RAZ's TOTL review and rambles thread, on life support
Sep 10, 2020 at 11:05 AM Post #376 of 3,674
its really intriguing ur impression, what was strange on head fi, there was a unit that got sold to someone, and then the new owner decided to sell it as well I think within a week from owning it. It was strange

But what I get from u is that the sultan gets a rec from you

Sep 10, 2020 at 11:13 AM Post #377 of 3,674
its really intriguing ur impression, what was strange on head fi, there was a unit that got sold to someone, and then the new owner decided to sell it as well I think within a week from owning it. It was strange

As with any IEM there will be people that will like it and others that won’t

The original owner absolutely loved it but for whatever reason had to sell it. The second owner decided to keep his elysium over the sultan AFAIK :)

But yes, the sultan is comfortably in my top 3 favourite IEMs

Also, I’ll be sharing impressions of the Zephyr in a few hours, I’ve received them

Sep 10, 2020 at 11:19 AM Post #379 of 3,674

The original owner actually sent me a pm praising the sultan

He apparently needed some capital quickly and sold the Sultan. All things considered, needing cash during these difficult times, seems logical.

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Sep 10, 2020 at 11:22 AM Post #380 of 3,674
I know your stance on sources but if it's not too much to ask, we need your insight on R8 vs Kann Alpha vs LPGT. :)
Will gladly share my experience with each one! I’ll have the price for the R8 tomorrow so I’ll know if that’s happening - the Kann I’ll be able to demo with my dealer :)

Sep 10, 2020 at 12:10 PM Post #381 of 3,674
The original owner actually sent me a pm praising the sultan

He apparently needed some capital quickly and sold the Sultan. All things considered, needing cash during these difficult times, seems logical.
so true and i am a big noble audio fan myself , owning the khan is my joy, and seriously considering the sultan

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2020 at 12:26 PM Post #382 of 3,674
I was the second owner and regret selling it. The Sultan has a highly enjoyable sound signature. I ended up buying an Odin which I’m on the fence about. It has its strengths and weaknesses. The sultan really had no faults. The Sultan played well with everything I threw at it. Maybe I drank the Odin kool aid. Looking back I wish I would have kept the Sultan. I have no means of trying out new gear so blind buying is what I'm left with.

I guess I'm having my own personal CanJam at quite an expense lol. Wish CanJam never left Denver.

Sep 10, 2020 at 12:40 PM Post #383 of 3,674
I used to have a “the more the merrier” approach to treble but I’ve kind of evolved to wanting a more controlled top end that is exquisitely extended - the A18S and Sultan fit that description to the dot (would love @Deezel177 input here)

I wouldn’t call the Sultan bright - to me it leans much more on the warmer side of things, maybe borderline neutral with just especially good treble :)

I agree with this. Definitely not bright. I most certainly not a trebel head and I do not like when the focus is on the highs. Bright is an issue to me and I have very high sensitivity to higher frequencies if not done well, I also can get ear buzzing from certain peaky sounds. None of this on the Sultan. It's not overtly warm, I prefer warm IEMs so I would know - it's not warm but it's not bright. It's definitely the closest IEM to neutral I have heard while still being fun and having an actual sound signature of its own not just generic. It's warmth is there in the sense of "fun" and "engagement" but not in the sense of coloration.

Sep 10, 2020 at 12:48 PM Post #384 of 3,674
I was the second owner and regret selling it. The Sultan has a highly enjoyable sound signature. I ended up buying an Odin which I’m on the fence about. It has its strengths and weaknesses. The sultan really had no faults. The Sultan played well with everything I threw at it. Maybe I drank the Odin kool aid. Looking back I wish I would have kept the Sultan. I have no means of trying out new gear so blind buying is what I'm left with.

I guess I'm having my own personal CanJam at quite an expense lol. Wish CanJam never left Denver.
that is all I needed to hear, Noble are wizards in tuning so Sultan it is

Sep 10, 2020 at 12:57 PM Post #385 of 3,674
that is all I needed to hear, Noble are wizards in tuning so Sultan it is
Actually, I'm the third owner of this specific IEM haha. I am very happy to have it. Not really a problem with it sound wise. (I experienced a couple times some buzzing, I'm not sure if it was the stock cable wiggling around or what happened but it doesn't persist at all times. Might be some weird interference or something I'm keeping my ears on the lookout) Sorry circa for your regret :frowning2: but I do enjoy it. The only thing that would take it from my hands at this point is the Thummim. But I believe I possibly would keep both of the Thummim was that good. Unless I felt there was too much overlap. But, for all the main features of the Sultan it fits what I'm looking for greatly.

- Solid aluminum shell is very important to me, I don't like acrylic because I don't like feeling like I need to baby my IEMs. It makes me not even want to listen to them. I got rid of my custom IEMs because of this.
- Electrostatic highs - love them but need to be done right. DD lows (not a fan of BA, I'm a audio engineer, BAs just don't sound right no matter how good, I'm too used to real volumous air being pushed.)
- mids that don't seem like theyre floating around in outer space, but rather, seated nicely front of me but not pushed inauthentically forward. (I love Elysium mids best of any IEM, Sultan doesn't have the same honey goodness to mids but they're very good for what they are and I get my DD lows)
- beauty and engagement while still having good technical ability and a spacious soundstage. I want to hear all the sounds all around me. One of my top genres is progressive rock, so there's high extension and random sounds floating all over I want to feel properly.
- well designed metal shell. Not a fan of Thummim shell design even if I may buy them. Sultan also can have custom she'll which I will be getting if keeping so for design and looks, that's a huge plus in favor of Sultan over Thummim.
- Fit is fantastic. Perfectly fits, no ear rubbing like I experienced from 64 audio shells. And the valleys of the Sultan feel nice in the fingers.
- Negative marks - the stock cable. While compared to some IEMs that have just walmart cables basically, I think it could be better when compared to M5 or Thummim or obviously the Odin cable and such. Hopefully the trend of better stock cables continues. 3.5mm also doesn't do the Sultan justice. Easily could tell in a couple mins.

Sultan even does films very well. Just watched Spiderman into the spider verse with them just for fun and they fulfilled my own personal theater experience.

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2020 at 1:50 PM Post #386 of 3,674
so true and i am a big noble audio fan myself , owning the khan is my joy, and seriously considering the sultan

I’ve been reluctant in considering any other universal Noble since I had real fit issues with the Noble X which I was never able to rectify. The bulbous shell causes it to stick out more in my ears thereby producing a poor seal (lots of different tips tried), and this shell appears to typify most if not all its other models.

Sep 10, 2020 at 3:29 PM Post #387 of 3,674
I’ve been reluctant in considering any other universal Noble since I had real fit issues with the Noble X which I was never able to rectify. The bulbous shell causes it to stick out more in my ears thereby producing a poor seal (lots of different tips tried), and this shell appears to typify most if not all its other models.
I also had a ton of issues with the fit of the old gen Nobles (Noble X, Sage, Katana, Encore etc), but they’ve changed the shell since. The new one is quite large, but fits me really well - the Khan did stick out loads in my ears though and I didn’t love how that felt, the Sultan is a bit more compact

Sep 10, 2020 at 10:20 PM Post #390 of 3,674
Actually, I'm the third owner of this specific IEM haha. I am very happy to have it. Not really a problem with it sound wise. (I experienced a couple times some buzzing, I'm not sure if it was the stock cable wiggling around or what happened but it doesn't persist at all times. Might be some weird interference or something I'm keeping my ears on the lookout) Sorry circa for your regret :frowning2: but I do enjoy it. The only thing that would take it from my hands at this point is the Thummim. But I believe I possibly would keep both of the Thummim was that good. Unless I felt there was too much overlap. But, for all the main features of the Sultan it fits what I'm looking for greatly.

- Solid aluminum shell is very important to me, I don't like acrylic because I don't like feeling like I need to baby my IEMs. It makes me not even want to listen to them. I got rid of my custom IEMs because of this.
- Electrostatic highs - love them but need to be done right. DD lows (not a fan of BA, I'm a audio engineer, BAs just don't sound right no matter how good, I'm too used to real volumous air being pushed.)
- mids that don't seem like theyre floating around in outer space, but rather, seated nicely front of me but not pushed inauthentically forward. (I love Elysium mids best of any IEM, Sultan doesn't have the same honey goodness to mids but they're very good for what they are and I get my DD lows)
- beauty and engagement while still having good technical ability and a spacious soundstage. I want to hear all the sounds all around me. One of my top genres is progressive rock, so there's high extension and random sounds floating all over I want to feel properly.
- well designed metal shell. Not a fan of Thummim shell design even if I may buy them. Sultan also can have custom she'll which I will be getting if keeping so for design and looks, that's a huge plus in favor of Sultan over Thummim.
- Fit is fantastic. Perfectly fits, no ear rubbing like I experienced from 64 audio shells. And the valleys of the Sultan feel nice in the fingers.
- Negative marks - the stock cable. While compared to some IEMs that have just walmart cables basically, I think it could be better when compared to M5 or Thummim or obviously the Odin cable and such. Hopefully the trend of better stock cables continues. 3.5mm also doesn't do the Sultan justice. Easily could tell in a couple mins.

Sultan even does films very well. Just watched Spiderman into the spider verse with them just for fun and they fulfilled my own personal theater experience.
I always think metallic shells look more premium but the bass is always just too tight for my preference.
For the cable side, better stock cable always increases the SRP. Maybe just offer something like linum cable/ other entry cable then I would be more happy to demo it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back