[REVIEW] Head-Direct RE0 - a new contender for the best IEM
Jul 1, 2009 at 4:32 AM Post #123 of 2,011
The PFE have to be inferior to the RE0. After all, they're so last week. I can only wonder what will blow into town next week.

Jul 1, 2009 at 4:56 AM Post #125 of 2,011
The RE0 is an excellent IEM. I can enjoy them immensely straight out of an ipod touch. with an amp, forget it. your done. It is more then a steal at 99 bucks. its their flagship IEM, and its priced lower then the RE1. If your smart, get the RE0, and you will hug yourself when the price goes back up. assuming it will. I actually hope it will, I paid a lot more for my set. I'm feeling a bit slighted. but you all should seriously snag them NOW while the gettin's good.

Jul 1, 2009 at 2:59 PM Post #127 of 2,011
How is QC on these?

Jul 1, 2009 at 4:08 PM Post #128 of 2,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bilavideo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The PFE have to be inferior to the RE0. After all, they're so last week. I can only wonder what will blow into town next week.

is the pfe's sq leagues behind RE0?

Jul 1, 2009 at 6:36 PM Post #131 of 2,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by guineapig /img/forum/go_quote.gif
http://www.anythingbutipod.com/image...Comparison.gif

According to this chart, the PFE is actually better.

That chart is useless. You should have read his thread better, because he said he created that chart on personal preference. It doesn't reflect how good an IEM is, just what he thinks sounds better. And you probably know different people have different preferences.

Jul 1, 2009 at 6:44 PM Post #132 of 2,011
It's dfkt's chart, not a poll chart. No one is better than the other, it depends on your own personal tastes.
For example I prefer RE2 over Atrios, even if I know most people don't. I expect RE0 will sound much better than Atrios, to my ears.

Jul 1, 2009 at 8:17 PM Post #133 of 2,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by Belabor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That chart is useless. You should have read his thread better, because he said he created that chart on personal preference. It doesn't reflect how good an IEM is, just what he thinks sounds better. And you probably know different people have different preferences.

Consulting the chart is neither better nor worse than asking for advice on the forums here. Sound Quality subjective to a degree, but the general trends can be taken from the chart. For example, I don't have to have the same preferences as DFKT to say that the Etys Er6i have little bass. How high up on the chart I'd rank them, on the other hand, is a different matter.

And as for comparison purposes, I'd rather trust DFKT's chart than the advice of someone who's heard one or two IEMs and runs around the forums pushing the one he/she likes better of the two. Choosing the right headphone should be a lengthy process of reading and comparing reviews, others' opinions, and personal preference. The chart can be quite helpful.

Jul 2, 2009 at 3:47 AM Post #134 of 2,011
My RE0 are posted, to bad they skipped on the FiiO after the pricedrop. Although my D2 should have enough power to drive it. I'm very curious, let them come I'm ready...

Jul 2, 2009 at 6:07 AM Post #135 of 2,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by maniac2003 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My RE0 are posted, to bad they skipped on the FiiO after the pricedrop. Although my D2 should have enough power to drive it. I'm very curious, let them come I'm ready...

wow, just realised they removed the E3 as gift. prolly ran out of stock already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back