt insert deeply enough, or it felt that way.
Greetings, Anouk,

I am thinking of getting custom tips from UniqueMelody in china for 320 Yuan (~48 USD) along w/ my custom TF10s for the RE0 series. I think they fit ie8s and bunch of other universals as well. If I recall soundstage wasn't really the RE0s strength though.

Jul 6, 2009 at 9:00 AM Post #162 of 2,011
Can anyone with experience with the new cables post their thoughts on the microphonics and durability of these? Are they compatible with the Phonake silicone ear guides?

Also, how is Head-Direct's customer service? If I decide to return them, where would I have to ship them?

Jul 6, 2009 at 10:15 AM Post #163 of 2,011
Well Sixteh mine should arrive soon, currently they are passed the Customs. So I should have them tuesday or wednesday (that's what I hope).
I travel by bike/train every workday so ideal to test them in terms of isolation and microphonics.
Customer service responds quick to e-mail, for the rest I can't tell.

Jul 6, 2009 at 12:19 PM Post #164 of 2,011
Thanks. I got the customer service part; Fang responded to my email in 6 hours--I'm impressed. The main part right now is ensuring I can get good support in the states if I want them repaired/replaced or refunded.

Jul 6, 2009 at 12:42 PM Post #165 of 2,011
Yes, my pair has arrived
biggrin.gif

But hé I'm at work, bummer
frown.gif
3 hours to go

Users who are viewing this thread

Back