RAZ's TOTL review and rambles thread, on life support
Jan 2, 2021 at 2:40 AM Post #1,231 of 3,674
In other news the Lotoo PAW Gold Touch Titanium is now officially my fantasy DAP. I owned a LP6K once and while the sound didn't work for me overall it was the first DAP of its kind I've owned whose build quality, design and packaging were on the level of Sony and Apple.
Perhaps @mvvRAZ could be persuaded to 'take one for the team'? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
I'm interested to hear how it compares with the regular LPGT, especially from reviewers whose style and preferences I'm familiar with :)

Jan 2, 2021 at 2:49 AM Post #1,232 of 3,674
Jan 2, 2021 at 3:06 AM Post #1,233 of 3,674
I'd be curious to hear if the LPGT is basically an S1 in DAP form.
From everything I've read about the S1 (and based on Michael's comments in this thread) it probably gets you 70-80% there sonically but can't compete with the completeness of a full-size dap or ultimate SQ.

Jan 2, 2021 at 3:25 AM Post #1,234 of 3,674
I posted a review of the Elysium if anyone's interested:

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/vision-ears-elysium.23939/reviews#item-review-25046

I'd be curious to hear if the LPGT is basically an S1 in DAP form.

I owned the LPGT previously (and will probably own it again, or it's successor, at some point this year) and I also own the S1.
The S1 is a phenomenal dongle, make no mistake, but I don't feel it can seriously be compared with the LPGT.
Or well, as @gLer said, perhaps it can get you a percentage of the way there (I'd probably go with 60-70%).
So from that point of view, it could be a useful way of finding out how you feel about the LPGT sound signature with very little financial outlay :)

But yeah, the LPGT is something special for sure. It seemed to take all my IEMs to what sounded like a higher level of quality.
I think I'm probably at - or slightly above or below - that level now with my hardware and FW modded Sony WM1A.
It's hard to say without an LPGT to A/B test it against, so I'm going off memory here.

As a brief aside, I listened to my UM MEST with the modded WM1A yesterday.
Haven't listened to the MEST in a month or so due to reviewing other IEMs etc, and I was pretty much blown away by how good it sounded, especially out of my modded WM1A, which sounds more like an LPGT than a WM1Z. That combo just sounded a $5k+ set up. Happy days :)

Jan 2, 2021 at 4:30 AM Post #1,235 of 3,674
Perhaps @mvvRAZ could be persuaded to 'take one for the team'? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
I'm interested to hear how it compares with the regular LPGT, especially from reviewers whose style and preferences I'm familiar with :)

I've been taking a lot of "ones" for the team, y'all need to step up! :D

On the WM1A/WM1Z, I haven't heard anything that sounds as good as the 1Z in the correct pairing, but I'll be inclined to agree with "notoriously underpowered" - I think it comes in at something like 32mW? The LPGT for comparison has 500

On the LPGT Ti.... I'm not as DAP-crazed as I am IEM crazed, so I tend to confine myself to either amazing deals or the second hand market. Considering that the Ti is a "limited" run of a thousand, I expect them to start popping up for sale sooner or later, and also I'm keeping a close eye on Sony to see if they'll update their lineup

Jan 2, 2021 at 4:34 AM Post #1,236 of 3,674
WM1A/Z is 60mW/16ohms per channel unbalanced and 250mW/16ohms per channel balanced. Pretty weak compared to most daps. Unfortunately that’s the limitation of S-Master/class-D amplification.

But as @mvvRAZ said, when you find something that synergises well with the Walkman’s, they sound amazing :)

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2021 at 6:47 AM Post #1,237 of 3,674
WM1A/Z is 60mW/16ohms per channel unbalanced and 250mW/16ohms per channel balanced. Pretty weak compared to most daps. Unfortunately that’s the limitation of S-Master/class-D amplification.

But as @mvvRAZ said, when you find something that synergises well with the Walkman’s, they sound amazing :)
That’s not all that bad really, I thought they had a lot less power

Jan 2, 2021 at 8:15 AM Post #1,238 of 3,674
I've been taking a lot of "ones" for the team, y'all need to step up! :D

On the WM1A/WM1Z, I haven't heard anything that sounds as good as the 1Z in the correct pairing, but I'll be inclined to agree with "notoriously underpowered" - I think it comes in at something like 32mW? The LPGT for comparison has 500

On the LPGT Ti.... I'm not as DAP-crazed as I am IEM crazed, so I tend to confine myself to either amazing deals or the second hand market. Considering that the Ti is a "limited" run of a thousand, I expect them to start popping up for sale sooner or later, and also I'm keeping a close eye on Sony to see if they'll update their lineup

OG Solaris and 1Z was special

Jan 2, 2021 at 8:43 AM Post #1,239 of 3,674
Jan 2, 2021 at 8:46 AM Post #1,240 of 3,674
...and also I'm keeping a close eye on Sony to see if they'll update their lineup

I'm keeping a close eye on both Sony and Lotoo for a new flagship.
I have no inside knowledge on this issue, but I'd be surprised if Lotoo didn't release a new flagship this year, and the same goes for Sony.
I'm hoping for non-Android based for both, but that's just my personal preference :)

Jan 2, 2021 at 8:48 AM Post #1,241 of 3,674
I'm keeping a close eye on both Sony and Lotoo for a new flagship.
I have no inside knowledge on this issue, but I'd be surprised if Lotoo didn't release a new flagship this year, and the same goes for Sony.
I'm hoping for non-Android based for both, but that's just my personal preference :)
I think they mentioned a new flagship DAP in 2022? Don’t quote me on that though

Jan 2, 2021 at 8:49 AM Post #1,242 of 3,674

And another advantage of the D-class stuff is that insane battery life, even more so with th upgraded battery mod.
On my WM1A, I'm currently getting around 50 hours of use each time before I need to charge! :open_mouth: :sweat_smile:

Jan 2, 2021 at 8:53 AM Post #1,243 of 3,674
And another advantage of the D-class stuff is that insane battery life, even more so with th upgraded battery mod.
On my WM1A, I'm currently getting around 50 hours of use each time before I need to charge! :open_mouth: :sweat_smile:
That’s flat out insane lol Christ

Jan 2, 2021 at 9:04 AM Post #1,244 of 3,674
Unfortunately that’s the limitation of S-Master/class-D amplification.

Is that it? I read somewhere once that Sony's lower-than-average power output was them (alone among DAP makers seemingly) trying to accomodate Europe's weird laws around high volume in players.

Jan 2, 2021 at 9:06 AM Post #1,245 of 3,674
Is that it? I read somewhere once that Sony's lower-than-average power output was them (alone among DAP makers seemingly) trying to accomodate Europe's weird laws around high volume in players.
Nah that’s to do with the volume cap that they have implemented in the EU

The power we’re discussing is the current :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back